Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

I just look at that file attached with the record

he is in the bottom of the league with well over 100 games. The sample size is not small.

he is not good at his job.

John Boy and the Spanii probably do not help one damn bit - granted. And the Spanii are fine with mediocrity as they are making bank. I will still root for the team but also criticize the hell out of them as I think, they have earned it.
    Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 11-30-2021, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

How many coaches do we need under TT to point the finger at one or the other? Berman always said one is coincidence, two is a trend, three is evidence. I think we have enough evidence now.

Only thing that concerns me is a new GM with the last name of Spanos.
      So you are in favor of firing Staley and TT and starting over completely?

The Spanos clan has already said that they aren't going to name a Spanos as the GM. The idea has always to have John Spanos replacing Dean as the "owner" and AG running the business side. The problem, at least from some reports of players is not that they are GM, but that they don't let the GM and coaches run things. It is really easy for owners to undermine coaches and front office guys

I am specifically thinking of the Danny Woodhead/Slauson podcast where they pointed out that an OL (probably Franklin) was left in the lineup, even though he was not effective at all because the owners wouldn't let the coaches pull the big money FA signing (that is a separate issue). If you are undermining the coach, it's hard to think they are the ones who are accountable, it's the owners that are the problem (that and pissing money away on FA signings).

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

So you are in favor of firing Staley and TT and starting over completely?

The Spanos clan has already said that they aren't going to name a Spanos as the GM. The idea has always to have John Spanos replacing Dean as the "owner" and AG running the business side. The problem, at least from some reports of players is not that they are GM, but that they don't let the GM and coaches run things. It is really easy for owners to undermine coaches and front office guys

I am specifically thinking of the Danny Woodhead/Slauson podcast where they pointed out that an OL (probably Franklin) was left in the lineup, even though he was not effective at all because the owners wouldn't let the coaches pull the big money FA signing (that is a separate issue). If you are undermining the coach, it's hard to think they are the ones who are accountable, it's the owners that are the problem (that and pissing money away on FA signings).
        I would just fire TT and tell the new GM - Staley is our coach for at least three more years - if you don't like it - -don't take the job.

This idea that a GM needs to hire his person is BS.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would just fire TT and tell the new GM - Staley is our coach for at least three more years - if you don't like it - -don't take the job.

This idea that a GM needs to hire his person is BS.
          I'd move on from Brandon if the new GM Hortiz insisted, but he may very well think he is a bright young coach that he can win with. And I've seen the Ravens personnel director Hortiz discuss football and drafts and he seems like his personality would fit very well with Brandon Staley. And Brandon seems like he would be very excited to work with a guy that spent so much time with Ozzie Newsome.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'd move on from Brandon if the new GM Hortiz insisted, but he may very well think he is a bright young coach that he can win with. And I've seen the Ravens personnel director Hortiz discuss football and drafts and he seems like his personality would fit very well with Brandon Staley. And Brandon seems like he would be very excited to work with a guy that spent so much time with Ozzie Newsome.
            Well last year when we were coach and gM "roster-bating" - -the Ravens duo of Hortiz and Wink were a good combo

Granted, the Spannii will not fire Telesco unless they finish like 6-11 or something

I think any good GM would recognize the talents of Staley and understand what he is working with. Hence, Telesco is not a good GM

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

John Boy and the Spanii probably do not help one damn bit - granted. And the Spanii are fine with mediocrity as they are making bank. I will still root for the team but also criticize the hell out of them as I think, they have earned it.
              When a team wins a championship or close to it, do the owners pay the players and other people in the organization more?

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Chargers found one pro bowl line of scrimmage player in last 9 years with Telesco while the Ravens found 5 times the amount.

The Ravens front office is just way better. It's not even close. They have won 2 Superbowl with 2 different coaches under one of the best Ozzie as GM. And when he stepped down, they promoted from within, Eric Decosta in 2019 and he already has won 'executive of the year'. He is 33-10 as the GM and currently best record in AFC.

The Chargers should hire the Ravens director of personnel and scouting Joe Hortiz to be the GM next year if they want to find a way to improve the roster construction so they can consistently be a winning team year after year. Based on the resumes, I think Joe would know better than Tom about special teams construction and finding good line of scrimmage players.
                You’re giving the Ravens credit for guys that didn’t do anything on the Ravens but developed later.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You’re giving the Ravens credit for guys that didn’t do anything on the Ravens but developed later.
                  Roster construction is more than the draft

I do look at Telesco's draft - as that is his primary method of roster building
                  The Ravens have made more trades than Telesco

Telesco is draft, the UDFA and free agency

End of the day, its the record that should get Telesco fired. He has been GM of 143 games (including 2-2 in playoffs) and he is well under .500 with ZERO division titles.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yes, I am giving them points for talent assessment and selection even when it happened somewhere else.

How many of Telesco picks developed somewhere else?!
                    Zero from count. That no points on the resume. To think not a single pick was a 2nd opportunity guy that finally did things in years 4-7. Not everyone is going to shine and find a role and sometimes injury plays a factor in that.

im look bigger picture and the resume is not kind to Telesco in key phases of team building line the line of scrimmage players and special team players. Either that or he just sucks at coaching selections who then suck at development of his players But since none develop post Charger, they probably were never that good to begin with. It's a telling sign in 9 seasons none of his talent assessments have bloomed later.

Telesco has allowed some talent that already showed what it can do to walked like Hunter Henry who showed himself to be a top 10 caliber TE with great hands that can move all over the field and do many things for a team. Belichick said thank you very much, makes my job easier to just upgrade my TE spot with plug and play pro who can do his job well at all those things I need done.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Yes, I am giving them points for talent assessment and selection even when it happened somewhere else.

Zero from count. That no points on the resume. To think not a single pick was a 2nd opportunity guy that finally did things in years 4-7. Not everyone is going to shine and find a role and sometimes injury plays a factor in that.

im look bigger picture and the resume is not kind to Telesco in key phases of team building line the line of scrimmage players and special team players. Either that or he just sucks at coaching selections who then suck at development of his players But since none develop post Charger, they probably were never that good to begin with. It's a telling sign in 9 seasons none of his talent assessments have bloomed later.

Telesco has allowed some talent that already showed what it can do to walked like Hunter Henry who showed himself to be a top 10 caliber TE with great hands that can move all over the field and do many things for a team. Belichick said thank you very much, makes my job easier to just upgrade my TE spot with plug and play pro who can do his job well at all those things I need done.
                      and from a cap perspective - the Chargers could have afforded Hunter Henry. If they could afford to pay Mike Williams 15.7m plus Jared Cook $4 - they could have worked the cap numbers.

But I was probably okay letting Henry walk. But my two biggest concerns were OLine and Special Teams and like clockwork....

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Also from all accounts HH was a great person off the field and a great locker room guy, so its not like he could use the excuse of being a team cancer. That was a terrible move from TT. I as wel have had it with him.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

I don’t want to advocate for Telesco because I agree that he has been a big part of the problem and his real downfall has been not finding guys who can contribute anywhere on the field in the later rounds. Letting Adrian Phillips walk may have been a bigger loss than HUnter. Both were bad moves. He has utterly failed at OL until Slater dropped in his lap.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍