• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Now i'm top tier spitballing to keep pace.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
      Rivers hasn't actually lit it up in the playoffs period. Other then the 2nd half of the playoff loss to Pittsburgh in January 2009, he's been average at best. I'm not sure a healthy Gordon wouldn't be a more valuable asset come January (healthy being problematic).
      Are you kidding me?
      Remember the last win in PO at BAL.
      Rivers had a better average rushing than Gordon !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Are you kidding me?
        Remember the last win in PO at BAL.
        Rivers had a better average rushing than Gordon !!!!!!!!!!!
        Gordon was hurt. He still scored a TD.
        Rivers played mistake free football...he didn't light up the stat sheets & basically took what was given.

I'm wondering if a healthy Gordon wouldn't have been more valuable, given that yards were hard to come by.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Rivers post season numbers. Just putting them out there. Followed by his career numbers and averages. He does tend to tail off in the post season as far as averages. The INTs stand out. Just quickly glancing at it. Ill let you guys go over them.

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 9.24.04 PM.png
          Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 9.28.47 PM.png

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Melvin may have company.

The Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott is one of the best running backs in the league and it's certainly reasonable that he wants to be compensated as such. As it stands, the No. 4 pick in the 2016 NFL Draft will earn $3.85 million in base salary this season, and his $6.2 million average annual salary ranks 10th behind Jerick McKinnon, Leonard Fournette and Lamar Miller.

With training camp set to begin later this month, Elliott plans to hold out until he gets a new deal, reports Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio.

Yahoo.com's Charles Robinson writes that while Elliott hasn't made a decision on whether to skip Cowboys camp ... "yet," the running back "definitely wants an extension in the works." There's more: "If Cowboys aren't proactive about a deal, I think this could go sideways fast. It hasn't yet. This will be an important week."
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Rivers post season numbers. Just putting them out there. Followed by his career numbers and averages. He does tend to tail off in the post season as far as averages. The INTs stand out. Just quickly glancing at it. Ill let you guys go over them.

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 9.24.04 PM.png
              Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 9.28.47 PM.png
              Rivers did play one of those playoff games with a torn ACL where he posted one of the worst QB ratings of his career so the numbers are slightly skewed.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

also, didnt the great peyton manning have really bad PO stats as well? heck the year he won the SB in denver he could barely toss the rock 15 yards on that noodle arm and even then it looked like a baby giraffe trying to fly.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Anybody who honestly thinks MGIII is more valuable to this team than PR in any game is out of their freakin minds.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s061mdG_odA

YouTube has published the MGIII segment w/ Baldy & Jaws, if you missed this piece.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Rivers did play one of those playoff games with a torn ACL where he posted one of the worst QB ratings of his career so the numbers are slightly skewed.
                      He's had enough PO games to set a representative average. Rivers hasn't played close to a HOF'er overall in the post season, lets just be honest about it. Team has generally played a lot worse than him, creating a lot of pressure on him to carry an entire team on his back. I don't blame him for never getting to the SB his entire career ... but he hasn't got there. Last year was one of his better playoff years, i would agree (if you asked) - except the first half of the NE game which was horrific for the entire team A-Z.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        He's had enough PO games to set a representative average. Rivers hasn't played close to a HOF'er overall in the post season, lets just be honest about it. Team has generally played a lot worse than him, creating a lot of pressure on him to carry an entire team on his back. I don't blame him for never getting to the SB his entire career ... but he hasn't got there. Last year was one of his better playoff years, i would agree (if you asked) - except the first half of the NE game which was horrific for the entire team A-Z.
                        I would agree that through most of his career, Rivers has tended to panic in pressure situations and made a lot of mistakes, especially slinging the rock into coverage for picks. Now, in the past year or two, both in the regular season and in the playoffs, I have seen a more disciplined Rivers--less errors, less picks, etc. Hopefully, this continues.
                        Last edited by Topcat; 07-17-2019, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                          Anybody who honestly thinks MGIII is more valuable to this team than PR in any game is out of their freakin minds.
                          I don't think he's more valuable than Rivers but I think he makes Rivers more valuable. Rivers has proven he can't win with out a strong run game.
                          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                          X