• Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

https://nypost.com/2021/11/12/justin...he-quiet-life/

A glimpse inside the anonymous public life of Justin Herbert

Herbert, the NFL’s reigning Offensive Rookie of the Year, told The Post that he’s rarely recognized by fans while out and about.

“I don’t think people care too much,” Herbert said about his star power.
    Herbert isn’t too keen on the trendy food scene in Los Angeles. He’s simple and modestly frugal when it comes to things like haircuts and groceries — which he won’t purchase from Whole Foods because the supermarket chain is too expensive, he told ESPN.
    ADDENDUM: Here is the ESPN article sourced in the second quote. It was written in September just before the season started. I didn't see it. It is quite long and detailed, and revealing. The writer is very good. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...justin-herbert
    Last edited by Velo; 11-12-2021, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Herbert reminds me so much of Mike Trout. Immensely gifted people who are humble about their talent and open about their love for their sports. Both players are low-key public personalities, but have no problems connecting with their teammates and being leaders.

Mike Trout just kept getting better and better to open his career. Hope Herbert can continue to follow his type of super star trajectory. (bonus: with playoff success)

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Without bias... I would pick Justin Herbert #1 if I were building an NFL team.

I am not ashamed to say it. I have watched many HOF'ers up close. The way JH started his career is storybook type stuff... The way he was a Chargers fan, and he CALLED IT OUT at 12 years old. He would live in L.A. and be professional football player.

His skills? 6'6! He is the prototype. Big, fast, smart, accurate. He has a Degree in Marine Biology if I remember correct... Throws it faster and more accurate any I can remember. Oh and 2019 William V. Campbell Trophy winner.
        Last week he was unconscious, and I felt he could have even played better. He is a once in a generation talent. I've seen some fastballs. Elway, Marino, Jeff George, Stafford etc.

Anyone watch that 2Pt conversion to Cook? That was a heater! Fastball, thats why Cook caught it on his knees. LOL!!! Cheers everyone. BoltUp!!!!

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Formula 21 were you asking about the lack of deep balls? Here’s why according to Popper.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Justin is WAY ahead of the class!
            I want to see him in the playoffs. As someone who has seen both Fouts and Rivers s**t the bed in crunch time, I'm thinking JH has more poise than either Charger legend.
            Time will tell.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              Justin is WAY ahead of the class!
              I want to see him in the playoffs. As someone who has seen both Fouts and Rivers s**t the bed in crunch time, I'm thinking JH has more poise than either Charger legend.
              Time will tell.
              I want to see him in the playoffs as well, and I am pretty certain we will see him in at least one post-season game in a few months. I just hope he doesn't struggle like he has against teams that throw exotic defensive schemes at him, like he did against the Patriots and Ravens (and the Pats and 'Fins last season). I believe he is going to reach a point where he's "seen everything" and nothing fools him. I just hope he reaches that plateau soon.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

I am not ashamed to say it. I have watched many HOF'ers up close. The way JH started his career is storybook type stuff... The way he was a Chargers fan, and he CALLED IT OUT at 12 years old. He would live in L.A. and be professional football player.

His skills? 6'6! He is the prototype. Big, fast, smart, accurate. He has a Degree in Marine Biology if I remember correct... Throws it faster and more accurate any I can remember. Oh and 2019 William V. Campbell Trophy winner.
                Last week he was unconscious, and I felt he could have even played better. He is a once in a generation talent. I've seen some fastballs. Elway, Marino, Jeff George, Stafford etc.

Anyone watch that 2Pt conversion to Cook? That was a heater! Fastball, thats why Cook caught it on his knees. LOL!!! Cheers everyone. BoltUp!!!!
                Is his degree in marine biology? I've just read it was biology and that his father was a high school biology teacher. I wanted to go into marine biology when I was a boy. I had plans to serve in the U.S. Navy and then go to college to study marine biology. Turns out I didn't go down that path, but marine biology still interests me. Early in high school I also thought I might have a career in the NFL as a kicker or a punter. I played WR/CB in Pop Warner and high school ball, and was the back up kicker/punter for my HS team. But I didn't have the stuff, I wasn't that accurate as a placekicker and I couldn't get much distance on my punts. I was 5-10 and 130 lbs when I graduated HS.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

This is my vote for a nickname.

And yes, agree with all the above.
                  We need to start talking MVP....
                  those 2 Ls against Baltimore and New England will hurt him but he's right there in the mix.
                  P1. Block Destruction
                  P2. Shocking Effort
                  P3. Ball Disruption
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Is his degree in marine biology? I've just read it was biology and that his father was a high school biology teacher. I wanted to go into marine biology when I was a boy. I had plans to serve in the U.S. Navy and then go to college to study marine biology. Turns out I didn't go down that path, but marine biology still interests me. Early in high school I also thought I might have a career in the NFL as a kicker or a punter. I played WR/CB in Pop Warner and high school ball, and was the back up kicker/punter for my HS team. But I didn't have the stuff, I wasn't that accurate as a placekicker and I couldn't get much distance on my punts. I was 5-10 and 130 lbs when I graduated HS.
                    He's going to need that after he signs his next big contract! Gotta understand the ocean and the animals standing topside on his next yacht!

LOL!

:coffee:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Just watched his interview on the vikings pregame summary. Kid is wise beyond his years my friends...

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        I think its just straight Biology. He's smart enough to apply to medical school, and that would be a great major for that, if this football thing doesn't work out for him.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

LOL I was a little boozed up when I wrote this. Still not imbarrassed. It was an easy google he majored in science with an emphasis on biology

Comment

Working...
                          X