• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
    I don’t have a problem with Campbell getting emotional and at least he gives a shit and is not making excuses or throwing guys under the bus. Anybody that has ever coached anything knows the losses hurt WAY more than the highs you experience when winning just the way it is. As for Gruden I thought his presser was way more cringe and once again a inflated ago takes a man down as it should. Humility is in very short supply these days and I feel no empathy for Jon Gruden and am not surprised one bit by this. Fuck him, fuck Mark Davis and fuck that organization for what they did to a lot of good people in the East Bay let them burn.
    What did they do to a lot of good people in the East Bay region?

As for Campbell I think he was an embarrassment. It was game five of a long season for crying out loud ...pun intended.

As for Gruden... One has to read in sub-contexts to make it racial. It may well been intended that way, however it may not have been. Making inferences on a 10-year-old email is a slippery slope. Had it been overt my opinion would be different. Is it a bad look? YES.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

What did they do to a lot of good people in the East Bay region?
      Well for starters they moved the team twice and property owners here are still paying for Mount Davis aside from the all the community level impacts. Guess you have to live here.

I don’t know what Gruden said, did or wrote his reaction to the media was really bad IMO. Something rotten is going on in that organization and I’m pretty sure several executives resigned before the season out of nowhere.

If Campbell starts crying again next week well then yeah that might be kinda weird.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Well for starters they moved the team twice and property owners here are still paying for Mount Davis aside from the all the community level impacts. Guess you have to live here.

I don’t know what Gruden said, did or wrote his reaction to the media was really bad IMO. Something rotten is going on in that organization and I’m pretty sure several executives resigned before the season out of nowhere.

If Campbell starts crying again next week well then yeah that might be kinda weird.
        The executives resigned over embezzlement and accounting fraud that occurred in the construction of the stadium.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

The executives resigned over embezzlement and accounting fraud that occurred in the construction of the stadium.
          Ok and I’m willing to bet it goes deeper than that then it usually does.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

I loved that stadium before Mt. Davis. A's fans revile it. I went to A's games with high school friends during that amazing run when they won three straight world series. Also Bill Graham produced Day on the Green in Oakland-Alameda stadium in the early '70s, concerts with some of the biggest bands and musicians of the day. Legendary. I hated it when they enclosed the stadium to lure Al Davis back to Oakland. I wish they would remove it now that the Raiders are gone.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Nobody’s crying for anyone in the NFL, there’s an epidemic of injuries every year. But it’s just another reminder of how brutal and injurious this game is, and how bad an idea it was for the owners to push the players into a 17-game schedule just so their product would be worth a few bucks more. It’s only Week 5; the regular season has three months to go. Below, I list a team of players who are currently out, either on injured-reserve or out this week or who got hurt this weekend and will miss time. Look at the team. It’s a Pro Bowl team. I went 42 deep. I could have gone 53 deep in above-average players missing in action, easily.

The owners in the last round of negotiations initially pushed for an 18-game regular-season schedule and settled for 17. You can be sure 18 isn’t dead in their minds. If the players don’t want 18 to happen, they may have to strike to fend it off nine years from now. It is altogether laughable to hear owners talk about their immense regard for player safety and well-being while putting a system in place than has starters playing 6 percent more snaps this year than last. I hope someone shows owners this team. - Peter King/FMIA 10.11.2021
              OK, someone said it out-loud. 1) The 17 game season needs to be rescinded and Thursday Night Football reserved for Thanksgiving, ONLY. You cannot say you support player safety and support a 17-game season + Thursday Night Football. Both are the direct result of pure greed from the owners + the bloodless broadcasters.

The Week 5 All-Injured Team

OFFENSE
              QB:
              Russell Wilson (finger surgery), Seattle.
              RB: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring), Carolina; David Montgomery (knee), Chicago; J.K. Dobbins (knee), Baltimore.
              TE: Rob Gronkowski (ribs) Tampa Bay; George Kittle (calf), San Francisco.
              WR: Michael Thomas (ankle), New Orleans; Julio Jones (hamstring), Tennessee; Jarvis Landry (knee), Cleveland; D.J. Chark (ankle), Jacksonville
              T: David Bakhtiari (ACL), Green Bay; Terron Armstead (elbow), New Orleans; Trent Brown (calf), New England.
              G: Quenton Nelson (ankle), Indianapolis; Brandon Scherff (knee), WFT; Shaq Mason (abdomen), New England.
              C: Frank Ragnow (toe), Detroit.

DEFENSE
              DL:
              DeMarcus Lawrence (foot), Dallas; Brandon Graham (knee), Philadelphia; Carl Lawson (Achilles), Jets; Stephon Tuitt (knee), Pittsburgh; Marcus Davenport (pectoral), New Orleans; Akiem Hicks (groin), Chicago.
              LB: Shaq Thompson (neck), Carolina; Za’Darius Smith (back), Green Bay; Kenneth Murray (ankle), Chargers; Blake Martinez (knee), Giants; Bud Dupree (knee), Tennessee.
              S: Marcus Maye (ankle), Jets; Antoine Winfield Jr. (concussion), Tampa Bay; Lamarcus Joyner (triceps), Jets.
              CB: Jaire Alexander (shoulder), Green Bay; Marcus Peters (knee), Baltimore; Jason Verrett (knee), San Francisco; Jeff Okudah (Achilles), Detroit.

SPECIAL TEAMS
              P:
              Brett Kern (groin), Tennessee.
              K: Wil Lutz (core muscle), New Orleans.
              KR: Jalen Richard (foot), Las Vegas.
              ST: L.J. Fort (knee), Baltimore.
              LS: Zach Triner (finger), Tampa Bay.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Ok and I’m willing to bet it goes deeper than that then it usually does.
                Well yeah...they're likely going to prison.

The 4 people that left the team were the team president, the VP of Business development and strategy, the Chief financial officer, and the controller. Their major project they oversaw was the stadium construction.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Well yeah...they're likely going to prison.

The 4 people that left the team were the team president, the VP of Business development and strategy, the Chief financial officer, and the controller. Their major project they oversaw was the stadium construction.
                  That actually irritates me even more especially after the fake love fest they put on when they came back after LA. It was all bullshit. More will be revealed here I hope.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

OK, someone said it out-loud. 1) The 17 game season needs to be rescinded and Thursday Night Football reserved for Thanksgiving, ONLY. You cannot say you support player safety and support a 17-game season + Thursday Night Football. Both are the direct result of pure greed from the owners + the bloodless broadcasters.

I know its history but could they play the Thanksgiving games on Friday than - another day in between? Or does that infringe on college football too much/

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Why? You give up on strong arm qbs that can’t hit the broad side of a barn.

Our season will end because they can’t overcome Viz’s inabilities.
                      Not the same comparison. Steve mentioned it already but supply is low while demand is high.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I know its history but could they play the Thanksgiving games on Friday than - another day in between? Or does that infringe on college football too much/
                        Traditionally, that is the collegiate showcase on that Friday, the ONLY guaranteed four day weekend by the federal government, all year.

Why is the NFL trying to reform a brand that is perfect, aside from the actual officiating and their union? Refs + umps performance demands reform and accountability and transparency after this season.

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It was unusual to see an NFL coach cry, but at the same time I think we have to get past the taboo against men crying.
                          Dick Vermeil cried every other week.

As for me, I've been a Chargers fan for 42 years. After so many years without a ring, I just don't feel the pain anymore.

I'm not sure what I'll do when we win it all, but I'm starting to believe this is the team. Maybe I'll break down at that point.

Comment

Working...
                          X