• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I wouldn't have minded seeing some Kareem Hunt
    The Bolts just don't bring in risky known bad character dudes, talented or otherwise.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

The Bolts just don't bring in risky known bad character dudes, talented or otherwise.
      He's going to miss half the season on suspension. Not good for a team that is shooting for a SB berth.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

He's going to miss half the season on suspension. Not good for a team that is shooting for a SB berth.
        It's perfect. He comes back totally fresh at the halfway point when everybody else is a little banged up.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

I wouldn't put Kareem Hunt in that category.

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

It's perfect. He comes back totally fresh at the halfway point when everybody else is a little banged up.
            Yep. I believe that was why perennial backups, Damien Williams and CJ Anderson played so well at the end of last year. They were both fresh while most of the guys they faced had played 3/4 of the season before they really got their chance.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              If he gets a new contract, it should be for no more than 2 years. In other words, there will be an out after two years even if the contract is for longer.
              Yep...offer Gordon a two-year deal at a team-friendly price, an Addae-like out after 2 years in case the injury bug hits again, or if another viable bell-cow back signs with us cheaper, then an option for another year if MG3 performs well...

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Part of it is also about how good the line is in front of the RB. The KC backups and CJ Anderson, plus lots of others in the past come into teams with good OL, and play well. It is relatively easy to find a RB who can just run.

If you want them that can pass protect that is somewhat tougher. PLenty of RB struggle in pass protection, and since RB are the guys who adjust to blitzers...... it is not something that coaches can tolerate for long if the RB cannot get better fast. Every QB is 1 hit away.

If you want RB who can be really effective in the passing game, more than just checkdowns, then that limits the pool even more. CJ Anderson and Williams for KC were fine runners, able to protect their QB, but neither was much of a factor as a receiver. That is where guys like Kamara, Gordon, Hunt, Gurley really shine. Those guys are a lot harder to find.

Are they really worth it? Steelers had one in Leveon Bell, and they said it wasn't that important. Of course they also didn't make the playoffs, and it is not just because of Bell. Each team is going to have to decide based on their offense, how much talent they have and the other needs they may have.

If Gordon is looking for Bell like money he can forget it. He has been hurt a lot, and while he flashes that type of ability, he doesn't play at that level consistently. So, the question is how much less?

I don't think the Chargers are going to be able to give him that much anyway. In any case, given our situation, there is no hurry. Gordon is under contract, so he isn't going anywhere. We have him for another season. We also have some depth at RB right now. No, Newsome and Jackson are not anywhere near the players Gordon are. But Gordon is not an elite player either. How well will Ekeler, Newsome, and Jackson come this year will have something to say about whether Gordon comes back. How well Gordon plays will figure in. And who else is a FA will figure in.

We currently have almost $13 mill for this season. We will need about $3mill for Tillery and Adderley. And as much as another $6 mill for in-season expenses, but that could still leave $4 mill or so to either give some sort of bonus to get ahead of things, or to roll over for next season. As of now, we have $57+ mill in cap space for next season. Adderley and Tillery are not signed yet. Rivers is not either. Hunter Henry is too, as is Pouncey. There are other assorted players that I would like to see us keep, but few who will probably break the bank, and there are players we can cut to free up more space if needed (about $30 mill-ish).

Todd Gurley, Leveon Bell, David Johnson money is not really in the cards for Gordon. He might be able to get a 3 year, $18-$24 million contract. That is the next level of performance, and more in line with what his production has been. Given his injury history, I would and the fact that he is close to being an upper echelon back, I would think 3 years $18 mill, with some bonuses would be about right. Maybe a bit high, but I am sorta sentimental.

Ekler is a FA too, since he was undrafted. To me he is more of a 3year, $10.5 mill guy, IF (and it is kinda a big if), he steps his game up this season, which I expect he will.

Listing all of the 2023 NFL free agents and free agent contracts of the Los Angeles Chargers. Sort free agents by team or position

A real-time breakdown of the Los Angeles Chargers 2023 salary cap, including salaries, bonuses, reserve lists, dead cap, cap space and more.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I wouldn't have minded seeing some Kareem Hunt
                  Telesco never gonna sign someone like him. Kudos to KC for cutting him. He only had a few places willing to sign him. He has the Bengals and Cowboys left if he messes up in Cleveland, who really didn't need him.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Telesco never gonna sign someone like him. Kudos to KC for cutting him. He only had a few places willing to sign him. He has the Bengals and Cowboys left if he messes up in Cleveland, who really didn't need him.
                    Hunt's a good guy...just like LT, Weddle, Cro and Vick

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Never heard/saw LT kick a woman after knocking her to the floor.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Never heard/saw LT kick a woman after knocking her to the floor.
                        No you didn't. Guys get excoriated for any number of things.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Yes good guy, just ask the girl he knocked down and then kicked lol
                          Good.player, just don't expect Telesco to sign guys like that who will be and possibly again can be suspended a long time if it happens again.

Comment

Working...
                          X