• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Gordon's best move is to fire his bozo agents, admit he was taking bad advice and come back to the front office with new representation and ask for 10/year multi year deal.
    "That ship has sailed", says TT. "We live in a different world than we did just 30 seconds ago". How's 8.5 sound?

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What some dont seem to be grasping is NO TEAM is going to trade for Gordon to pay him 13 million. He really is untradable because they would have to sign him to a deal and for what he wants, it isnt going to happen unless that team has a ton of cap space to burn. Not to mention Telesco isnt going to trade for a disruptive player.
      Well maybe not now but if in 2-3 weeks into the season there are injuries to some #1 rbs, Gordon's value could go up ..... by a lot.

Gordon's value is much more fluid than many may think.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Well maybe not now but if in 2-3 weeks into the season there are injuries to some #1 rbs, Gordon's value could go up ..... by a lot.

I can't see it if that is his asking price. If he decides to take less it will be from us.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Flchargersfan View Post
          Trade him for any serviceable LT
          Yes exactly

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

Well see you in Week 10 I guess. No team is giving him $13M.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

I agree with this. The Texans are already in that boat, and if there running game is totally ineffective after a few games, which it could be after the loss of Lamar Miller, I could see them biting the bullet to acquire Gordon. But like you say, a season-ending injury another starting running back and Gordon's trade value and contract value will rise.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                Well see you in Week 10 I guess. No team is giving him $13M.
                If that is the case he plays the last 7 regular season games and playoffs for FREE. I'm good with that.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

My main thing is that the Chargers get a player for Gordon who can help the team now. The window is open now. We know quickly the window can close. A draft pick next year doesn't help the team win now. This team desperately needs offensive line help specifically offensive tackle. That is what I most would like to see in exchange for Gordon. A veteran tackle who could fill in for Okung and when Okung returns replace Tevi. But I don't see that player out there. The next biggest weakness in my opinion is the running back situation without Gordon. I am a big fan of Austin Ekeler. I know the plan is to split duties between Ekeler and Jackson. I just don't know if it will work. Both these guys are under 200 lb. The committee of Ekeler and Jackson could turn out to be awesome. I think that is entirely possible, but I am skeptical and I think it's risky to rely on that given this team has legitimate Lombardi Trophy ambitions.
                    Short of a real contender losing their starting RB week 1 or 2, I can't imagine any team offering a decent player to the Chargers or giving Gordon the money he wants. A team like the Packers come to mind if Jones were to go down early, since his backup, Williams is a really shitty RB.

Meh... Ekeler's at or a hair over and Jackson a hair under. Also, Jackson put up 4 straight 1k+ seasons in the hard nosed Big 10, all without missing a game. And Ek's the pound for pound strongest guy on the team. Jamaal Charles played at 199 and had an extremely productive career until his knees quit on him.

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I agree with this. The Texans are already in that boat, and if there running game is totally ineffective after a few games, which it could be after the loss of Lamar Miller, I could see them biting the bullet to acquire Gordon. But like you say, a season-ending injury another starting running back and Gordon's trade value and contract value will rise.
                      Their running game has been completely ineffective since they signed Lamar. 2 of their biggest needs in the draft were LT and RB, so they take a project LT and zero RB's.

And what on earth could they give us, even if O'Brien was that stupid? They have no draft capital, and outside of Tunsil, their OL is every bit as bad as ours. They're also not good at CB or TE, 2 other shallow position groups for us. The Texans really aren't a viable option.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

I think some of it comes off as character maybe? He waits and sees that the team didnt hedge him through the draft or FA. He sends the message that he's playing by changing jerseys. Hard earned dollars buy those jerseys. Then he decides to turn on his teammates and fans. Kills us.

Did the team know he would hold out if he didnt get a new contract prior to the start of the season? Was he negotiating before the draft and free agency?

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          WTF is he crying about now?

Comment

Working...
                          X