Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts318 View Post
    As the well traveled defensive lineman Michael Bennet said on "Undisputed" a few years back-"Only about 7 or 8 teams are really interested in winning a Super Bowl, all the rest are in it for the money." Which group is Spanos in? Somewhere in the mix is money. It may just cost Spanos too much $$ to fire and rehire.
    And to pay the players more if the team won more games and even go far in the playoffs.

Michael Bennet is right, even though I didn't like him. Around 7 or 8 teams actually care about winning or going to the Super Bowl. The league is fixed, and so are other sports. More ways than one I'll add.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

And to pay the players more if the team won more games and even go far in the playoffs.

Michael Bennet is right, even though I didn't like him. Around 7 or 8 teams actually care about winning or going to the Super Bowl. The league is fixed, and so are other sports. More ways than one I'll add.
      One thing, you see how the Rams and Saints work the cap compared to say the Bengals and Chargers. Everybody has the same "cap number" but how teams move the dollars - its very different. I used to think it would catch up to the Saints. But recently, I give them all the credit for trying (except for Tayson Hill - that contract is stupid to me) - But have to appreciate the willingness to push the envelope and win

And this has nothing to do with Telesco - this is all about the Spanii

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

As the well traveled defensive lineman Michael Bennet said on "Undisputed" a few years back-"Only about 7 or 8 teams are really interested in winning a Super Bowl, all the rest are in it for the money." Which group is Spanos in? Somewhere in the mix is money. It may just cost Spanos too much $$ to fire and rehire.
        Maybe its better (& highly probable) that the Spanos are in the not really interested group.
        Imagine that they are one of the few really interested; they still have only have made one Super Bowl in almost 40 years.
        Indifferent or just plain incompetent: pick your poison.
        :toyou:

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Maybe its better (& highly probable) that the Spanos are in the not really interested group.
          Imagine that they are one of the few really interested; they still have only have made one Super Bowl in almost 40 years.
          Indifferent or just plain incompetent: pick your poison.
          :toyou:
          Or wouldnt stand the pressure to stay on the top.... some people just love not being on the spotlight....

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

As the well-traveled defensive lineman Michael Bennet said on "Undisputed" a few years back-"Only about 7 or 8 teams are really interested in winning a Super Bowl, all the rest are in it for the money." Which group is Spanos in? Somewhere in the mix is money. It may just cost Spanos too much $$ to fire and rehire.
            I think a lot of the remaining teams, and I would probably put the Chargers in with them, probably THINK they are trying to win a SB. I think 7 or 8 teams really know what it takes and do the sort of critical self-analysis to really try and win a SB. Everyone else, whether they realize it or not is going through the motions, even if they THINK they are trying.

I think the Chargers really do honestly THINK they are trying to win a SB, which is so sad. But we have had the last 2 new coaches, come in and light the league on fire and look like the real deal. Then they faded. We know the Spanoses deliberately cut off McCoy at the knees. Slausson went to talk to McCoy and told him that the big money FA OL was not the best guy and had to sit, and McCoy told him he HAD to play him. At that point, they should have fired McCoy because he was no longer effective as a HC. An owner cannot cut the HC off at the knees and expect his team to function. Lynn seemed to be tracking the same way, and then the same thing happened. Will it happen to Staley????

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I think a lot of the remaining teams, and I would probably put the Chargers in with them, probably THINK they are trying to win a SB. I think 7 or 8 teams really know what it takes and do the sort of critical self-analysis to really try and win a SB. Everyone else, whether they realize it or not is going through the motions, even if they THINK they are trying.

I think the Chargers really do honestly THINK they are trying to win a SB, which is so sad. But we have had the last 2 new coaches, come in and light the league on fire and look like the real deal. Then they faded. We know the Spanoses deliberately cut off McCoy at the knees. Slausson went to talk to McCoy and told him that the big money FA OL was not the best guy and had to sit, and McCoy told him he HAD to play him. At that point, they should have fired McCoy because he was no longer effective as a HC. An owner cannot cut the HC off at the knees and expect his team to function. Lynn seemed to be tracking the same way, and then the same thing happened. Will it happen to Staley????
              Agree with you about the Spanos wanting to win it all, but not going the extra measure to give yourself a shot:
              they have a procedure on how to run the organization which might never vary...stay tuned.

McCoy was also probably forced to fire Reich, and quite possibly had no input in who would eventually be the D-coordinator (Pags).

I think they've learned from that and have given Staley more independance.

Will they stick with it?

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

I think the Spanos clan may give a lot of independence to coaches at first, but then slip back into the micromanaging ways. Again, the Slauson story is a good example of the Spanos clan cutting off the HC and destroying his credibility in a locker room. McCoy was big on the idea of making everyone compete, but then you prevent him from doing what he claims to profess. And players see right through that kind of crap.

At some point, serious players who want to do what is necessary to win championships will gravitate to those teams that are doing what it takes. A team will look foolish along the way sometimes, but that is what it takes to get everyone on the same page.

Denver used to have a great setup. They brought in FA and while they paid them a lot, they got a lot out of them. They got a lot out of their draft picks and UDFA too. But ultimately, it was all about everyone knowing that while they had some leeway to make some mistakes, you had to produce in the end. If not, you were gone. Even high-priced FA dislike getting traded for nothing or cut.

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

After seeing Joe Brady just get fired and the train-wreck that is Urban Meyer, I think it's fair to give some credit to TT for bringing in Staley & Co. Don't know if that makes up for the gaffes on the offensive and defensive lines, but a good coaching staff is the backbone of any team, and I think we have that now.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                    After seeing Joe Brady just get fired and the train-wreck that is Urban Meyer, I think it's fair to give some credit to TT for bringing in Staley & Co. Don't know if that makes up for the gaffes on the offensive and defensive lines, but a good coaching staff is the backbone of any team, and I think we have that now.
                    Agreed. I've been thinking about this today in light of reports coming out of Jax. Urban Meyer is nearly 20 years older than Staley, but he seems to be very immature, while Staley comes off as the seasoned veteran coach who knows how to manage players and staff. But even beyond hiring Staley, I do think TT deserves credit for creating a stable, drama-free team environment. I think creating such an atmosphere is a point of emphasis for him, and that is why he is loathe to sign veteran players with a diva history (Beckham). I think that is why he sent Desmond King packing as soon as he could. I also think this is the reason Tyron Johnson was waived as well.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

This game against the Texans is why Tom Telesco should be fired. He just will not be a good enough team with the depth

Kenneth Murray doesn't have a position in the NFL to play

Tillery is Tillery

I get the injuries or COVID but no excuses. Those guys alone are not playing like 1st rounders

Comment

• BigBad
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Kenneth Murray is definite garbage

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Disappointed that I can't find that map graphic showing the divisional winners since 2010 as little flags over Denver and KC with nothing over us and da Raiduhs.

Should be on display on every page of every topic about Telesco.

Comment

Working...
                          X