• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

No, that’s not the way the curse works. The one terminated needs to have been the face of the franchise for several years.
    Ok, so its LT or Seau?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Ok, so its LT or Seau?
      Jack Kemp.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Bottom line: No matter how good Riverboat Rivers does at times, his Gamblin' Gunslinger ways are losing us games. A lot of games. Sorry, bench him. Next man up. Accountability. Leadership. Wisdom. All three traits, unfortunately sorely lacking in PR at the most critical times...
        Careful what you wish for.
        To think Tyrod would be better I just don't get it.

So he can run better.. big fucking deal. He isn't Micheal Vick, Cunningham running the ball.
        Our chances to win get lower with him but if your a tank type of fan,.....then that's the move to make.

Lynn isn't going to tank the season.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Careful what you wish for.
          To think Tyrod would be better I just don't get it.

So he can run better.. big fucking deal. He isn't Micheal Vick, Cunningham running the ball.
          Our chances to win get lower with him but if your a tank type of fan,.....then that's the move to make.

Lynn isn't going to tank the season.
          The correct move would be to put Tyrod in. However you would lose the team and possibly some crucial chemistry. I think we need a mobile qb with O-line we have. It's been a pretty clean strategy against Rivers over the years. It really gets exposed in the playoffs. Push the pocket into Rivers. PR is a master of moving up in the pocket. But shorten his stride into the throw and you get hanging balls dripping with INT. Pouncy imo was the straw. Im a Rivers homer. But unlike many I don't let it cloud reality. Flip-side. I would still be happy with PR if we had a complete O line.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

The correct move would be to put Tyrod in. However you would lose the team and possibly some crucial chemistry. I think we need a mobile qb with O-line we have. It's been a pretty clean strategy against Rivers over the years. It really gets exposed in the playoffs. Push the pocket into Rivers. PR is a master of moving up in the pocket. But shorten his stride into the throw and you get hanging balls dripping with INT. Pouncy imo was the straw. Im a Rivers homer. But unlike many I don't let it cloud reality. Flip-side. I would still be happy with PR if we had a complete O line.
            Eh,....mobile QBs with bad OLs usually lead the league in getting sacked.
            Check out Wilson and and Watson's sack totals. Hec for that matter,check out Tyrods.

Not good

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

No, the correct move is to leave Rivers out there and play uptempo, quick short passes and mix in the run.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

No, the correct move is to leave Rivers out there and play uptempo, quick short passes and mix in the run.
                Then why doesn't Rivers do that after all these years? Seems like he has a stubborn streak...

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Bingo. It ain't rocket science.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Then why doesn't Rivers do that after all these years? Seems like he has a stubborn streak...
                    I feel like we saw more of this style of game early on with Mccoy and whiz and then rivers was allowed to revert back to his risky ways.

We owe it to rivers it let him show us for the rest of the season he can adjust and play smart situational ball. Once we are out of it mathematically, I don't care what Lynn experiments with in terms of qb play. But for now as Lynn said Rivers is our guy and he has to find a way to win with him at the helm.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Eh,....mobile QBs with bad OLs usually lead the league in getting sacked.
                      Check out Wilson and and Watson's sack totals. Hec for that matter,check out Tyrods.

Not good
                      sack or not I would take BOTH of those guys over rivers in a heartbeat! Not even a close competition there.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Perhaps. We don't know how many times he really actually changes the play at the line (vs setting blocking assignments), what the game plan is, what matchups the coaches want him to try and take advantage of or anything like that. The coaches could, you know, coach and limit his ability to audible so much if they think he is being too aggressive. The reality is that Rivers has attempted more passes than any other QB in the league so far this year (yes I know we haven't had our bye yet) and has been pressured more than any QB in the league this year. Clearly the pressure is affecting him more this year, yet we are passing more than any team in the league. Where is the balance to help him and the line out?

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

You do NOT bench Rivers and put in Taylor.
                          Every game has been winnable. And Rivers has a habit of getting hot late in the season.
                          They need to finish 5-1 to have a shot a postseason.
                          Rivers needs to be a little better, especially late game decisions. The rest of team also needs to be better too. Just a bit better execution and they will get on a winning streak with Rivers.

Having said that. They still need to go get Joe Burrow next draft. Trade up and pick him. They need to be ready for the future.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X