• Show
Clear All
  • Tol
    From Accounting
    • Mar 2019
    • Carlsbad
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

His mistake at the end of the game was mental. Nothing to do with age or athleticism.

His accuracy is fine. 66% completion rate. Why is it that all those who want Rivers gone distort the facts?
    What facts were distorted?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

His mistake at the end of the game was mental. Nothing to do with age or athleticism.

His accuracy is fine. 66% completion rate. Why is it that all those who want Rivers gone distort the facts?
      Whenever any QB throws up THREE picks; throws a couple more picks that luckily got called back due to penalties; then fails to complete a single pass out of several attempts on that final drive; worst performance in about 40 years on a single drive by any QB in NFL history; then I would say it's safe to say his accuracy is not too good...

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Link por favor?

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Whenever any QB throws up THREE picks; throws a couple more picks that luckily got called back due to penalties; then fails to complete a single pass out of several attempts on that final drive; worst performance in about 40 years on a single drive by any QB in NFL history; then I would say it's safe to say his accuracy is not too good...
          37 year old Rivers (not 38) threw a bad pass in the beginning of the game where Keenan jumped a little too soon, possible Keenan jumps a second later and deflects that pass. The 2nd int was 100% on Henry for falling down after Rivers threw the ball, he doesn't fall down the Chargers win that game due to no pick 6. The 3rd was a hail mary at the end of the game. So in essence Rivers really threw one pick that was his fault because HH doesn't fall down there is no hail mary at the end.

Had we won that game no one would be saying anything. Never any polls after Rivers wins us a game saying "should we extend Rivers for X amount of years?"

I do kind of like Stick due to what he did replacing Carson Wentz.

Would you guys prefer Rivers or Wentz on the Chargers for 2019 being 2 games back?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

If the Bolts tank the rest of the season, and are drafting around #7 overall, the odds of trading up and getting Burrow are about 3-1. If they DON'T tank, and finish somewhere around the middle of the pack, now your odds are 100-1...

So your saying there's a chance

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Wasn't accurate that day. And every QB has picks that got dropped or called back.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

If the Bolts tank the rest of the season, and are drafting around #7 overall, the odds of trading up and getting Burrow are about 3-1. If they DON'T tank, and finish somewhere around the middle of the pack, now your odds are 100-1...
                I get what you're saying.
                But Chargers can get Burrow........there is a price that will work.....it is all about the want to make it happen.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So your saying there's a chance
                  LOL...one of my favorite lines...

image.jpeg

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

37 year old Rivers (not 38) threw a bad pass in the beginning of the game where Keenan jumped a little too soon, possible Keenan jumps a second later and deflects that pass. The 2nd int was 100% on Henry for falling down after Rivers threw the ball, he doesn't fall down the Chargers win that game due to no pick 6. The 3rd was a hail mary at the end of the game. So in essence Rivers really threw one pick that was his fault because HH doesn't fall down there is no hail mary at the end.

Had we won that game no one would be saying anything. Never any polls after Rivers wins us a game saying "should we extend Rivers for X amount of years?"

I do kind of like Stick due to what he did replacing Carson Wentz.

Would you guys prefer Rivers or Wentz on the Chargers for 2019 being 2 games back?
                    I would prefer Wentz, since u bring it up. Wentz has a much better TD to pick ratio, and in situational stats, when the game is on the line, Wentz throws a lot less picks than Rivers, especially when behind or at the end of the half/game. Look:

image.png

Compare with Rivers--confirmation Rivers panics in crunch time:

image.png
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Topcat; 11-13-2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

No one who knows what they are talking about would say that Rivers has a systemic problem with accuracy. Turn off the hate and try to be objective ... if you can.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

No one who knows what they are talking about would say that Rivers has a systemic problem with accuracy. Turn off the hate and try to be objective ... if you can.
                        Not hating, just pointing out the facts. I'd really like Rivers to make less mistakes in crunch time; but he has a history of doing this. Refer to stat sheet above--in this year alone, TD to pick ratio is 10 to 12 when the team is behind...Rivers tends to press too much and forces the rock into coverage which result in picks, instead of being patient and hitting the short open man...

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Thanks ... I am too cheap to buy it ...

Comment

Working...
                          X