• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It just depends in who it is for me. I never been a big fan of Ingram and didn't want us to draft him.

He has been pretty decent but i was not really into giving him big money but on the other hand, we kinda needed him. Pass rushers are harder to come by than RBs.

When Ingrams contract comes up next time, he is toast for me and he will be in his 30's. He has his moments but isn't consistent enough imo

I'd have no problem letting Benjamin go or Hayward after this season. Bosa has to have a big year to get that fat contract we all expect he wants
    Qb is the only position i sign high dollar money to post 30. Premium oline player if early 30s and shorter term is ok. The rest? Thanks for your service, but we have decided to move on. Post 30s vets i only sign at a discount to current production mv. The further past 30, the steeper the discount. My .02

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Rivers and Henry will be brought back. And Rivers alone is crazy expensive. Better draft a C soon. Is Quessenberry the answer? Unknown. Trevor Williams is developing still has some upside. Its nice to have a #2 CB that didnt cost us anything. Still the market is so high for decent CBs. The bulk of the core hits in 2021 so i agree 2020 was really about Rivers and Henry. Schofield could be a cheap bring back.
      Rivers and HH are the only 2. pouncey will he too old by then. Williams is ok, but far from irreplaceable. Schofield is serviceable.

I am of the mind that i would replace the bottom 10-15% of my roster annually. I woud factor in experience and upside in that evaluation too.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Rivers and HH are the only 2. pouncey will he too old by then. Williams is ok, but far from irreplaceable. Schofield is serviceable.

I am of the mind that i would replace the bottom 10-15% of my roster annually. I woud factor in experience and upside in that evaluation too.
        You could be right. I guess my initial point about the free agents was the money that was going to get paid out. And 2020 is really about Rivers and Henry. The Rivers contract will be huge. As much as i was hoping for a team friendly deal im not sure he will want to be the guy to potentially reduce the market for future QBs. Something i never really considered until recently. I didnt post the 2020 free agents because it was loaded with players. It was because Rivers was on it. And he will be the most expensive player on the team.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Qb is the only position i sign high dollar money to post 30. Premium oline player if early 30s and shorter term is ok. The rest? Thanks for your service, but we have decided to move on. Post 30s vets i only sign at a discount to current production mv. The further past 30, the steeper the discount. My .02
          I wouldn't say always, but its a good baseline philosophy. After about 8 years, guys are pretty much in decline.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

I would not extend Gordon unless he was willing to give a huge hometown discount, and I don't think he will (nor would I blame him for not). Too many injuries, too many hits and the nagging longevity worry post micro-fracture surgery. He has developed into a very good back, but can be replaced and the premium money he'll likely want could be spent on more needs.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

It's a cold, hard reality for rbs in today's game
              they take most of the punishment
              therefore have the shortest shelf life
              and are flooded every year with cheaper, capable college backs
              its arguably the least prosperous position in all of pro sports and I feel for them
              wts, I've been consistent with my stance that it would be unwise for the organization to pay MG3 what he deserves.
              Not to mention (but I think it's important to) that Lynn is a rb by trade, therefore is reasonable to expect him to compensate by coaching up lesser talented guys thus saving us from having to pay market price for RBs
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                It's a cold, hard reality for rbs in today's game
                they take most of the punishment
                therefore have the shortest shelf life
                and are flooded every year with cheaper, capable college backs
                its arguably the least prosperous position in all of pro sports and I feel for them
                wts, I've been consistent with my stance that it would be unwise for the organization to pay MG3 what he deserves.
                Not to mention (but I think it's important to) that Lynn is a rb by trade, therefore is reasonable to expect him to compensate by coaching up lesser talented guys thus saving us from having to pay market price for RBs
                Good post. Very accurate. Why do RBs take the most punishment? OL and DL smash into each other nearly every play.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
                  Good post. Very accurate. Why do RBs take the most punishment? OL and DL smash into each other nearly every play.
                  I'm not a doctor but it has to have something to do with the type of hits and their size. So a running back is running full speed and getting slammed by hogs at the line or linebackers. These hits tend to vary in location and can hit knees and ankles with quite a lot of force.

Linemen also tend tend to be bigger and their bodies can handle the punishment better than a running back. In general bigger running backs lack the explosion but have better injury history. In today's nfl it feels like the days of The Bus type backs is fading for the flashier more splashy mid to small sized running backs who can hit the home run but will be more likely to be injured.

Thats just my two two cents on it, could be wrong but it seems like the logical reasons.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Not at all the same. They aren't smashing into each other with a running start. RB's are going too speed trying to hit the hole and can get leveled. They are also tackled. Lineman arent

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I'm not a doctor but it has to have something to do with the type of hits and their size. So a running back is running full speed and getting slammed by hogs at the line or linebackers. These hits tend to vary in location and can hit knees and ankles with quite a lot of force.

Linemen also tend tend to be bigger and their bodies can handle the punishment better than a running back. In general bigger running backs lack the explosion but have better injury history. In today's nfl it feels like the days of The Bus type backs is fading for the flashier more splashy mid to small sized running backs who can hit the home run but will be more likely to be injured.

Thats just my two two cents on it, could be wrong but it seems like the logical reasons.
                      Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Not at all the same. They aren't smashing into each other with a running start. RB's are going too speed trying to hit the hole and can get leveled. They are also tackled. Lineman arent
                      Yup. Just wanted to get someone else's take. RBs take hits from bigger bodies than theirs running at or near full speed. Their knees, hips and other vulnerable parts are more exposed to damage.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Linemen tend to do more hand fighting and pushing. RBs get full body, full impact blasts. And a lot of helmet to helmet hits.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Gordon is rarely going top speed when/if he hits the hole. Too much dancing around and indecision in backfield.
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X