• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Then he will be a cancer for the team complaining how he's under paid unless he takes the 10mil. I say keep him up until the trade deadline then send him off to a losing team.
    I dont think we get an offer that is better than a 3rd round comp for him. At least as far as draft picks go. Im down for another starter though. But i think he just loves the guys to much. And he is getting sort of a shitty rep from his agent.

I think he comes back and plays this year and then hits free agency. If he doesnt take the 10M per. Could be totally wrong though. Just the vibe i get. I think hes that type of character. Doesnt want to leave his mates hanging.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

10 MILL a year would make him the 4th highest paid back 1. Gurley 2. Bell 3. Johnson 4. Would be the hold out Gordon.

I say it again there are more productive backs who proven to be less injury prone than Gordon, I would say Zeke Elliot, Christian McCaffery, and Alvin Kamara and when not suspended Kareem Hunt and they aren't making 10 mill. Through Donte Freeman in there till he got injured last year he is far more productive than Gordon

I am ready to move on from Gordon I thought he was smarter than that and if he is being mis-guided by his agent it is still on Gordon 10 mill and you're holding your a fool!

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
        10 MILL a year would make him the 4th highest paid back 1. Gurley 2. Bell 3. Johnson 4. Would be the hold out Gordon.

I say it again there are more productive backs who proven to be less injury prone than Gordon, I would say Zeke Elliot, Christian McCaffery, and Alvin Kamara and when not suspended Kareem Hunt and they aren't making 10 mill. Through Donte Freeman in there till he got injured last year he is far more productive than Gordon

I am ready to move on from Gordon I thought he was smarter than that and if he is being mis-guided by his agent it is still on Gordon 10 mill and you're holding your a fool!
        It's hard for me to believe that he is turning down 10 million a year. I know that's been reported, but we don't know what the real numbers are or the specifics. How many years and how much is guaranteed?

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Gordon knew the chargers couldn't pay him the money he's asking. He knows what he is doing and so do his agents. They know the situation on this team and they see the big defensive contracts coming down the road.

Gordon only cares about getting paid and he doesn't care about this team and that's why I'm done with him.

That being said said I think TT knows that the value he gets in a trade for MG has to be more than the value they will get from him week 10 and beyond into the playoffs. He may help us win a Super Bowl with the addition for a late push and playoffs. After that he can go get paid somewhere else and we'll draft a running back.

So we arent going to trade him for a day two pick and the return would have to help us win now. The only semi realistic option is a Trent Williams trade. There are complications around the cap with that deal but an extension for Williams with some fancy cap work could work. That's the only deal that I can see that makes the chargers better at a position of need and helps them this year more than a week 10 Melvin Gordon. This is also contingent on the redskins wanting Gordon for the price he's asking (being traded allows him to save face and take a little less from his new team). No way of knowing if that's possible and there may be some
            other hidden possibilities out there but overall it's highly unlikely that we get more value than Gordon for the playoff push/playoffs.

Btw Gordon is overrated and not worth 10 mil a year. Happy to be rid of him, it's the JJ show now.

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

I saw somewhere (maybe here?) where he re-followed the Chargers on social media so maybe he's come to his senses. I'm not sure why TT wouldn't let his agents talk to other teams about trade scenarios other than to show that the team held all the cards? Even if the agents found a trade partner who would pay him 13, they'd still have to compensate us to our satisfaction or we deny the deal. Seems to me maybe letting them shop around would open their eyes to see this is the best deal they are going to get.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                I saw somewhere (maybe here?) where he re-followed the Chargers on social media so maybe he's come to his senses. I'm not sure why TT wouldn't let his agents talk to other teams about trade scenarios other than to show that the team held all the cards? Even if the agents found a trade partner who would pay him 13, they'd still have to compensate us to our satisfaction or we deny the deal. Seems to me maybe letting them shop around would open their eyes to see this is the best deal they are going to get.
                It's a power play, TT doesnt want to trade Gordon. Gordon is the one demanding a trade, why would TT entertain that on anything but his own time. Gordon made his power play by demanding a trade and not showing up to camp, TT is playing the same
                game now.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I'd let him seek a trade, but it would have to be for a presumed top 50 pick.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

It's a power play, TT doesnt want to trade Gordon. Gordon is the one demanding a trade, why would TT entertain that on anything but his own time. Gordon made his power play by demanding a trade and not showing up to camp, TT is playing the same
                    game now.
                    I get the game, but I'm sure they have done their due diligence & enquired if ANY team would pay his asking price. I can't believe that any team would so let the agents give their own selves a taste of humility.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

No he isn't. Gordon more rushing yards, about the same TDs and about the same in receptions.
                      I'd put Gordon ahead of Freeman and at 10 mil per, he would be.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Then he will be a cancer for the team complaining how he's under paid unless he takes the 10mil. I say keep him up until the trade deadline then send him off to a losing team THAT WE CAN DEAL WITH FOR A NICE, HIGH 3RD ROUND DRAFT PICK.
                          There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

Working...
                          X