Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    He was the best QB in Week 9. Eagles media is all over it, complaining that players who face the Eagles tend to get named player of the week.

Also, Herbert's completion percentage is actually bit higher (86.4) if you take away the spike the play before the FG.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Herbert was a fan of the team since his childhood, right? I saw in an interview, forgot who it was with, that Justin was rooting for the team while he was with the Oregon Ducks. I think he knows what its gonna take to wash off the "same old Chargers" aura.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
        Herbert was a fan of the team since his childhood, right? I saw in an interview, forgot who it was with, that Justin was rooting for the team while he was with the Oregon Ducks. I think he knows what its gonna take to wash off the "same old Chargers" aura.
        Yup. Viz was a big fan too but couldn’t help wash it off.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Poor Viz. When Staley gave Hopkins the game ball, he said something like, this is what its like to have a real kicker. ouch!

True. But ouch!

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Poor Viz. When Staley gave Hopkins the game ball, he said something like, this is what its like to have a real kicker. ouch!

True. But ouch!

TG
            At least he’s still on the team. But yeah sucks. Hopefully he uses it as motivation to improve.

Comment

• SBbound
              Casual fanatic
              • Feb 2019
              • Merced/San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
              I think his grandfather was a friend of Dan Fouts, family friend kind of thing?? I can't find anything on it now but that's my recollection. Can anyone comment/elaborate?

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

He did just mention it again on Cowherd yesterday that he was big fan of the Chargers growing up
                migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• cmplxgal
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • New Jersey
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

I think his grandfather was a friend of Dan Fouts, family friend kind of thing?? I can't find anything on it now but that's my recollection. Can anyone comment/elaborate?
                    I don't remember reading that anywhere. I kind of keep up on the Oregon connection. I have a big family connection to Oregon. My mother was born and raised in Eugene. My uncle went Oregon in the late '30s and remained a lifelong Duck fan. All of my mom's family were Duck fans, and we have a family burial plot in Oregon. And, of course, Dan Fouts went to Oregon - that fact was a factor in my becoming a Chargers fan in the late '70s - I was a Fouts fan first. Fouts lives in Oregon and he was at Herbert's charity golf tournament in Eugene earlier this year. Justin was thrilled to have him there. But I had never read Fouts was a family friend.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Herbert is the FedEx Air Player of the Week again, the third time this season, more than any other QB. https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...he-week-eagles

Of course, there are still those who say he's not a star, and even those who say he's worse than Mitch Trubisky. :smoking:

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Who said that ?

Comment

• BT3241
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2020
                          • Send PM

Who could we possible have gotten that would of been better - no one - you can bet Miami wishes they could redo their pick. I like him and am behind him 100%

Comment

Working...
                          X