Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Broncos interviewing Matt Patricia for DC
    Interesting. Was Vance Joseph just their Rooney rule?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Interesting. Was Vance Joseph just their Rooney rule?
      I think so but he also got the job today

Wilhoite is their new LB coach

Lombardi is an offensive assistant

both worked for Payton in NOLA

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Saints staff back together.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I don't really understand what you're saying or skeptical of.
          I've been consistent with my opinion of Brown as a candidate.
          Great fit there, not so much here.
          Pretty straightforward.
          I don’t get why hiring a guy with no pass game or QB expertise as OC is a great fit. You posted that you don’t think he is a good QB developer nor does he have any notable expertise in the passing game (peraphrase). Yet you say he is a great hire as OC for them.

Your rationale I think was that its because Reich is HC and Reich is a QB whisperer extraordinaire. I agree Reich has been above avg when he was a QB coach or OC. But thats not his job anymore. Why is it a great fit to hire an OC that has no passing game expertise and can’t develop QBs when the league has become dominated by teams expert at the passing offense?

just odd a guy TPB thought was not good as OC here is a great OC elsewhere to me, i could be too narrow in thinking. TPB has been pretty vocal about what they think of the HC doing doing coordinator or position level coaching jobs at the same time as HC stuff. Maybe that theory only applies to the LAC HC​.

No offense. I think modern football requires an OC that is good at the passing game. If you see he is not, then my response follows from that. If I miunderstood, apologies.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Lombo got a job with them as well? So not the OC? I know Payton still calls the plays.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The Saints staff back together.
              Lets to a trade of LBs : Jewell and Singleton for Dru and Murray

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think Singleton is a FA. Good player, not the best pass defender but good player

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lombo got a job with them as well? So not the OC? I know Payton still calls the plays.
                  Lombo like Anthony Lynn is at his current level. Might take five more years of various experiences before he gets it and maybe never. Maybe an OC under a strong Head Coach like Andy Reid etc.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t get why hiring a guy with no pass game or QB expertise as OC is a great fit. You posted that you don’t think he is a good QB developer nor does he have any notable expertise in the passing game (peraphrase). Yet you say he is a great hire as OC for them.

Your rationale I think was that its because Reich is HC and Reich is a QB whisperer extraordinaire. I agree Reich has been above avg when he was a QB coach or OC. But thats not his job anymore. Why is it a great fit to hire an OC that has no passing game expertise and can’t develop QBs when the league has become dominated by teams expert at the passing offense?

just odd a guy TPB thought was not good as OC here is a great OC elsewhere to me, i could be too narrow in thinking. TPB has been pretty vocal about what they think of the HC doing doing coordinator or position level coaching jobs at the same time as HC stuff. Maybe that theory only applies to the LAC HC​.

No offense. I think modern football requires an OC that is good at the passing game. If you see he is not, then my response follows from that. If I miunderstood, apologies.
                    no offense taken, TPB's general thoughts aren't always reflective of mine, my personal take is that every coaching staff has to negotiate their own system of collaboration, just like any other work place.
                    Some HCs might be more hands on, some less and I imagine that has to do with many variables including areas of expertise.
                    I agree with you that every NFL OC should have some base knowledge in QBing/passing game
                    Brown was considered a serious OC candidate by many, so my assumption is that he was at least adequate in that department.
                    as someone pointed out, he has called plays before at the college level.
                    When the list of candidates for us began to evolve, my chief concern was making sure there was a "QB expert" in the building because it was apparent to me that, that wasn't Staley (playing history notwithstanding) we just fired our OC and QB coach who both are SUPPOSED to be our QB/passing game experts.
                    So I had immediate reservations about Brown who had no obvious experience on his resume, at least, compared to the other Rams guys (Robinson) who had less OC experience, but much more QB experience.
                    If I was a Panther's fan, i'd be hopeful that Brown can bring a dominant ground game, TEs/blocking and have Frank Reich be there to support Brown with the passing game; I can see that working.
                    I can't imagine Frank hiring Brown without having some understanding of what kind of support Brown would need from him.
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      I think Singleton is a FA. Good player, not the best pass defender but good player

TG
                      I saw a lot of Bronco games and maybe it was because their DLine was bad -- but he just seemed to make a lot of tackles for a very good defense.

If he is a FA - Broncos probably want him back but the Panthers with Evero or maybe even the Texans with Demeco Ryans might look at him

I have thought of Kenneth Murray to the Texans as a possible trade - not saying he is Warner or Greenlaw like Ryans had in SF but Murray does have the athleticism of those two -- if the Chargers were looking to move on from Murray and Ryans wanted an athletic LB for his scheme - -which might be different than Staleys

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Rams looking to trade Jalen Ramsey.

Rams have had trade talks regarding Jalen Ramsey; CB likely to be dealt in the coming weeks (nfl.com)

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

Without researching it I will guess Ramsey did not have a HOF caliber year and the Rams would be wise to get out of his contract.

Comment

Working...
                          X