POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21&500
    replied
    New rule:
    All of the non-believers are not allowed to celebrate Charger wins handed by Tua.

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...the perfect ending for TT is to give up TWO 1st rounders, and a second rounder to move up for Tua...oh, and don't forget the good old 4th rounder he throws in just for old time's sake...
    At this point I'd rather roll with Tyrod and let Winston have fun throwing picks in the new stadium.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Perfect ending for telescos career as a charger GM. Keep drafting injury prone players and ante up two first round picks for a high risk player with serious injury histories. These things do not get better with time.
    Yep...the perfect ending for TT is to give up TWO 1st rounders, and a second rounder to move up for Tua...oh, and don't forget the good old 4th rounder he throws in just for old time's sake...

Leave a comment:

• captaind
    replied
    Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    Would he start day 1? Would he be better than Tyrod from day 1?
    I'm just not convinced this guy moves the needle enough.
    Simmons or Okudah ( or Brown or Thomas or Wirfs for that matter) would be impact players from day 1.
    If we're paying that kind of money, he's starting. Unless he missed camp time for some reason.

Not gonna jinx it.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Budsman View Post
    If he is there at 6 you can and probably should pull the trigger. I’m still a proponent of taking a hard look at Cam Newton though. If you go in on Cam you can’t take a QB at 6, it’s counter intuitive. If you trade up for Tua you just have to be right. If Tua is a great player and plays for 10+ years at a high level then it’s worth it. If he fails and is oft injured then it sets us back. This whole thing is a gamble so you have to make your pick and roll the dice. The one thing you cannot do in my opinion is roll with Tyrod long term. Don’t draft a qb and don’t pick up Cam. That’s team suicide.
    So....we happen to be picking high this year, but we are gonna pass on the opportunity to secure a top ten talent as our future QB...and eat up a bunch of cap space that has taken years to get back,( with a bunch of our home grown stars due for resigning next year), to bring in older player who also is an injury risk....

Where is the silver lining?

Gonna say pass...

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Simmons or Okudah ( or Brown or Thomas or Wirfs for that matter) would be impact players from day 1.
    When picking a future franchise QB, that is not the right question...any rookie is gonna be hard pressed to outshine a savy, pretty decent vet like Tyrod right away...but by all accounts, his ceiling is way higher...you are drafting for the next 10-15 years.

If your worried about him being injury prone, that might be a legitimate concern...otherwise, passing on a talent like Tua because Tyrod might win a few more games this coming year...? :mcnugget::mcnugget::mcnugget:

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    I don’t think the team would care if starts right away.

Leave a comment:

• Budsman
    replied
    If he is there at 6 you can and probably should pull the trigger. I’m still a proponent of taking a hard look at Cam Newton though. If you go in on Cam you can’t take a QB at 6, it’s counter intuitive. If you trade up for Tua you just have to be right. If Tua is a great player and plays for 10+ years at a high level then it’s worth it. If he fails and is oft injured then it sets us back. This whole thing is a gamble so you have to make your pick and roll the dice. The one thing you cannot do in my opinion is roll with Tyrod long term. Don’t draft a qb and don’t pick up Cam. That’s team suicide.

Leave a comment:

• WindsorUK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Reports now that Tua able to start day one this season. Just saying.

Leave a comment:

• WindsorUK
    replied
    Still a big NO!
    Would cost WAY too much for an injury prone player who won't help us next year.
    Need impact players at 6. LOADS available, don't need to waste picks.

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I think if they like him, they try to trade up...it's what I would do, if I thought the guy was gonna be our francise QB, and really believe his injury woes were just bad luck...but hope like hell we don't have to.

Best case scenario to land Tua is if Miami goes after #1 to select Burrows...Bengals got a nice long look coaching Herbert to Senior bowl practice and game MVP(They never got a chance to properly dissect Burrows, face to face)...if they accept a trade from Miami, I think it is because they like Herbie, and know they can get him at 5. You just have to hope another team doesn't want to get into a bidding war with us...again....if they like Tua.
    Perfect ending for telescos career as a charger GM. Keep drafting injury prone players and ante up two first round picks for a high risk player with serious injury histories. These things do not get better with time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X