• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

It is a fact that in modern NFL offenses,
    QBs are ready earlier and offensive lineman need more time to develop.

Maybe we should be less afraid of what a young, mobile QB can do,
    and more patient with Lamp, Feeney and Pipkens !
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Here's a quote from the Belicheat, "I really believe there is a way to win and you just have to figure it out. ... Fundamentally, it really comes back to, you can go back to a few 100 years B.C., Sun Tzu, The Art of War. Attack weaknesses, utilize strengths and figure out what the strengths are on your team. There are some things you have to protect, find the weaknesses of your opponent and attack. You can't win a war by digging a hole. You have to attack."

-from ESPN article about the 100 greatest players panel

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        It is a fact that in modern NFL offenses,
        QBs are ready earlier and offensive lineman need more time to develop.

Maybe we should be less afraid of what a young, mobile QB can do,
        and more patient with Lamp, Feeney and Pipkens !
        Future OL of Pipkens, Lamp, Quessenberry, Feeney and Tevi is set for years

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          Looks to me like somebody wanted everyone to listen to his rant...so he started a "Hey everybody...look at me!!!" thread....

Everything in here could have been posted in another thread(s).

I started it because a TPB member asked me to. He was very concerned about integrity of thread topics.

I did not think he was serious at first, be he insisted and was adamant that I start a new thread and put my ideas there.

He actually suggested I start 4 new threads If I want to discuss past decisions that affect the team today.

So I started just one single thread to have that space to post and not have the thread topic sheriff show up with his condescending guns blazing at me.
          Pasted in some of my super wordy posts that he did not want infecting the other threads. And I deleted them from the other threads.

Nobody needs to participate in this thread if they are Not feeling it. And if you want to rant about past drafts or other decisions, feel free to do so.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

What’s Chargers specific is that he’s top 3 in the league in turnovers. Would be leading the league if it weren’t for penalties and fumbles recovered by OL
            Again not Charger specific. Any team that turns the ball over a lot loses a lot. Rivers is throwing too many interceptions and the team is losing. Its basic football and applies to all teams of all levels.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I started it because a TPB member asked me to. He was very concerned about integrity of thread topics.

I did not think he was serious at first, be he insisted and was adamant that I start a new thread and put my ideas there.

He actually suggested I start 4 new threads If I want to discuss past decisions that affect the team today.

So I started just one single thread to have that space to post and not have the thread topic sheriff show up with his condescending guns blazing at me.
              Pasted in some of my super wordy posts that he did not want infecting the other threads. And I deleted them from the other threads.

Nobody needs to participate in this thread if they are Not feeling it. And if you want to rant about past drafts or other decisions, feel free to do so.

And who was that? Who was questioning the integrity of thread topics.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Again not Charger specific. Any team that turns the ball over a lot loses a lot. Rivers is throwing too many interceptions and the team is losing. Its basic football and applies to all teams of all levels.
                What is Chargers specific, in my view...is 10 straight season of double digit interceptions and no AFC West title during those 10 years.

If it is so basic, why isn't the FO able to put the pieces in place that cut down on those game changing interceptions.

All the pieces have been changed or replaced over and over except QB during those 10 years.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                  A lot of cherry picked data. We get it Rivers throws too many interceptions when the team loses. That stat carry's over to all teams and is not Chargers specific.
                  If I added more data my posts would be even longer.
                  I dont cherry pick. Its analytics. If you can find data that refutes my takes, id like to see it. It would force me to rethink my conclusions.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

And who was that? Who was questioning the integrity of thread topics.
                    Not sure who he is.
                    I'll pm you.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Integrity of thread topics? And then you start this melee thread...let the moderators control the thread traffic. Start a new thread if it's original, or revising an old topic...

I think what I'm getting at is, not only is your thread not new, or original...it's so general, it really doesn't focus a discussion.

By the way, not even banging on your arguements...while not entirely in agreement, they were well thought out. But you don't get to start a new thread just to showcase them...same for me, same for everyone else here. Find a thread, and put them where they belong. If someone likes your ideas, they can quote you, or like your post. Just my opinion.
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Integrity of thread topics? And then you start this melee thread...let the moderators control the thread traffic. Start a new thread if it's original, or revising an old topic...

I think what I'm getting at is, not only is your thread not new, or original...it's so general, it really doesn't focus a discussion.

By the way, not even banging on your arguements...while not entirely in agreement, they were well thought out. But you don't get to start a new thread just to showcase them...same for me, same for everyone else here. Find a thread, and put them where they belong. If someone likes your ideas, they can quote you, or like your post. Just my opinion.
                        I get your point. It makes sense.

There are plenty of threads that separating things into O-line, Rivers, OC, HC, DC, Draft...Etc. and they do focus in on a specific topic for discussion.

After the thread sheriff started barking, I wanted to go a different direction and make a thread that was more all encompassing. As you call it a melee thread.

Many decisions impact more than one part of the team and impact more than just one game or one year. They can have long lasting effects and affect many areas of the team.

And if someone wants to post their ideas about the HC, the draft and free agents all in a single post. They dont have to jump around to 3 different threads. I posted a few of my rants to get this all encompassing thread started.

I think this is my 1st thread started in the general forum. I don't recall started any others.

Last edited by Critty; 11-29-2019, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                          ...I just don't see the Spanos' opening up their new stadium rental with any kind of QB rebuild strategy in mind.
                          I do. Rivers is already gone in their minds. And plans.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X