• CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So true.
    Closer we get to Apr 25
    the pickier I get.
    DeJean is stiff.
    Gould @ #181 ???
    I noticed as much too but it doesn't seem to negatively impact his play, at least thus far.
    still at play for me at 23
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
      Also. As to WR, they could get a Bowers early a WR in the 4th or 5th and then sign Boyd after the draft.
      Popper mentions this in a round about way
      They have options. Minimum one WR and a max of 2.
      and they aren’t done by a long shot with QJ.
      He says that it seemed like teams knew what route he was running before the play even happened.
      It's been mentioned here....lol
      1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
      2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
      3a- #66 Puni OT
      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
      4a- #105 Rice WR
      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
      5- #140 Green CB
      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

with this roster, there is plenty of room to draft for now. almost everywhere you look, there is opportunity for now.

think of it this way - if our roof leaks, heater won't light, electrical breaker panel is shorted out, frig is on the fritz and all our food is spoiling, and we don't even have any liquid bath gel soap to take a goddamn civilized shower with and now we're scrubbing our bodies with ajax in the dark like concentration camp prisoners ... we don't devote this Saturday adding a lovely epoxy coating to our garage floor.

Fortunately - DE won't be the best player on the board at 5 - we all can see the board from here, we all know the Top 10 and maybe, maybe one DE is ranked between 8 and 10.

whew - dodged a bullet there. We'd feel like a bunch of stooges if we wake up Monday morning to a shiny epoxy garage floor, which we have to open the garage door to even see because the electricity is still out, and then go back inside and take another ajax shower in the dark.

I do like Verse though. dude is a maniac!
        I agree with the bolded. I was just saying that they could draft Verse even though he is not a need now, but DE will likely be a need next year which is why Verse wouldn't be a bad choice.

1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• RockyMtnBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

I know there’s a lot of talk around trading out of #5 and while I think that’s possible I think they will only do it if they can get a kings ransom. I don’t think 11&23 will be enough to get them to trade back.

my reasoning is that they are in a position to get an “elite” talent at a need position that represents great value for roster construction. Either MHJ or Nabers is what they need. These are arguably the two best football players in the draft. Talk all you want about having a dominant run game, but most NFL games come down to the 4th quarter and you NEED elite talent that can get open and make plays in crunch time to win games.

They aren’t expecting to be in position to draft this type of elite playmaker ever again. So unless Minnesota throws in next years #1 and significantly over-pay I am now hoping they stick and pick one of the WR’s.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Because I’ve been watching Vikings poscasts, I don’t know if you guys are aware that there’s an Investigation into ATL tampering with Cousins. There are rumors that the NFL is going to make ATL swap with MIN. So MIN would have 8 and ATL would go to 10.
            But they are saying if this gets murky and ATL is trying to make it as muddy as possible, the penalty probably doesn’t happen until next year as the investigation will take forever.
            MIN is at 11

weird their rumor is confined to just the MIN market, has anyone outside of there heard a peep?
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post
              I know there’s a lot of talk around trading out of #5 and while I think that’s possible I think they will only do it if they can get a kings ransom. I don’t think 11&23 will be enough to get them to trade back.

my reasoning is that they are in a position to get an “elite” talent at a need position that represents great value for roster construction. Either MHJ or Nabers is what they need. These are arguably the two best football players in the draft. Talk all you want about having a dominant run game, but most NFL games come down to the 4th quarter and you NEED elite talent that can get open and make plays in crunch time to win games.

They aren’t expecting to be in position to draft this type of elite playmaker ever again. So unless Minnesota throws in next years #1 and significantly over-pay I am now hoping they stick and pick one of the WR’s.
              KC has done it twice without a great WR.

I’d be fine with either of them. I’d be fine with a trade down and some inside beef building at 11/23 too, I favor DT beef personally and 11 isn’t too high for me to place a 5 year+ anchor in the middle of the DL. Many ways to skin a cat … er, according to cat-skinners that is, I wouldn’t really know.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• RockyMtnBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

KC has done it twice without a great WR.

I’d be fine with either of them. I’d be fine with a trade down and some inside beef building at 11/23 too, I favor DT beef personally and 11 isn’t too high for me to place a 5 year+ anchor in the middle of the DL. Many ways to skin a cat … er, according to cat-skinners that is, I wouldn’t really know.
                Yes, but still with elite talent at QB, TE a very good oline and rb and one of the best o-coordinators ever. I just think if you look at the Chargers after moving on from so much key offensive talent, they really need an infusion of young play-making offensive skill players.

I agree with the inside out philosophy and that is foundational for sustained success. So YES need to build the trenches. I won’t be pissed if they trade back almost regardless of the picks because there are a lot of holes and a need to bring in the right players to execute the Harbaugh philosophy. I just think there is a major deficiency of offensive playmakers and I think the WR’s have a pro-bowl floor with All-Pro ceiling. Safe, elite, position of need, makes sense from a roster construct value perspective. Even Bowers, while great and a player that I’d be happy to have has a lower floor and doesn’t make sense from a financial roster build standpoint.
                Last edited by RockyMtnBoltFan; 04-16-2024, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Stetson516 View Post
                  IMO...i don't think we waste a blue chip pick on Bowers. Plenty of other needs and more important. But..... have you looked at Tip Rieman? Dude flows across the middle and sits down just like Kelce does.. his highlights resemble him sooo much and he plucks the ball out of the air so easy and snappy.... his hands are HUGE, like Gronks. His measurables are like both combined, if not better. Bigger faster stronger... bench more than both, 28 reps. LOVES to run block. Huge...6'5" 270lbs... he's probably like our late 4th (110) or early 5th round option at that position... watch some film and let me know if I'm off my rocker. BOLT UP!
                  Dang, he's big and physical! Lined up a lot of different places. Moves well for his size. Looks like a good receiver with good hands. Finds open spots in the zone. Looks like Illinois under-used him.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

Woody told me after the combine my dream of Reiman in the 7th was dead.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Because I’ve been watching Vikings poscasts, I don’t know if you guys are aware that there’s an Investigation into ATL tampering with Cousins. There are rumors that the NFL is going to make ATL swap with MIN. So MIN would have 8 and ATL would go to 10.
                      But they are saying if this gets murky and ATL is trying to make it as muddy as possible, the penalty probably doesn’t happen until next year as the investigation will take forever.
                      Sounds like another Minnesota fan base started rumor like the Herbert to Minnesota trade.
                      I've not heard that anywhere on Twitter or TV with ESPN, NFL Network Cowherd or McAfee shows.

Why would the NFL pick Minnesota that ATL had to swap with? Fanbase made rumor!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

You win a Super Bowl by making it there first. Something this team hasn't been close to doing since the game when Rivers played injured at New England so many years ago. At least making it there would be big.

I'm pretty sure there are other good players besides Dallas Turner and Jared Verse. The positions that are most glaring are CB and WR.
                        Glaring as opposed to what? not glaring as much? the roster is absolute dogshit thanks to previous management, no depth pretty much anywhere, you have clear long term starter type guys at two positions on the entire team, QB and LT, and you could argue that Tuli is in the process of putting himself in that mix, but outside of that what do you have?

Why isn't anyone talking about the fact that both Bosa and Mack are gone after 2024, that and they won't have the top ten pick next draft, now is the time to address getting a top notch Edge player to fill that gap in the future, that opportunity won't be there next year...as for receiver, there are probably still 2-3 lower priced veteran guys available that can help fill the gaps along with another WR draftee which could come as late as round 5 and still have an impact...

I would draft Edge, CB, LB, and DT with my first 4 picks and not in that order but in the order that makes more sense based on what is available...then you can address, RB, WR, OL, and TE on day three...defense needs to be the top priority in this draft...
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sounds like another Minnesota fan base started rumor like the Herbert to Minnesota trade.
                          I've not heard that anywhere on Twitter or TV with ESPN, NFL Network Cowherd or McAfee shows.

Why would the NFL pick Minnesota that ATL had to swap with? Fanbase made rumor!
                          Yeah. It’s interesting to watch another base just go ballistic a week before the draft.

Comment

Working...
                          X