• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PMR9FAN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not hating, just pointing out the facts. I'd really like Rivers to make less mistakes in crunch time; but he has a history of doing this. Refer to stat sheet above--in this year alone, TD to pick ratio is 10 to 12 when the team is behind...Rivers tends to press too much and forces the rock into coverage which result in picks, instead of being patient and hitting the short open man...
    All true ... but you have said several things about Rivers that aren’t true, including your post regarding his accuracy. Just trying to keep it real ...

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Not hating, just pointing out the facts. I'd really like Rivers to make less mistakes in crunch time; but he has a history of doing this. Refer to stat sheet above--in this year alone, TD to pick ratio is 10 to 12 when the team is behind...Rivers tends to press too much and forces the rock into coverage which result in picks, instead of being patient and hitting the short open man...
      Then you must like Foles better than Wentz since he outplayed Wentz both times he went down. And that's another issue with Wentz. He gets hurt all the time.
      I'll take Rivers over him since Foles got them to the playoffs 2 years in a row without him.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Tijuana
        • Send PM

I think Rivers has earned the right to have a bad game (or stretch) and play himself out of it, I hope he shows everybody that he's still an elite QB and gets extended (1 or 2 years) and retires as a Charger

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Comment

• PMR9FAN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
            I think Rivers has earned the right to have a bad game (or stretch) and play himself out of it, I hope he shows everybody that he's still an elite QB and gets extended (1 or 2 years) and retires as a Charger
            Well said ... that will appease the football gods.

Ditching him early will make the gods very upset ...

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Nooooooooo! Don't give him the Eli Manning treatment! Start Rivers for the rest of the season, if we are getting blowned out, then put the back up in, or if for some uknown reason we are blowing out someone put the back up end. At sometime when we are out of the playoff hunt activate Stick and get him some playing time in, but Rivers starts sll the games. This is going to happen period Lynn has vet loyalty.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                Nooooooooo! Don't give him the Eli Manning treatment! Start Rivers for the rest of the season, if we are getting blowned out, then put the back up in, or if for some uknown reason we are blowing out someone put the back up end. At sometime when we are out of the playoff hunt activate Stick and get him some playing time in, but Rivers starts sll the games. This is going to happen period Lynn has vet loyalty.
                That is a perfect compromise solution. If we do get out of playoff contention at some point - and I am not conceding the season yet - then you can have your QB competition for next season now. But start Rivers out of respect to him.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

When Philip plays within himself, the offense, and limits his TOvers, he and the team are hard to beat.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                    When Philip plays within himself, the offense, and limits his TOvers, he and the team are hard to beat.
                    So, after years and years of Rivers NOT playing disciplined ball on and off, what makes u think Rivers will suddenly get Discipline Religion? That's a mighty big

image.jpeg

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

So, after years and years of Rivers NOT playing disciplined ball on and off, what makes u think Rivers will suddenly get Discipline Religion? That's a mighty big

image.jpeg
                      easiest answer: playing with a lead usually reduces hero ball.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

image.jpeg
                        I didn’t say if. I said when.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

C'mon man, you make it sound like Rivers has been Andy Dalton. Years and years of not playing diciplined ball?

Comment

Working...
                          X