• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Regardless of how the season plays out, TT played this right. From what I have gathered reading this forum and listening to the news, we offered him around 10 mil a year, and then upped that later with some incentives...got rebuffed both times....fine. Shut the door.

I like Gordon...very good back. But not elite, and we can't bankrupt the francise for him. Can't let this one guy hold up the whole team financially.

I wish we could trade him, but I just don't see that happening.

I don't see how holding out any longer is going to help him. There will be no Bell deal for him next year...he just isn't that good, or at least if he is, he won't be showing it sitting at home, cuz to date he has just been above average to really good...not elite.

Overall, this whole situation seems like a pitiful shame. Both MG and the team have lost.

If he reports in the next few weeks and plays out his contract, all is forgiven...but now that we have jerked the deal off the table, that may not be happening.

Fine. Roll with committee and save the dough...roll it into a signing bonus on a reworked extension for one of our vets late season...or roll it into next years cap. We can use it.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

I think if he intends to play week 1 per Benji he would be showing up early this week or Coaches wont know if he is ready. Who knows what Whiz and Rivers have changed in the play calling verbiage and plays. Gordon is going to need reps to get his timing down on everything. If he doesnt report by wed I think he gets minimal carries and Jackson shoulders more of the load with Ek.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You know that you are firmly standing in quicksand when your team mates poke fun at you. Wake up Melvin......your agents blew up your head with BS and now are looking to blow up what reputation you may have left. Sad.......

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

You know that you are firmly standing in quicksand when your team mates poke fun at you. Wake up Melvin......your agents blew up your head with BS and now are looking to blow up what reputation you may have left. Sad.......
          If and when MG3 does finally show up, I can just imagine someone like KA to glare at him from across the locker room and say something like, "hey, Mel, nice of you to join us..."

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Players are generally supportive of one another in these sort of things. It's business and they tend to treat it like that. I doubt that unless he starts to get mouthy, Mel will be welcomed with open arms.

What players constantly seem to forget is that there is not an unlimited amount of money to pay players with. If one guy gets a huge contract, then it limits who else can get one. Overpaying Mel has consequences, even if they bury their heads in the sand and pretend it doesn't.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Benji is also the one who ran a punt return backwards...consider the source...
              Yeah that was a beauty. You have to wonder if that would have been 17's first victory over the Brady-led Evil Empire if it weren't for that play.

Comment

• PR#1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Benji is also the one who ran a punt return backwards...consider the source...
                He did.

But he also made some incredible catches in the 4th quarter of the chiefs game, giving up his body and taking a beating.

Funny how we don't talk much about that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                  I think if he intends to play week 1 per Benji he would be showing up early this week or Coaches wont know if he is ready. Who knows what Whiz and Rivers have changed in the play calling verbiage and plays. Gordon is going to need reps to get his timing down on everything. If he doesnt report by wed I think he gets minimal carries and Jackson shoulders more of the load with Ek.
                  He isn't reporting. Benjamin just throwing it out there for kicks

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Sorry to say it but I fear Gordon is done as A Bolt. He will probably do the same thing Vincent Jackson did. Hold out until game 10. Come back and play mediocre, maybe get a hamstring injury. Then he will leave in free agancy, get less than the chargers offered (I think $10M is too much for Gordon) and probably have an average career. Good luck Melvin. You got bad advice from your agent and you are going to lose money in the long run and not be happy either.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Twitter ablaze with news that MG III is filling the Eagles IG page

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        Twitter ablaze with news that MG III is filling the Eagles IG page
                        MGIII has also followed the turds and 9ers.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Would you trade Melvin Gordon straight up for Leonard fournette?
                          The Jaguars would get a mature elite dual-threat running back in his prime and get rid of a player who was a disruption last year. Gordon would give the Jaguars what they so desperately need, and he would be a great compliment to Nick Foles.

Chargers would get a top running back with two to three years remaining on his rookie contract. It would be a Gamble, but it would give fournette a change of scenery and an opportunity to refocus his career with a mature and talented team. Chargers wouldn't need to rely on him, but if he regained his 2017 form imagine what it would do to for this offense. He has had some great postseason games, and he is a dynamic receiver as well. I think he would fit.

Comment

Working...
                          X