• Show
Clear All
  • SBbound
    Casual fanatic
    • Feb 2019
    • Merced/San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No doubt the desk job guys wouldn't show up for work for a week with that injury.
    I think you're being too generous, I'd put the over/under at 3 months.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      Tuesday morning I fell down in our bathroom. My wife has a cute wrought iron rack (like a bookcase) in there that she keeps extra towels in. Somehow, as I fell, I ended up with that darn thing under me and I was hurting a bunch. I thought I had broken a rib or two but it turned out I had the same problem our QB had last year.

So now, a few days later, everything I do causes me pain. I can't even simply reach for something without it hurting. I can't even imagine how JH could play with this. I know there's a really big age difference but I still think JH must be a tough young man to play with this condition. I don't think we gave him enough credit for playing last year.
      True. Best wishes.
      I was surprised that he was able to continue playing after the LAR game with a torn l/shoulder that required surgery.
      Tough young man.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

what did Phil ever win? he cramped up as often as not in big games imo. Love him but there is no reason Herb needs to emulate the Phil model exactly. Take what works, leave what doesn't, be your own you Herbie!
        How many big games was he in? Not many, mostly because the front office and ownership gave him Norv Turner, Mike McCoy, and Anthony Lynn as his head coaches. Just imagine how Roethlisberger's career would have been like if the Steelers had fired Bill Cowher and hired Norv Turner as head coach after Roethlisberger threw three interceptions in the AFC Championship loss to the Patriots--following a 15-1 regular season in 2004.

Herbert's one playoff game is not something he wants on his resume. "He couldn't score enough points when his defense got FIVE TURNOVERS!" It's there, though, and a couple more similar to it will lead to the choker label he won't deserve while the organization fails him. If he never reaches the Super Bowl the narrative will be he didn't have what it took to win the big one--as if Ben Roethlisberger did when he completed 9 of 21 for 123 yards, no touchdowns, and two interceptions during "his" triumph over the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL...or when James Harrison had a miraculous 100-yard pick-six against the Cardinals during "Big Ben's victory" in Super Bowl XLIII.

Dan Fouts...Philip Rivers...and now Justin Herbert. The first two are ring-less and now Herbert just suffered perhaps the most embarrassing playoff loss in franchise history. When will it end? I'm still hoping for the day when we get a Bill Parcells or Bill Walsh to take over the organization. Maybe I'm wishing for something that will never happen.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Hopefully his OL is set this season and remain active & healthy. Then Herbert can excel.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'll be fine. I just need time to heal now. Happily, I don't have to play QB. I spend most of my day just sitting in my recliner in the man-cave. But, as I sit here hurting from just reaching over to the table to pick up my glass, I can't imagine how Herbert could play with this.
            Holy Shit Roo - when you got to the wrought iron part of your story, I thought you were going to tell us you impaled yourself! Fuck, stop scaring me like that. Glad you’ll be ok. I think Justin got shots on game day, maybe we can juice you on big days, whatcha got coming up? .

Be well, good sir!
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

How many big games was he in? Not many, mostly because the front office and ownership gave him Norv Turner, Mike McCoy, and Anthony Lynn as his head coaches. Just imagine how Roethlisberger's career would have been like if the Steelers had fired Bill Cowher and hired Norv Turner as head coach after Roethlisberger threw three interceptions in the AFC Championship loss to the Patriots--following a 15-1 regular season in 2004.

Herbert's one playoff game is not something he wants on his resume. "He couldn't score enough points when his defense got FIVE TURNOVERS!" It's there, though, and a couple more similar to it will lead to the choker label he won't deserve while the organization fails him. If he never reaches the Super Bowl the narrative will be he didn't have what it took to win the big one--as if Ben Roethlisberger did when he completed 9 of 21 for 123 yards, no touchdowns, and two interceptions during "his" triumph over the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL...or when James Harrison had a miraculous 100-yard pick-six against the Cardinals during "Big Ben's victory" in Super Bowl XLIII.

Dan Fouts...Philip Rivers...and now Justin Herbert. The first two are ring-less and now Herbert just suffered perhaps the most embarrassing playoff loss in franchise history. When will it end? I'm still hoping for the day when we get a Bill Parcells or Bill Walsh to take over the organization. Maybe I'm wishing for something that will never happen.
              you really need to get over yourself about these playoff losses in days of yore bro. You’re wandering off again off point. The point was claims that Herbie needs to be like Phil and I repeat - wtf did Phil do to earn such mentor cred?

Phil was QB during their best run of playoff appearances in team history, he had more chances than any Charger ever. He would have been in more big playoff games if he had won more playoff games but he didnt - he choked more then not. I watched every game as I am sure you did. Most of those playoff games, he DID NOT come up big. Look at his lifetime QB rating, he drops 10 points when it’s a post-season. Career QB rating = 95. Career playoffs QB Rating 85. Mr DerBosa, let me me introduce you to Mr Choke. Herbie’s one playoff game he underperformed and he tied Phil’s career playoff record - Phil has nothing left to teach Mr Herbert.

No offense but fuck Phil at this point. He was widely seen as a complaining whiny shit-talking asshole on the field and his “leadership style” never produced a damn thing - Herbie doesn’t need to emulate that. Let Herbie be Herbie and greatness will flow. I know it, i feel it, i predict it.

Year of the Flip!

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Holy Shit Roo - when you got to the wrought iron part of your story, I thought you were going to tell us you impaled yourself! Fuck, stop scaring me like that. Glad you’ll be ok. I think Justin got shots on game day, maybe we can juice you on big days, whatcha got coming up? .

Be well, good sir!
                They gave me morphine, it helps but it's foul-tasting stuff so I don't like to use it. It's very bitter. Better to grin and bare it.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

you really need to get over yourself about these playoff losses in days of yore bro. You’re wandering off again off point. The point was claims that Herbie needs to be like Phil and I repeat - wtf did Phil do to earn such mentor cred?

Phil was QB during their best run of playoff appearances in team history, he had more chances than any Charger ever. He would have been in more big playoff games if he had won more playoff games but he didnt - he choked more then not. I watched every game as I am sure you did. Most of those playoff games, he DID NOT come up big. Look at his lifetime QB rating, he drops 10 points when it’s a post-season. Career QB rating = 95. Career playoffs QB Rating 85. Mr DerBosa, let me me introduce you to Mr Choke. Herbie’s one playoff game he underperformed and he tied Phil’s career playoff record - Phil has nothing left to teach Mr Herbert.

No offense but fuck Phil at this point. He was widely seen as a complaining whiny shit-talking asshole on the field and his “leadership style” never produced a damn thing - Herbie doesn’t need to emulate that. Let Herbie be Herbie and greatness will flow. I know it, i feel it, i predict it.

Year of the Flip!
                  Nobody said he needs to be like Phil so you are going off the point. Are you saying Phil couldnt be a mentor? Thats ridiculous lol.
                  Not sure why you are comaparing Phils playoff record regarding Herbert. That wasnt the point regarding Phil anyways and is totally going in another direction.

It was about playing his game his way, making call adjustments, protections, etc... and taking control of the offense and not just running what Lombo called,....reading the defense at the LOS and still going with it. But then Herb has 3 years experience to Phils many years and he didnt do it over night.

Its also tough to do when they keep changing the offensive scheme all the time. 3rd scheme in 4 years now.

The second bolded.....by who? Many players talk shit and Phil never swore or insulted a players Momma and im sure he caught shit lines about his army of kids. In my view it was mostly opposing fans who didnt like it. But it was OK for Brady to be fiery in the games and going up to players talking shit.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-13-2023, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Nobody said he needs to be like Phil so you are going off the point. Not sure why you are comapriing Phils playoff record to being like Herbert. That wasnt the point regarding Phil anyways.

It was about playing his game his way, making call adjustments, protections, etc... and taking control of the offense and not just running what Lombo called and going with it.
                    Uh Yeah, somebody did. It was the reason I posted the “what did Phil do” comment to begin with. Herbie doesn’t need to do one goddamn thing like Phil, imo. Herbie is Herbie

image.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Uh Yeah, somebody did. It was the reason I posted the “what did Phil do” comment to begin with. Herbie doesn’t need to do one goddamn thing like Phil, imo. Herbie is Herbie

image.png
                      21&500 also was imo mis interpreting what Keenan said to Shady McCoy.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Year of the Flip!
                        I think you missed the point completely of what Keenan was saying. At any point did Keenan say Herbert needed to become Philip Rivers? Uh, no. Keenan said he needs to take more control of the offense, which Phil had as a veteran. And Keenan's not the only one who said it. Ekeler did, too. Additionally, Keenan in the past has said there's no comparison between Rivers and Herbert. Keenan said Rivers could never throw or run as well as Herbert, that Herbert is on another level. No criticism there. Just reality.

Acting as though Herbert doesn't need to do anything to improve at this point in his career is being unrealistic. But I'm discussing this with the "Herbie" fanboy who thought he was already the best quarterback in the NFL heading into last season. That's ridiculous.

You also don't have any idea of what the failures of this team during Rivers' time were about. Rivers had two bad postseason games--against New England and the Jets, in 2006 and 2009. They were not nearly as bad as Peyton Manning's bad playoff games against the Titans (1999), Jets (2002), Patriots (2003 and 2004), Jets (2010), and Seahawks (2013), or any worse than other top quarterbacks' bad playoff games (Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, and even Tom Brady). Rivers didn't have more opportunities because he had terrible coaching and a front office that was wasting drafting picks on the likes of Buster Davis, Jonas Mouton, Marcus Gilchrist, and Jacob Hester. Maybe, if you're being honest, this sounds quite familiar, since Herbert has been to the playoffs only once in three years and possesses zero postseason wins.

But, yeah, let's put it all on Philip Rivers and say #&&* him when we just experienced the most embarrassing playoff loss in our team's history, which he had nothing to do with. That's really intelligent.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Going into Year 4 and we're talking about our QB still trying to figure out a leadership style while simultaneously trying to water down his role in 27-0.

Red flags.

At least he throws a pretty ball, I guess.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X