• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Watch any NFL game this entire year and you'll see that every single team does this.
    Yeah but none of them have Herbie? Or none of them are Lombo? Or something … I’ll be tuned in for the reason its unique with us.

I will say some teams appear based on anecdotal observation, to get more YAC. Not scientific and i could be wrong.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

From NFL.com...

Wilson's contract makes moving on from the 34-year-old in 2023 prohibitive (even cutting Wilson post-June 1 would carry a $39 million dead cap hit), so the Broncos' best hope is finding a coach who can help the QB return to form.
      Let's see if there's a string of coaches lining up to get Russell Wilson corrected.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

From Yardbarker

Josh McDaniels didn't rule out benching Derek Carr in his Monday news conference, which signals that Carr's days in Las Vegas are numbered.
        Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr (4)Vincent Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review-Journal recently reported Carr's departure is "inevitable."

The Raiders have a three-day window after the season to release Carr and incur a small $5.6 million cap hit, per Spotrac. Carr, a three-time Pro Bowler, has played erratically amid speculation about his future in Las Vegas.

In 15 starts, he's tied for eighth in passing touchdowns (24) but leads the league in interceptions (14).

He's thrown nine picks over his past five games, including three during a frigid 13-10 loss against Pittsburgh that put the Raiders' playoff chances on thin ice.
        Carr's "departure in inevitable", according to a local beat writer for the Vegas Review Journal.

Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 12-27-2022, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Sean already named fangio his DC, he’s not going to denver unless he gets a different DC…
          It may be me but it seems a bit douchy to assemble a staff before you’ve even been asked to interview. Just me again but I’d stay away from the primadonna.

Fortunately Staley overcame the greatest challenges ever faced by a football coach to singularly lift the entire team on his massive hulking shoulders and carry them to the playoffs. He is not going anywhere and we don’t need two HCs

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

From Yardbarker

Carr is "departure in inevitable", according to a local beat writer for the Vegas Review Journal.

Schadenfreude.jpg

Have all articles on Derek Carr's demise bathed and then brought before me. I do enjoy them so....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

IF, the Chargers don't listen to Sean Payton after this season concludes, they are nuts. Now, that said, I'm willing to live in the moment of being in an actual playoff race and forego any chatter of the coming off-season, because this is enough fun....Taking it game by game, week by week, is highly satisfying right now.

Dak Prescott will struggle in the playoffs, as did Tony Romo. Dak just has no sense of urgency. Look at their combined playoff wins....horrifying.
              Sorry, you’re too late. We’re not in a playoff race anymore. Some of us enjoyed the playoff race while it was still going. We would have invited everyone but we were worried it’d cause too much nervous anxiety for some on TPB.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I wish someone would present this capital that landing Payton would require from the Saints in compensation. I asked, specifically, this exact question 'what would it cost' before and got NO ANSWERS.

Whatever it is, to land Sean Payton when he (reportedly) has focused on Arizona and LA Chargers as franchises he is interested in, I would gladly pay whatever this mysterious sum is. 1,000 times over.
                I don’t know what the Saints are going to ask. We’re obviously entering hypothetical category here. But they’re obviously not just going to give up the best HC they ever had for nothing. What if the Saints wanted the equivalent to what the Raiders asked for in the Gruden trade and Payton also wanted the highest contract for a HC? Do you still want to do it? Do you think the Spanos will?

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Sorry, you’re too late. We’re not in a playoff race anymore. Some of us enjoyed the playoff race while it was still going. We would have invited everyone but we were worried it’d cause too much nervous anxiety for some on TPB.
                  Wrong, kind sir, but our playoff position could still improve (as if three teams tie with 11 wins, the Chargers get the 5th seed) although the Chargers can no longer fall out of contention. This is fun and I see nothing but upside everywhere.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t know what the Saints are going to ask. We’re obviously entering hypothetical category here. But they’re obviously not just going to give up the best HC they ever had for nothing. What if the Saints wanted the equivalent to what the Raiders asked for in the Gruden trade and Payton also wanted the highest contract for a HC? Do you still want to do it? Do you think the Spanos will?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/...t1k73pnzge6wnn
                    Yes, sir. I'll pay any price and I posted the history or what was paid for Bill Parcells for reference as well. Coach Payton has (reportedly) lined up Vic Fangio as his DC. The Chargers CAN afford his salary and can also afford the picks to the Saints organization to acquire Payton's rights.

Imagine Sean Payton having Justin Herbert and Vic Fangio having the defense. Dare to dream, right?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

I'm just saying Staley has noticeably changed the defense, and it doesn't appear to be revolving around Derwin anymore. Who coincidentally had some inexplicable mental lapses last night.
                      I don't think the defense ever revolved around Derwin. He is just a playmaker who can used in multiple spots, but he is just 1 of 11.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

Agreed. From what I understand, Staley ran a fairly complicated scheme most of the season, in part to move Derwin around and utilize his many talents. In the offseason he talked about giving Derwin weapons to work with like you would give to a QB. When Derwin went out, Staley simplified things for guys like Tranquill, Murray, Van Noy, etc. and they responded with their best stretches of the season. That doesn't detract from Derwin as a player at all. I'm interested to see how Staley reacts to having Derwin and Bosa back down the stretch. With Bosa in the fold, maybe we ask Derwin to rush the passer less and let him play a little more of a traditional safety role with these supporting guys excelling in their roles.
                        It must have entered Staley's head that he, personally, is better off without Derwin, and running this style of defense.
                        His reputation as a defensive coordinator was circling down the toilet drain a few weeks ago.

Having to placate Derwin, and gain the locker room might no longer be a necessary choice.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It must have entered Staley's head that he, personally, is better off without Derwin, and running this style of defense.
                          His reputation as a defensive coordinator was circling down the toilet drain a few weeks ago.

Having to placate Derwin, and gain the locker room might no longer be a necessary choice.

This take is along the lines of the "Staley has lost the locker room" crowd

Comment

Working...
                          X