POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I mean if you put it that way then it’s obvious. But if we took your biased selling of the point as fact then we would be making an incorrect decision.

Newton has a proven upside that none of the quarterbacks has and newton also has a higher proven ceiling than any of these quarterbacks has.

if we were rebuilding and we didn’t just spend 30 million on 30+ year old vets than yeah I might agree. But this team obviously wants to win now and drafting a rookie no matter if it’s Payton flipping Manning, is going to cost at LEAST.a Lost year in growing pains.

This team is not positioned to wait for a rookie to play though their growing pains. ( multiple big contracts coming up, multiple 2-3 year contracts with veterans). This team was obviously built to compete now and Cam allows us to do that now, rookies don’t and TT to a point.

imho I like Cam and trading back into the first for Love. The Chargers not taking a qb at 6 would push more qbs down the board and he should be available in the Lamar Jackson range.

Biased how? I stated facts....and they didn't paint a very good picture. Your claim that they don't support your conclusion that we would be "making an incorrect decision" is bias on your part.

We are picking top ten, it is a chance to secure a top ten talent for QB in Tua, and Cam is an older player, injury risk as well, who will demand a good chunk of cap space that we will be needing soon to sign our own players. None of that is bias...it just is.

Now, if you think, under those circumstances, you get Cam anyways...cuz he might turn out to be awesome...ok. But I wasn't being biased...I was laying it out "as is"...and then stating my position, which is "no thanks!!"

Leave a comment:

• Budsman
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

So....we happen to be picking high this year, but we are gonna pass on the opportunity to secure a top ten talent as our future QB...and eat up a bunch of cap space that has taken years to get back,( with a bunch of our home grown stars due for resigning next year), to bring in older player who also is an injury risk....

Where is the silver lining?

Gonna say pass...
    I mean if you put it that way then it’s obvious. But if we took your biased selling of the point as fact then we would be making an incorrect decision.

Newton has a proven upside that none of the quarterbacks has and newton also has a higher proven ceiling than any of these quarterbacks has.

if we were rebuilding and we didn’t just spend 30 million on 30+ year old vets than yeah I might agree. But this team obviously wants to win now and drafting a rookie no matter if it’s Payton flipping Manning, is going to cost at LEAST.a Lost year in growing pains.

This team is not positioned to wait for a rookie to play though their growing pains. ( multiple big contracts coming up, multiple 2-3 year contracts with veterans). This team was obviously built to compete now and Cam allows us to do that now, rookies don’t and TT to a point.

imho I like Cam and trading back into the first for Love. The Chargers not taking a qb at 6 would push more qbs down the board and he should be available in the Lamar Jackson range.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Ya know, Simmons plus Hurts is pretty splashy.

Leave a comment:

• SuperCharged
    replied
    I'm getting more and more on the Simmons bandwagon. The old cliche Defenses win Championships.... He and DJ together. Good corners some good young D linemen. Bosa. Could make the season extremely fun to watch. Simmons if available or Wills Jr OT.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Thunder
    replied
    PLEASE, Chargers, don't trade up for Tua or anyone else!

We WILL get a game changer at #6 (hopefully Simmons, Young, or Okudah) if we stay put. Plus, we need to hang on to all of our picks, imo.
    Last edited by Blue Thunder; 04-04-2020, 09:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post
    First off, I am not proposing we sign Cam Newton. But, if signing Cam keeps us from reaching for a QB or gambling on a injury prone QB in this draft, I vote for Cam.

I would rather sign a talented oft injured QB than spend draft capital trading up for one or reaching for another at #6.

So, no. I do NOT think we should trade up for Tua.
    In French, CQFD.

Leave a comment:

• FarAwayBoltFan
    replied
    First off, I am not proposing we sign Cam Newton. But, if signing Cam keeps us from reaching for a QB or gambling on a injury prone QB in this draft, I vote for Cam.

I would rather sign a talented oft injured QB than spend draft capital trading up for one or reaching for another at #6.

So, no. I do NOT think we should trade up for Tua.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Are we permitted to celebrate his routine injured reserve designations?
    Yes. Deal.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    New rule:
    All of the non-believers are not allowed to celebrate Charger wins handed by Tua.
    Are we permitted to celebrate his routine injured reserve designations?

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    New rule:
    All of the non-believers are not allowed to celebrate Charger wins handed by Tua.
    Hey, If he's there at six and they don't trade up the pain will be minimal. If he plays good for 8 games and is down for 8 I can't see this as a long term benefit. He has skills it's just can he handle the rigors of the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Caslon
    replied
    Draft an OC, lol. The Lynn and OC show should be good until both are let go. Whatever QB the Chargers draft 1st will be either put into the fire or tutored by Tyrod Taylor. Fun ensues.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X