• Send PM

Boss Ross years.
    One AFC Championship.
    11-5
    8-8
    11-5
    9-7
    8-8
    Resigns because he didn't see eye to eye with the FO.

Gilbride/Jones/Riley Years.
    4-12
    5-11
    8-8
    1-15
    5-11
    Fired because of Win Loss record.

Shotty Years
    8-8
    4-12
    12-4
    9-7
    14-2
    Fired because did not see eye to eye with FO.

Turner Years
    11-5
    8-8
    13-3
    9-7
    8-8
    7-9
    Fired because of Last 2 seasons Win Loss record and a little bit of not seeing eye to eye with FO.

McCoy years.
    9-7
    9-7
    4-12
    5-11
    Fired because of Win Loss record.

Lynn years.
    9-7
    12-4
    4-7

What I see is the stronger personality and more stubborn or hard headed the HC, the more successful they have been, but also more likely to butt heads with the FO. The weaker personalities, don't piss off the FO, but they lose more games.

Lynn is more like Ross or Marty.

McCoy was more like Riley.

Turner was mix.
    Stubborn but not as likely to butt heads with FO. But at the end of his time here, he made it clear he and the FO were no longer on the same page.

Funny how all their best coaches end up having issues with the FO. Will it repeat again with Lynn. Probably. He is a good football HC. I like that he took the team to Colorado Springs to practice at altitude to prepare for a game. I like his intensity and personality. He is like a Parcells or Ross type of old school, no excuses, protect the rock, be physical and execute better than your opponent. Wear them down and beat them up. I think he is already a good HC and will get better and better.

But at some point if Lynn has beef with the FO and he resigns or is released, will you actually be surprised to see it? I'll answer it for you. No. No you won't.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

LT answered the question a couple times about what he thought about certain decisions.

He said he believed they would have won it in 2006 if Brees was QB. He said Philip had not played enough (experienced) to get it done. He said it should have been Drews team and a lot of his teammates felt the same way. He said Drew was never going to relinquish the job.

He was asked you would of won a Superbowl if.... And he said if the Chargers had kept Marty. He felt they were primed and ready to go. All they had to do was keep the team together.

He believe that Brees, Marty and himself would have got it done if the FO kept them together. Well...the GM John Butler may have...but he passed away. AJ did things a little differently.

This is the 2006 league MVP saying that is how he felt. A leader in the lockerroom. He also said Rivers seems distracted sometimes. And that its hard to be the guy who leads the team. And in Norv 1st year in the 2007 season when the team started 1-3. LT rallied the team with a players meeting. Basically saying Marty ain't coming back and were too good to be 1-3. Lets go! It wasn't the QB Rivers leading a team meeting, it was LT. Chargers haven't won the AFC West at all since LT left. Maybe LT was right

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

I think it is all connected, the past present and future.
        We aren't in this current situation but for past decisions, past decison that in my mind are important to try and understand what did not work, what did work, what could have been done differently and how it can be used now and in the future to adjust the football team into a champion. Sure, i have no say in the construction of the team, none of us fans do. Never will. But as fanatics we can post opinions about past decisions and drafts, current decisions and roster, and future decisions, roster and draft.

I do bring up the past performances in an attempt to show a pattern of what I think worked and what did not.
        Let me take you back to a flashback of the only 2 seasons Rivers had single digit interceptions. The one under Marty and the one under Norv.
        14-2 Rivers throws 9ints.
        13-3 Rivers throws 9ints.
        Interesting to me when Rivers & team finds a way to keep those interceptions down they win more. Marty was a stickler for protecting the rock. One play at a time. There are reasons for that lower interception total, better roster those years. But bottom line for me is when Rivers is in single digit interception, the record is better and they won the AFC West. Would Marty have reigned in those interceptions? Would Brees have performed better with those same rosters?
        Its been 10 years since the last AFC West title.

The o-line scapegoat response is always a fan favorite.

And a TLDR response to my rant works here too.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Stop with the excuses. The film and the stats say Rivers is not having a good year. And historically he turns it over a bit too much.

Chargers next gen stats of pass blocking win rate where they give QB 2.5 seconds or more is ranked 16th.

Packers are 1st. 68% of time.
          Ravens are 2nd.
          Raiders are 3rd.
          Bills are 4th.
          Chargers 16th. 58% of time.
          Cheifs are 19th.
          Vikings are 20th.
          Saints are 21st.
          Patriots are 23rd. 55% of time.
          49ers are 24th.
          Rams are 25th.
          Seahawks are 28th. 49% of time.
          Dolphins are 31st.
          Bengals are 32nd. 40% of time.

The Chargers rush game ranks 14th.

And again, historically.
          2008 PFF ranked Steelers pass blocking 5th worst. Ben won the Superbowl.
          2011 PFF ranked Giants the worst o line in all NFL.
          Eli won the Superbowl. (4 Wins, Zero Interceptions)

Stop with the excuses. Rivers just doesn't make enough winning plays. And he turns it over too much in key moments. Every great year Rivers had his turnovers were down, less than 1 per game avg. Every avg to poor season, Rivers is turning it over more than 1 per game.

We canNOT win the turnover battle if he give it away so much at the QB position.

In 2016 Philips career the Chargers defense tie for 4th with 28 takeaways. But the offense led by Rivers gave it all back 35 turnovers. 21 were interceptions.

Just stop with the excuses. Rivers is hurting his team and he gets in his own way of winning the AFC West.

Again. Chargers oline is 16th in pass block win rate this year.

When I watch the film, they have some bad snaps and some good snaps.
          Even the top notch Packers line will fail to give 2.5 seconds on 31% of snaps.

Wilson 51% of time is under pressure.
          Brady 45% of time is under pressure.
          Rivers 42% of time is under pressure.

nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

https://www.gowww.espn.com

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Critty...what is the problem and what is the fix?

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            10-27-2019

I dont know.
            Rivers not having any pre season action.
            Gordon holdout.
            Chemistry, turnovers, lack of speed on offense.
            Injuries to o-line.

I don't know about a fix. They need to get in a rythym.
            Rivers, Allen, Henry, Ekeler, Williams, Gordon.
            These are the guys.
            What has hurt then the most so far has been turnovers. They have to protect rock and get into a rythym. Rivers has to lead by example. The good thing about Philip is he will go into the next game vs Packers believing they can win. I think they can too.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

I have no idea what the thread title means?

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Not sure why this is locked. I opened it back up. My guess is that the CAPS add on did a sweep and locked it. Dont start threads with all caps. Thanks.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Not sure why this is locked. I opened it back up. My guess is that the CAPS add on did a sweep and locked it. Dont start threads with all caps. Thanks.
                  I closed it, but will abide by your decision. The thread seems to be random posts about what the franchise has done historically, but have no flow or reason to post a response to it. Also, the OP invites to post essentially about anything, meaning the thread means nothing...hope you get what I mean.

Comment

• boldarblood
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

a lot of this post feels like another anti rivers post.

but you definitely put substance in it. respect.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Looks to me like somebody wanted everyone to listen to his rant...so he started a "Hey everybody...look at me!!!" thread....

Everything in here could have been posted in another thread(s).
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

A lot of cherry picked data. We get it Rivers throws too many interceptions when the team loses. That stat carry's over to all teams and is not Chargers specific.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                          A lot of cherry picked data. We get it Rivers throws too many interceptions when the team loses. That stat carry's over to all teams and is not Chargers specific.
                          What’s Chargers specific is that he’s top 3 in the league in turnovers. Would be leading the league if it weren’t for penalties and fumbles recovered by OL

Comment

Working...
                          X