• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

It was desperation. They screwed up with Mayfield then got rejected by Watson. They were looking at being left all alone on prom night so the "I'll do whatever you want!" strategy kicked in.
    Yep, Owners got more money than sense so you cant feel sorry for them but man do they make it hard for the salary cap because they dont know shit about football and override their GMs with dumb decisions.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Nope, he said if you are doing that the WR should be running a slant because the fake brings in the LBs. Someone was on the wrong page on that play.
      Damn, I wish we could get PM in here to be Herb's QB coach.

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Chargers bandwagon is filling up! Thank you Mr. Herbert our fan base needed/needs a shot in the arm.

The list includes jerseys, shirts, hoodies, and other officially licensed NFL player products and merchandise.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Hoping and assuming Herbert bulking up and adding nine pounds doesn’t affect his throwing mechanics any.

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

A stronger Herbert I dont think is going to be a problem. Its not like he is huge and cut like a lb. Should actually help him not go down as easily getting tackled and taking a hit may be easier on him. As long as he has his good speed to move around I cant see this a problem. Now if he was 280 id have real concerns but to be in that much better shape now before camp really starts is certainly a good sign to wanting to take his game up a notch.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Just for fun, Look at the first couple of pages of this thread and notice all the totally negative reactions to drafting Herbert.

Kind of makes me think we all need to bite our lips and wait a bit to comment on the picks.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

I was watching some of Josh Allen's early games, including the 2018 game with the Chargers, which the Bolts won easily. It was Allen's 2nd NFL game, the Chargers sacked him 5 times, would've been 6, but with Ingram hanging all over him he got rid of the ball before going down, and it was INT'd by the Chargers. He threw another INT later in the game. Derwin, also just his 2nd NFL game, sacked Allen twice.

Allen was pretty awful in his 1st season and wasn't very good in his 2nd season. He was looking like he might be a bust. But in his third season, 2020, he blossomed into the QB he is today. It was his best season statistically as a passer.

Herbert has been light years better than Allen was in his first two years. Herb's 3rd season should be nothing short of amazing.
                  Last edited by Velo; 06-05-2022, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    Just for fun, Look at the first couple of pages of this thread and notice all the totally negative reactions to drafting Herbert.

Kind of makes me think we all need to bite our lips and wait a bit to comment on the picks.
                    I did that, thanks for the suggestion. We may have misjudged him.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      I was watching some of Josh Allen's early games, including the 2018 game with the Chargers, which the Bolts won easily. It was Allen's 2nd NFL game, the Chargers sacked him 5 times, would've been 6, but with Ingram hanging all over him he got rid of the ball before going down, and it was INT'd by the Chargers. He threw another INT later in the game. Derwin, also just his 2nd NFL game, sacked Allen twice.

Allen was pretty awful in his 1st season and wasn't very good in his 2nd season. He was looking like he might be a bust. But in his third season, 2020, he blossomed into the QB he is today. It was his best season statistically as a passer.

Herbert has been light years better than Allen was in his first two years. Herb's 3rd season should be nothing short of amazing.
                      It will be interesting to see how much, if any, Allen misses Daboll as his OC.

Comment

• kgbpasha
                        #болтап
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Joy Division View Post
                        Herbert will outplay the two quarterbacks taken in front of him. Better supporting cast. Smart and athletic.
                        His jersey will be a top seller by 2022.

Go Bolts!
                        Called it back when this board was in meltdown mode and everyone wanted Simmons.
                        I knew the Herb was special. TT is gawd.
                        #draftday

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
                          I can't believe Simmons was on the board at #6 overall.

And I can't believe our stupid front office left him there.
                          Chain’s expert assessment of the Herbert pick, aging as well as any of his expert assessments
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X