• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingcrimson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
    A new stadium rental home and have Tyrod Taylor hesitant on every passing down and scramble for 3 yards? You really want that as a change up to Rivers for the sake of change? The Spaons' MO from day one has them not doing that. They're not going to freaking debut in a new rental stadium and have Tyrod Taylor lead forth. So...forget that scenario.

What they might do is get the O-line healthy again, bring in a highly touted free agent O-lineman or two and get Rivers the protection he's accustomed to.

I just don't see the Spanos' opening up their new stadium rental with any kind of QB rebuild strategy in mind. The fan base is iffy to begin with. No time to try and sell tickets and rebuild at the same time. The new stadium will be the most state of the art stadium in the history of the NFL. More grandeur than the stadium Jerry Jones built. You don't christen something like that with the likes of a Tyrod Taylor, me thinks.
    I agree with your points. However, I’m talking about this season. Tyrod since week 1 would have us better than 4-7. Rivers hasn’t been playing close to the level he did last year. I think someone mentioned our line was about middle of the pack maybe a tad worse. Yet, only Winston has thrown more picks.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post
      Here's a quote from the Belicheat, "I really believe there is a way to win and you just have to figure it out. ... Fundamentally, it really comes back to, you can go back to a few 100 years B.C., Sun Tzu, The Art of War. Attack weaknesses, utilize strengths and figure out what the strengths are on your team. There are some things you have to protect, find the weaknesses of your opponent and attack. You can't win a war by digging a hole. You have to attack."

-from ESPN article about the 100 greatest players panel
      Bradley would laugh at that nonsense. Build your Great Wall and keep the hordes at bay!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Future OL of Pipkens, Lamp, Quessenberry, Feeney and Tevi is set for years
        I like Lamp. Many are down on him - not me! If he just stays healthy...injuries, division II football, new position - he'll master the elements soon!
        I like Pipkens. He'll be a decent tackle one day - hope that comes soon.
        I like Q. He might be a rock in the center of that line.
        Feeney might be adequate one day. He was fine against KC, and generally decent ever since being moved back to LG.

How long, O Lord, will we be wanderers in the wilderness?

P.S. The inclusion of Tevi convinces me you are mocking us sir. So be it!

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

League office wants Chargers in London anyways! That's why Spanos went ballistic. He doesn't like fish & chips!

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

A serious pity party going on.

let me know when the tears start flowing and it's group hug time.

I may want to join in.
            In Charger Camelot, the skies are the purest blue and the black knight is turned away.

Come in - the waters are warm and inviting!

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Critty im just now sort of getting the low down on why you started your thread. lol Im oout of the loop a little bit with the thread police thing. But the criticism of this place has been strong from a few of those CMB guys. So take it with a grain of salt. I appreciate the time and effort you put into your posts and team research. I think at your core you are an obsessed fan. And i like that.

It all sort of reads like a State Of The Union(Chargers) address anyways. This is where the discussion started anyways.

Cheers.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I do. Rivers is already gone in their minds. And plans.
                Agree! The public relations battle has already begun. Spanos seems irked by Rivers lack of commitment to the battle and the league is breathing down Spanos's back.

A Philcember might intimidate Spanos into reconsidering. Don't want to lose the few remaining fans.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Agree! The public relations battle has already begun. Spanos seems irked by Rivers lack of commitment to the battle and the league is breathing down Spanos's back.

A Philcember might intimidate Spanos into reconsidering. Don't want to lose the few remaining fans.

Try to remember the kind of Philcember
                  We used to have, and reach
                  the playoffs
                  With TD's a plenty, and picks were few
                  When we used to have a chance to go to the big dance
                  Try to remember and if you remember
                  then follow
                  follow.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

saying losing the TO battle is not specific to the Bolts...well true in the purest sense, but is DEAD ON with the bolts cuz rivers keeps "tossing it up for pix"...so it is specific to the bolts cuz that's who we're talking about as they are doing exactly that.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

I guess I understand the myopic view of some that this is all Rivers fault since he’s the leader of the ship but it’s obvious to anyone with two eyes that this oline is dog crap especially the tackles. Rivers has been hit and rushed from free rushers from his blind side more this year than I’ve seen in a long time. It’s obvious that many of his interceptions are based on blind or a gap side pressure. Sure there are times he gets some time and he moves the ball but there’s always the one play where he’s hit or is flushed out of the pocket or can’t step into the throw etc where he gets picked and it’s all his fault.

Just really tired of all of all these bolts fans who should know better blaming this on Rivers. It’s about 15 percent Rivers 25 percent scheme, 50 percent line play and 10 percent luck.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                        I guess I understand the myopic view of some that this is all Rivers fault since he’s the leader of the ship but it’s obvious to anyone with two eyes that this oline is dog crap especially the tackles. Rivers has been hit and rushed from free rushers from his blind side more this year than I’ve seen in a long time. It’s obvious that many of his interceptions are based on blind or a gap side pressure. Sure there are times he gets some time and he moves the ball but there’s always the one play where he’s hit or is flushed out of the pocket or can’t step into the throw etc where he gets picked and it’s all his fault.

Just really tired of all of all these bolts fans who should know better blaming this on Rivers. It’s about 15 percent Rivers 25 percent scheme, 50 percent line play and 10 percent luck.
                        Too many people refuse to believe their lying eyes and trust websites to tell them how the line is doing. Sorry this line is not middle of the pack. It is in the bottom 5 easy.

I agree and have said many times this disaster has been a team effort but people just want to have one nice easy scape goat and that is Rivers. It makes it easy little research is required and little knowledge is needed when watching the game. All bad plays are the QB’s fault. He got hit and threw an int? Well it’s his fault for not moving more in the pocket. A receiver runs a poor route causing a pick? Well again easy to blame the QB instead of watching the play and understanding what happened. You get it, I wish more people did.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I believe Rivers when he himself says he needs to perform better.

Something's different this time.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X