• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    On that final play, Rivers had Ekkie open (yellow), with just one defender to juke out for some nice YAC...but no--Phil forces the rock into coverage for a pick to end the game...awful decision-making. It this was Brady with a minute left on the clock, he is dinking with short passes to put his team into position for the FG...
    When that pass was thrown, Ekeler was at the 25 yard line, 15 yards from a first down with a defender in front of him. Hoping he can convert that into a first down is also not a real high probability. The play calling on the 6 plays before that last play were the real issue.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

True - in fact anyone would look bad with the OL we have right now.... the raiders aren't even known for a good pass rush.

Topcat - next time you want to start a new thread, take a deep breath and forget about it. You have really large panic button..
      This is the second,maybe third time after a loss he has started a thread with the same intent just a different title. It's either , bench Rivers, time to start Tyrod or it's firing someone.

Panic and drama threads is all it is. Usually these get deleted after being repeated over and over.

Comment

• El_Tee
        I’m No Noob
        • Sep 2019
        • Disney World, FL
        • Send PM

On that final play, Rivers had Ekkie open (yellow), with just one defender to juke out for some nice YAC...but no--Phil forces the rock into coverage for a pick to end the game...awful decision-making. It this was Brady with a minute left on the clock, he is dinking with short passes to put his team into position for the FG...

image.png
        It’s amazing, you can go to Twitter, pause the videos of the plays, and do a second by second frame and prove that Rivers didn’t see wide open guys all day. Or, you can pretend he can still be the guy he really has VERY rarely been for quite a while now.

This season is so horrific, and Rivers may end up with more picks than TDs. Here come the Chiefs.

Comment

• El_Tee
          I’m No Noob
          • Sep 2019
          • Disney World, FL
          • Send PM

If you’re defending Rivers, at least point out that he was trying to desperately draw flags downfield as opposed to moving the ball the real way. It’s all we got.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

The chances of Stick being a successful NFL quarterback are low but it's better to find that out now rather than later. Why waste our time with a known commodity that we know doesn't work and hasn't worked?

The point of all this is to win a Superbowl at some point in the future. Rivers is not that future so let's get started on working towards that, whatever or with whomever that may be.

In the infamous words of Ellis Boyd; let's "Get busy living or get busy dying". When it comes to a superbowl win, I choose the former, with Rivers your choosing the latter.
            Yep...the ONLY way Rivers can be effective is to have an O-line that has solid pass pro, AND for him not to melt down and make bad decisions in crunch time. And, as evidenced by his poor throws even with decent pass pro, I'm not so sure taking 1-2 more years to build a good O-line would even work. No, we need a QB who can scramble out of trouble, and who stays cool under pressure--and better to give both Tyrod and Stick reps with the starters to evaluate which of the two has more upside.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Yep...the ONLY way Rivers can be effective is to have an O-line that has solid pass pro, AND for him not to melt down and make bad decisions in crunch time. And, as evidenced by his poor throws even with decent pass pro, I'm not so sure taking 1-2 more years to build a good O-line would even work. No, we need a QB who can scramble out of trouble, and better to give both Tyrod and Stick reps with the starters to evaluate which of the two has more upside.
              You guys are nuts if you think Taylor is an upgrade over a struggling Rivers. He does not throw many interceptions, but he also makes very few big plays and is sacked at a much higher rate than Rivers is. Instead of losing 26-24, we'd lose 16 to 3. Be careful what you ask for. There is a reason Taylor is on his 4th team as a backup and could not find a starting job in a league with some bad QBs.

Comment

• RollingThunder
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Yep...the ONLY way Rivers can be effective is to have an O-line that has solid pass pro, AND for him not to melt down and make bad decisions in crunch time. And, as evidenced by his poor throws even with decent pass pro, I'm not so sure taking 1-2 more years to build a good O-line would even work. No, we need a QB who can scramble out of trouble, and better to give both Tyrod and Stick reps with the starters to evaluate which of the two has more upside.

Tyrod Taylor is not a good QB and is not a better option than Rivers nor will he ever be.

I'd rather throw Stick out there to see if he has what it takes or atleast see the if there's some ability there that he can improve upon. If he fails, we'll know he's not the guy but at the same time we'll improve our draft position so it's a win win.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Tyrod Taylor is not a good QB and is not a better option than Rivers nor will he ever be. I'd rather throw Stick out there to see if he has what it takes or atleast see the if there's some ability there that he can improve upon. If he fails, we'll know he's not the guy but at the same time we'll improve our draft position so it's a win win.
                  Okay, let's do it...START STICK!

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
                    I could see Lynn actually starting Tyrod at some point this season. Just a gut feeling.
                    I can see it ... but that would obviously mean they aren't going to resign him and that they will part ways permanently. Seems like an overreaction given the circumstances.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post
                      QUESTION:

Rivers did not do a post-game press conference after the Raiders loss ... does that mean Lynn has him on notice that he may no longer be one of the faces of the franchise, i.e., benched?

Am I reading to much into this ... ?
                      Anyone care to speculate ?

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Okay, here's another one. Earlier in the game, Rivers had KA (yellow) wide open in the flats for some nice YAC...but no--he forces to rock into coverage for a pick-6. Instead of settling for a nice single, Rivers keeps playing "hero ball" and going for the home run...even if HH doesn't fall down, that's still pretty tight coverage by Harris--and the play would have probably been broken up or a possible pick anyway. The main point is, Rivers has a bad habit of forcing the rock into coverage, when he has an open man short...

image.png
                        Last edited by Topcat; 11-08-2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He is a LONG way from being NFL ready. If people are unhappy with Rivers picks, they'd go ballistic over Sticks.
                          I saw flashes. I honestly can see him as our QB in the future. I can't believe how much judgement was passed after 4 preseason games. With his college career and who he surpassed is enough for me to give him opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                          X