• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    It would have been a blowout if the D had played better.

They should get some credit for the last two weeks in that if not for the turnovers and timely stops, Herbert is not going to be in position to lead the comeback.

But, overall, Herbert and the O probably blows the Raiders and Falcons out if we aren't making coverage mistakes, unable to pressure the QB even when we blitz and just having horrible run fits. Get the Raiders off on a reasonable number of 3rd downs and Herbert gets a bunch more drives, and scores another couple of TD.
    Or we would just turtle up. Grandma Lynn just loves to ride the brake on his brand new unwanted Masserati.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Or we would just turtle up. Grandma Lynn just loves to ride the brake on his brand new unwanted Masserati.
      He is the only guy I can think of that would gladly trade in his Masserati for a 73 Pinto with explosive gas tank.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
        What?? Outside of a few calls, the Chargers kept the Raiders off balance . Fix the offensive line and I can pretty much assure you even better play calling. Can’t you see why he is limited in what he can call at times?
        All season long Lynn and Steichen have lost or put games in jeopardy by going early down run heavy. It has killed drives and caused momentum to shift in game after game this season. This includes games against KC, TB, NO, DEN, MIA and LV tonight. All three drives that were halted and resulted in FG attempts tonight came after running plays were called on first and second down.

Look for that same sequence against DEN in our last three drives. Look for that same sequence when momentum shifted against NO or when momentum was consolidated by TB early in the second half after we failed to kneel on the ball at our own 6 yard line at the end of the first half.

The answer is simple. Let Herbert throw the ball on first down, second down or both first and second down.

But our coaching staff simply cannot see it.

Lynn and Steichen have been the best defense against Herbert all season long, putting him behind the chains in drive after drive by going early down run heavy. It is asinine.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Maybe this was posted earlier (I just clicked on the last page), but did you guys see the breakdown Dan Orlovsky posted on twitter last night?

Good Stuff.

"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

All season long Lynn and Steichen have lost or put games in jeopardy by going early down run heavy. It has killed drives and caused momentum to shift in game after game this season. This includes games against KC, TB, NO, DEN, MIA and LV tonight. All three drives that were halted and resulted in FG attempts tonight came after running plays were called on first and second down.

Look for that same sequence against DEN in our last three drives. Look for that same sequence when momentum shifted against NO or when momentum was consolidated by TB early in the second half after we failed to kneel on the ball at our own 6 yard line at the end of the first half.

The answer is simple. Let Herbert throw the ball on first down, second down or both first and second down.

But our coaching staff simply cannot see it.

Lynn and Steichen have been the best defense against Herbert all season long, putting him behind the chains in drive after drive by going early down run heavy. It is asinine.
            It is either they are afraid of winning
            or
            Lynn wants so hard to be a running team that he refuses to realize the best way for his team to win is pass the ball

Sure, everybody wants to be able to get 4 yards on first down to make down and distance favorable - but that is not happening. He needs to adapt and he hasn't.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Another impressive thing about Herbert...after a tough outing in Buffalo, followed by the absolute shellacking by the Patriots' defense...Herbert came back and has had back to back impressive outings four days apart, engineering game-winning drives to win consecutive games for the first time. You might expect a rookie QB to have his confidence crushed after a couple of bad games that included a 45-0 shellacking. After the Pats game I thought the league might have caught up to Herbert. But nope, he is unfazed and bounces right back to being a phenom. Just another indication of how rare of a talent, and person, he is.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Another impressive thing about Herbert...after a tough outing in Buffalo, followed by the absolute shellacking by the Patriots' defense...Herbert came back and has had back to back impressive outings four days apart, engineering game-winning drives to win consecutive games for the first time. You might expect a rookie QB to have his confidence crushed after a couple of bad games that included a 45-0 shellacking. After the Pats game I thought the league might have caught up to Herbert. But nope, he is unfazed and bounces right back to being a phenom. Just another indication of how rare of a talent, and person, he is.
                Spot on, the kid seems to have the whole package. He has made an unwatchable season of Lynn on the sidelines with a random pooch and screwing it game after game fun to watch. Not the Lynn screwing the pooch but Herbert. Wow is this kid something. He has also shown us how good our young receivers Gyton and Johnson are. I think there is a very good young nucleolus here that can develop together.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Spot on, the kid seems to have the whole package. He has made an unwatchable season of Lynn on the sidelines with a random pooch and screwing it game after game fun to watch. Not the Lynn screwing the pooch but Herbert. Wow is this kid something. He has also shown us how good our young receivers Gyton and Johnson are. I think there is a very good young nucleolus here that can develop together.
                  The lone bright spot in an otherwise horrific season of missed and blown opportunities.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I think there is a decent nucleus on the Chargers. Maybe I am a homer but they have been in so many games this year that really its down to a few plays a game.. So that makes the Special Teams debacle , the clock/game management this year very noticeable.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The lone bright spot in an otherwise horrific season of missed and blown opportunities.
                      Herbert for sure, but I'd toss in Guyton and TJ as other bright spots found this season. Can you imagine if lynn had his way and was riding Tyrod Taylor how low-scoring the team would be?

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think there is a decent nucleus on the Chargers. Maybe I am a homer but they have been in so many games this year that really its down to a few plays a game.. So that makes the Special Teams debacle , the clock/game management this year very noticeable.
                        I was not clear enough I meant the offense has a good young nucleus outside of the effective line.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Shannon Sharpe can't get over how good Herbert is. Herbert apparently broke the rookie record for 300 yard games in a season last night as well as tying the TD pass record.

Comment

Working...
                          X