Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Here’s the full article.
        https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...22#post1237522

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

I don't know if anyone has seen this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsB6DXHc2Us

Peyton Manning says that when he was still playing that the drop-back QB was going to become extinct. This is saying a lot coming from him.

I was glad we got Herbert when the team drafted him. I knew there were things about him that were questionable, but I knew he had potential.

Comment

• JustAnotherFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

And theres also Norm Van Brocklin
            Little known fact:
            Oregon is tied for second among all college football teams with the second most QB's that went on to be NFL hall of fame QB's.
            Who is first? Alabama, surprising, since they have a recent reputation for QB busts.

Trivia....
            I love it.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
              I don't know if anyone has seen this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsB6DXHc2Us

Peyton Manning says that when he was still playing that the drop-back QB was going to become extinct. This is saying a lot coming from him.

I was glad we got Herbert when the team drafted him. I knew there were things about him that were questionable, but I knew he had potential.
              I'd win fantasy games off the backs of Brady and Manning. While others were drafting exciting playmaking QBs the pocket passers were pulling in the fantasy points.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

At Oregon, Herbert did a fair amount of running. I wonder if the coaches will utilize some of that running ability he has? Last year he ran a bit but didn't really have any plays designed for him to run.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  At Oregon, Herbert did a fair amount of running. I wonder if the coaches will utilize some of that running ability he has? Last year he ran a bit but didn't really have any plays designed for him to run.
                  Maybe Lynn was afraid he'd get hurt and have to put Taylor back in!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Maybe Lynn was afraid he'd get hurt and have to put Taylor back in!
                    It's pretty clear that the Bolts will incorporate a platform of the offense that has to do with Herbert rolling out, and then either throwing or running, depending on what he sees. The idea is to spread the defense out while using Herb's mobility to give targets more time to break free or find seams.

In those kinds of situations, a QB as mobile as Herb can nearly half the time RUN for first down yardage. And 40% of the time, he can find a target that will move the chains. It will be nothing more than the Chargers' version of what the Chiefs do with Patrick Mahomes.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      They say the O will be built around plays Herbert likes. I'd try to keep it to a low roar but if JH likes the keeper in some circumstances, give him a designed option.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

They say the O will be built around plays Herbert likes. I'd try to keep it to a low roar but if JH likes the keeper in some circumstances, give him a designed option.
                        ^ This...to keep the LB's honest, gotta let Herbie run the rock on occasion...plus, if he sees an opportunity to scramble for a first down or a TD in an important, tight game, gotta let the kid use his discretion...

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...to keep the LB's honest, gotta let Herbie run the rock on occasion...plus, if he sees an opportunity to scramble for a first down or a TD in an important, tight game, gotta let the kid use his discretion...
                          I agree. So a spy will need to be put on JH. Less defender to cover our offensive weapons.

Comment

Working...
                          X