• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
    Let's say Vikes have a deal with Chargers for #5, then Giants trade up from #6 to #4 and take JJ. What to the Chargers do? Arizona may still get MHJ at #6.
    I was confident, when the Vikes got that 2nd 1st that it was the Chargers they were targeting. BUT, #3 and #4 are in play and teams get desperate. I'm afraid we will miss out on the #11 & #23
    That's what makes it a football fan's version of a Soap Opera. Many things won't become evident until draft day(s).

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I firmly believe that if 3 trades that they want 11, 23 and a 2025 1st. I don't believe the Vikes have a second rounder in 2025 to play with. Now slot #4 would be a bit more interesting for what they would get in return. I think that a 2025 #1 included would be deemed too steep. I mean, 3 #1's to move 7 spots? That's the kind of move that gets a GM fired.
      Well, Bobby Beathard came close to doing that by giving up two 1st round picks, a 2nd rounder and two players to move up only one spot to draft...Ryan Leaf...two years later, Beathard resigned...

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

01) Bears * QB Caleb Williams * lucky guy gets Slayer to help him get off on the right foot
        02) Wash DC * QB Jayden Daniels * dude needs s’more sand in da pants brah
        03) NE * WR Marvin Harrison Jr. * however unbelievable it might be, would draft Fuaga over WR3
        04) Giants * QB JJ McCarthy * you get what you want out of life, and…. boldness has genius (Goethe)
        05) Minny * QB Drake Maye * isn’t this who they covet, and…. do they work in cohort w/NY on the QB shell game
        06) Az * WR Rome Odunze * stayin’ away from Nabers due to variable/uncertain mindset
        07) Titans * OT Joe Alt * or will the HC come thru on his stated intention…. to draft Nabers here
        08) Atlanta * ED Dallas Turner * bolstered the WRoom in FA, and still have a noticeable hole @OLB
        09) Bears * WR Malik Nabers * big oversight passing on Fashanu, and dude likely spells Keenan come the ‘025
        10) Jets * OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu * w/Moses ‘n Tyron this is unlikely, as seems Mr. Rodgers wants the Brockness in NY
        11) LAC RT Taliese Fuaga * keep your promises and overdeliver…. run block and protect the QB
        12) Denver * QB Bo Nix * apparently TT wants him if Sean don’t, and don’t think they woulda gone TE regardless
        13) Vegas * QB Michael Penix * best lefty here since Stabler, as gotta believe QB comes before RT here
        14) Saints * OT Troy Fautanu * some wanted Penning or Kenyon Green over Zion…. not eye
        15) Colts * ED Jared Verse * mighta made a good Cowboy, but comes off the board here first
        16) Seattle * OC Jackson Powers Johnson * might be a bit high for him, and…. extreme need here
        17) Jags * CB Quinyon MItchell * they could use a Dallas Turner or Brian Thomas here as well
        18) Cincy * TE Brock Bowers * does Trent Brown pave the way to Bowers, who fits best/well w/Burrow
        19) Rams * DT Byron Murphy * but can anyone conceivably replace the irreplaceable
        20) Steelers * OT Amarius Mims * maybe they like Latham better, and…. not eye said the armchair
        21) Miami * WR Brian Thomas * you don’t go away from what works, and…. the rich get richer
        22) Philly * ED Chop Robinson * the Micah Parsons compare seems like a Philly guy to me
        23) Wash DC * ED Laiatu Latu * we trade down (again) and they spell Clelin Ferrell post Chase Young
        24) Dallas * ED Graham Barton * is the bigger need @tackle or the OC for them
        25) Pack * DB Cooper DeJean * they could use an LT, but not sure there is a good one for the gettin’ here
        26) Bucs * CB Terrion Arnold * Ninja really liked Zyon McCollum, and…. not alotta gaping wholes on this roster
        27) Az * CB Nate Wiggins * not a whole lotta sand in this guy’s pants, and…. dude is a baller/playah
        28) Bills * CB Kool Aid McKinstry * this is roundabout where the value lies in first round CBs
        29) Lions * DT Jer’Zhan Newton * is this/he a fit in this D
        30) Ravens * CB Ennis Rakestraw * seems like a fit, but can't really say/don’t really know
        31) SF * WR Ladd McConkey * prolly some better ways to go here, but seems like a Frisco pick
        32) KC * OT JC Latham * sorry Zierlein and some of you others…. dude makes me uneasy/nervous (or is he in Vegas already
        Last edited by beachcomber; 03-27-2024, 12:13 PM.
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          01) Bears * QB Caleb Williams * lucky guy gets Slayer to help him get off on the right foot
          03) NE * WR Marvin Harrison Jr. * however unbelievable it might be, would draft Fuaga over WR3
          04) Giants * QB JJ McCarthy * you get what you want out of life, and…. boldness has genius (Goethe)
          05) Minny * QB Drake Maye * isn’t this who they covet, and…. do they work in cohort w/NY on the QB shell game
          06) Az * WR Rome Odunze * stayin’ away from Nabers due to variable/uncertain mindset
          07) Titans * OT Joe Alt * or will the HC come thru on his stated intention…. to draft Nabers here
          08) Atlanta * ED Dallas Turner * bolstered the WRoom in FA, and still have a noticeable hole @OLB
          09) Bears * WR Malik Nabers * big oversight passing on Fashanu, and dude likely spells Keenan come the ‘025
          10) Jets * OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu * w/Moses ‘n Tyron this is unlikely, as seems Mr. Rodgers wants the Brockness in NY
          11) LAC RT Taliese Fuaga * keep your promises and overdeliver…. run block and protect the QB
          12) Denver * QB Bo Nix * apparently TT wants him if Sean don’t, and don’t think they woulda gone TE regardless
          13) Vegas * QB Michael Penix * best lefty here since Stabler, as gotta believe QB comes before RT here
          14) Saints * OT Troy Fautanu * some wanted Penning or Kenyon Green over Zion…. not eye
          15) Colts * ED Jared Verse * mighta made a good Cowboy, but comes off the board here first
          16) Seattle * OC Jackson Powers Johnson * might be a bit high for him, and…. extreme need here
          17) Jags * CB Quinyon MItchell * they could use a Dallas Turner or Brian Thomas here as well
          18) Cincy * TE Brock Bowers * does Trent Brown pave the way to Bowers, who fits best/well w/Burrow
          19) Rams * DT Byron Murphy * but can anyone conceivably replace the irreplaceable
          20) Steelers * OT Amarius Mims * maybe they like Latham better, and…. not eye said the armchair
          21) Miami * WR Brian Thomas * you don’t go away from what works, and…. the rich get richer
          22) Philly * ED Chop Robinson * the Micah Parsons compare seems like a Philly guy to me
          23) LAC * ED Laiatu Latu * am of the mind that we move on from Bosa before Khalil
          24) Dallas * ED Graham Barton * is the bigger need @tackle or the OC for them
          25) Pack * DB Cooper DeJean * they could use an LT, but not sure there is a good one for the gettin’ here
          26) Bucs * CB Terrion Arnold * Ninja really liked Zyon McCollum, and…. not alotta gaping wholes on this roster
          27) Az * CB Nate Wiggins * not a whole lotta sand in this guy’s pants, and…. dude is a baller/playah
          28) Bills * CB Kool Aid McKinstry * this is roundabout where the value lies in first round CBs
          29) Lions * DT Jer’Zhan Newton * is this/he a fit in this D
          30) Ravens * CB Ennis Rakestraw * seems like a fit, but can't really say/don’t really know
          31) SF * WR Ladd McConkey * prolly some better ways to go here, but seems like a Frisco pick
          32) KC * OT JC Latham * sorry Zierlein and some of you others…. dude makes me uneasy/nervous
          I like that mock. But, with Bowers there at 11, it's very difficult to go RT.
          And B. Murphy avalaible at 19 for the other 1st pick ?

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I like that mock. But, with Bowers there at 11, it's very difficult to go RT.
            And B. Murphy avalaible at 19 for the other 1st pick ?
            Murphy is def a consideration as the neither of Jer'Zhan nor Latu are so formidable against the run.... (we don't need another Tillery in the mix ?)

ps. did a coupla few edits, so not sure which version you were working off of.... ??
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I firmly believe that if 3 trades that they want 11, 23 and a 2025 1st. I don't believe the Vikes have a second rounder in 2025 to play with. Now slot #4 would be a bit more interesting for what they would get in return. I think that a 2025 #1 included would be deemed too steep. I mean, 3 #1's to move 7 spots? That's the kind of move that gets a GM fired.
              have previously stated that I think 11, 23 and their 2025 third round comp pick gets it done.... w/the LAC, and.... wondering if NY's third is enough for Az to move down the two spots ??

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Who gives the 'grades' to these picks? Is that part of the software?
                Yeah,..PFF is funny. Only two A's and no A+s with a D and a C+ and the rest Bs and then final greade is a A-

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I think it's based on what they consider are team needs and then where the player is ranked by PFF. They list our needs as RB, WR, TE, DI, LB & CB. Not sure if that is in order of perceived importance or not. I do know if you reach like I did with Nourzad that they ding you. No worries, it's all a game anyway. I still really like that haul.
                  I dont think Nourzad is a reach though. That's 6th round. Seen him higher and he looks like a pretty good prospect. Chargers had a visit with a OC from Louisville, Brian Hudson. Listed as a UDFA and a alledged visit with East Carolina Safety, Julius Wood....can't find anything about him xcept his stats. Not sure if it's true though, it was a Twitter guy who is a Bolts fan. Don't know if its credible.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-27-2024, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think Nourzad is a ready though. That's 6th round. Seen him higher and he looks like a pretty good prospect. Chargers had a visit with a OC from Louisville, Brian Hudson. Listed as a UDFA and a alledged visit with East Carolina Safety, Julius Wood....can't find anything about him xcept his stats. Not sure if it's true though, it was a Twitter guy who siamBolts fan. Don't know if it credible.

Dude can hit and tackle.. Nice find.

Julius “JUJU” Wood 🔥 Top Safety In College Football ᴴᴰ - YouTube
                    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

If the pick is slotted higher, you get a better grade looks like.
                      Mainly, based on their ranking - i think they also look at what they think the team “needs”. They aren’t always right on that either.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        )[/I][/FONT][/FONT]
                        agree with your raider and bronco picks. If i was the raiders and broncos, i would just stay where i am and draft Nix or Penix. why give up tons of draft capital to roll the dice on a different QB. just take one of the 2nd tier guys and see how he does.

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

PFN_Draft_result_1711624275911.pngNone too shabby methinks. Traded down here and there.

Comment

Working...
                          X