• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

i just don't equate burrows with one of those qbs you give up a ton to get. he's not a mahomes or luck - never will be anywhere close to those guys.

No one now pats the Rams/Eagles for giving up so much for Goff/Wentz. But Andy reid, for moving up to #10, or Ozzie Newsome, for moving back into the first round for Jackson - si!

You could probably do that for Eason or the Georgia qb.
    Ive softened on Fromm. Wouldnt draft him first round.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

I'll just put this here.
      Father time is undefeated.
      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ive softened on Fromm. Wouldnt draft him first round.
        Fromm has all the measurables of a 2nd day guy to me. Possibly early 2nd round, like Brees.

Comment

• PR#1
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

This is the second,maybe third time after a loss he has started a thread with the same intent just a different title. It's either , bench Rivers, time to start Tyrod or it's firing someone.

Panic and drama threads is all it is. Usually these get deleted after being repeated over and over.
          It's clear that Captain Knee-jerk has an agenda against Rivers.

Last season was 12-4 and no qb will be successful behind this oline. Period.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Fromm has all the measurables of a 2nd day guy to me. Possibly early 2nd round, like Brees.
            He isn't as good as Brees as a college player

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              I'll just put this here.
              Father time is undefeated.
              Tell Brady that lol.

If TT is a man of his word and honors his "Rivers isn't going anywhere anytime soon" statement. I see the Bolts giving Rivers a 3 year contract and Rivers honoring all 3 years with zero thoughts of retiring during those 3 years.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Yes.
                He is basically saying its a year to year decision.
                Although I do expect him to play in 2020.

I also think 2020 is his last season......because i think the Chargers will finally draft a QB in the 1st rd in 2020.

TT has shown when they want a player they will trade up and get him. The only thing that will get in the way of moving up is if they finish this season strong....end up 9-7 and win a wildcard game. Then they are a final 8 team and would draft around 24-25. Likely too low to go get a top QB. If they still draft one early, it will likely be the 4th QB as the top 3 will likely be gone.

I dont want to see them settle.
                I dont like Plan B of free agent QBs.....but Bridgewater, Tannenhill, Winston, Brissett will likely remain where they are.....leaving Mariota as the possibility. Maybe he can be better on his 2nd team.

Chargers have struggled this year and if it continues, they won't make playoffs and could end up picking around 10-12. If thats the case then they can and should pay the price to move up to #1 and get the future franchise QB.

2020 1st & 2nd & 3rd.
                2021 1st & 2nd.

Should be enough.

They get the top 1st back in the trade.
                So it cost them 4 picks.
                2020 2nd & 3rd. And the 2021 1st & 2nd which if they have a solid seaaon in Rivers last hurrah could be a low 1st and 2nd.

Even if they had to cough up more picks to get the deal done. It doesnt mortgage the future. It sets up the future. The rookie sits for a year. Even if Rivers retires and does not play in 2020. Taylor starts and the rookie sits. This new franchise QB is a 15 year plan. So the 2020 and 2021 picks will be nothing in the grand scheme. 2022-2035 drafts you are building & fortifying the team around the new Franchise QB.

Get it done Chargers.
                If the Bolts draft at #12 overall, that first round pick is worth 1,200 points. 2nd round pick worth 460, and third round pick 210. Next year's first, discounted by half is 600, 2nd rounder 230. This all adds up to 2,700 points, enough to trade up to #2 spot at 2,600 points. If the team picking at #1 overall plays hardball, maybe throw in another player and it might be enough to have a deal. I still think it's giving up too much, but I suppose it's doable.

Comment

• bolthead123
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • San Diego
                  • I work in IT.
                  • Send PM

The guy is just too talented and smart. Lets see how the rest of the season goes.

People may not like that answer, but I have seen too many "quarterback droughts" over the last 35 years. Getting a quarterback with his stats and ability is very rare. I hope I am wrong.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If the Bolts draft at #12 overall, that first round pick is worth 1,200 points. 2nd round pick worth 460, and third round pick 210. Next year's first, discounted by half is 600, 2nd rounder 230. This all adds up to 2,700 points, enough to trade up to #2 spot at 2,600 points. If the team picking at #1 overall plays hardball, maybe throw in another player and it might be enough to have a deal. I still think it's giving up too much, but I suppose it's doable.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
                    Again, you put too much trust in a draft chart that isn't used by a lot of teams. They have their own charts and values.

The ONLY team that stupidly traded their entire draft for a player is the Saints/ Ditka.

I never heard of a next year's picks being discounted by half. Some GMs when trading a player will say no to a team because they are good already and they will pick too low. And even that isn't the norm.

There are other charts out there, you just have to Google them to see different ones and who knows of those are used.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Again, you put too much trust in a draft chart that isn't used by a lot of teams. They have their own charts and values.

The ONLY team that stupidly traded their entire draft for a player is the Saints/ Ditka.

I never heard of a next year's picks being discounted by half. Some GMs when trading a player will say no to a team because they are good already and they will pick too low. And even that isn't the norm.

There are other charts out there, you just have to Google them to see different ones and who knows of those are used.
                      At least that chart gives us a ballpark idea of what we'd have to give up to move up from the middle of the pack to #1 overall...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

At least that chart gives us a ballpark idea of what we'd have to give up to move up from the middle of the pack to #1 overall...
                        An unrealistic idea. You keep talking about trading our first ,second and third next year and saying next year's first isn't worth shit.....which isn't true....and then saying we need to give up our 2nd the following year.

We will have to give up some picks and maybe even a player to sweeten the pot but that's how it goes.

2 firsts, our 2nd and 3rd and a first in 2021 and our 2nd and your saying it isnt enough? Lol

I'd think that's Harvey Weinstein catagory
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-17-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

An unrealistic idea. You keep talking about trading our first ,second and third next year and saying next year's first isn't worth shit.....which isn't true....and then saying we need to give up our 2nd the following year.

We will ha r to give up some picks and maybe even a player to sweeten the pot bit that's how it goes.

2 firsts, our 2nd and 3rd and a first in 2021 and our 2nd and your saying it isnt enough? Lol

I'd think that's Harvey Weinstein catagory
                          Actually, I was responding to Critty's idea of those picks to move up to #1 overall. And actually, if we go by recent history, he wasn't too far off. In the 2016 draft, the Rams traded up from the 15th overall pick to #1 overall, held by the Titans. Look at what the Rams got, but also had to give up:

The Rams got:
                          Round 1 - #1 overall pick (which they used to pick Jared Goff
                          Round 4 pick from Titans
                          Round 6 pick from Titans

The Titans got:
                          Round 1 - #15 overall pick from Rams
                          Round 2 - from Rams
                          Round 2 - another from Rams
                          Round 3 - from Rams
                          2017 Round 1 - from Rams
                          2017 Round 3 - from Rams

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...icle-1.2600708

Comment

Working...