• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Tyrod Taylor is the best Chargers backup qb since Phillip Rivers.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Billy Volek won a playoff game. Tyrod Taylor needs to accomplish something first.

Comment

• Big Dog
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
        Billy Volek won a playoff game. Tyrod Taylor needs to accomplish something first.
        Beat me to it ... but I feel really good about having Tyrod

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Stick wont do a thing this year so cant get exited about someone who wont see the field for the next 2-3 seasons. I dont consider him at this time to be Rivers successor. We will draft another QB in the higher rounds.
          More concerning is how BAD Pipkins looked. Just awful and is far from being ready to even be a backup.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Stick wont do a thing this year so cant get exited about someone who wont see the field for the next 2-3 seasons. I dont consider him at this time to be Rivers successor. We will draft another QB in the higher rounds.
            More concerning is how BAD Pipkins looked. Just awful and is far from being ready to even be a backup.
            I thought Pipkens was bad too. They had the running back in specifically to help him with his guy on several occasions: his guy being some guy about to be on the waiver wire.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Yep, Pip and Django got beat up a lot. Lamp was kind of up and down, the more I look at the tape...he allowed several hurries...plays like a rook...

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Pipkins is a bad problem for this team. Can't cut him and can't keep him.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep, Pip and Django got beat up a lot. Lamp was kind of up and down, the more I look at the tape...he allowed several hurries...plays like a rook...
                  Keep up the good work.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Maybe Pipken was dealing with an injury. Or maybe he's not quite comfortable yet. I'm hoping!
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Wussy View Post
                      Maybe Pipken was dealing with an injury. Or maybe he's not quite comfortable yet. I'm hoping!
                      I think Pip is just a raw prospect...hopefully, in time, learning the playbook and getting coached up in footwork and other fundamentals, he improves...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Wussy View Post
                        I read somewhere about how Trent Williams struggled starting off, & that he was grateful to Washington for sticking by him.

Most young tackles struggle. However, Pipkens struggles are epic. Not knowing the playbook is one of his problems.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I think Pip is just a raw prospect...hopefully, in time, learning the playbook and getting coached up in footwork and other fundamentals, he improves...
                          He did struggle and I think it was just unrealistic to think we'll get much out of him this year until he puts a lot of time in practice, film and the weight room.

Comment

Working...
                          X