• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    And they have Goff coming up.
    Ouch. Goff has two years left on his deal, this year at $4+ mil a year, but his final year, his contract is heavy at the end, with $22 mil due him in 2020. After that, u better bet Goff will want Luck-like $$$ or close to it...Rams cap situation next few years will be horrible, especially with that Gurley injury and contract...the Rams did leave themselves a wimpy "out" after 2021, but by that time, Gurley will hobble all the way to the bank on his bum knee to collect a cool $45 mil GUARANTEED...ouch...
    Last edited by Topcat; 07-15-2019, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Thats only viewable with game pass.
      Sh*t. I assumed most had GamePass, I use it to watch coaches film of games.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

Lots of assuming the contract demands are exorbitant and that the team is offering a fair deal. If they weren't interested in resigning him and wanted him the one last year would this be playing out differently? I guess I kind of assume the team wants him but has been low balling him because Spanos. As long as he wants to be here and the team wants to sign him to a second contract is the situation (that is the current situation if you didn't know guys)I think the hysteria of this thread is over reaction to typical negotiation tactics with a tough negotiating team or a cheap ass owner depending on how you look at it.
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
          • Send PM

We have 5th year option and can tag after. His only leverage is holdout. He isn't getting Bell money from Bolts and his agents know that, I hope he does

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

I also wonder how many teams will be gunshy about signing Gordon, after he's been injured 3 of 4 seasons with us so far...especially with the Gurley injury looking worse right after he signed that monster deal with the Rams...u think they have buyer's remorse now?

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

2 words, micro-fracture surgery. Don't pay anyone big money long term that's had micro-fracture surgery on their knees. I would love for the Chargers to trade Gordon for another player upset with their team, Trent Williams.

He doesn't want to play for the Redskins and is sitting out of it's and mini camps to prove it. This guy would immediately make our line better and okung could slide to right tackle when and if he comes back. Williams makes all the rbs behind him better and is worth giving a sizable 4 year deal to.
              Last edited by Budsman; 07-16-2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                2 words, micro-fracture surgery. Don't pay anyone big money long term that's had micro-fracture surgery on their knees. I would love for the Chargers to trade Gordon for another player upset with their team, Trent Richardson.

He doesn't want to play for the Redskins and is sitting out of it's and mini camps to prove it. This guy would immediately make our line better and okung could slide to right tackle when and if he comes back. Richardson makes all the rbs behind him better and is worth giving a sizable 4 year deal to.
                Trent Williams but yes!
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Mr. Polian always placed high value on such players as Thurman Thomas and Edgerrin James.

Such players can be the difference between winning a Super Bowls or just barely qualifying for the tournament.

It is entirely fair to compare Melvin Gordon with Thomas/James.

It is time for TT to use coupons or do something.

Done...we're on to training camp.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Trent Williams but yes!
                    fixed, thanks! Getting old is hell.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

fixed, thanks! Getting old is hell.
                      I hear ya.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                        Lots of assuming the contract demands are exorbitant and that the team is offering a fair deal. If they weren't interested in resigning him and wanted him the one last year would this be playing out differently? I guess I kind of assume the team wants him but has been low balling him because Spanos. As long as he wants to be here and the team wants to sign him to a second contract is the situation (that is the current situation if you didn't know guys)I think the hysteria of this thread is over reaction to typical negotiation tactics with a tough negotiating team or a cheap ass owner depending on how you look at it.
                        We have been right up agains the cap for years so the Spanos is cheap argument is not valid. We don't know what the team offered nor what Team Gordon asked for but it appears as if they are far apart. The reality is we don't have a lot of cap space and have more important player contracts coming up so they cannot, and should not, overpay to keep him at the expense of not being able to resign Rivers and Gordon. We are a better team when he is on the field and healthy but I'm guessing he won't get close to what he wants from the team.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Perhaps Telesco can convince Gordon to take less per year in exchange for more guaranteed.
                          Maybe the Chargers have already offered something.

Example.
                          4years $48mil. 12m guaranteed.
                          Or
                          4years $36mil. 18m guaranteed.
                          Or
                          4years $32mil. 24m guaranteed.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X