• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    Interesting QB debate started by Alex Smith about defensive minded coaches which really applies to our situation in a big way...I think?

Alex Smith is still bitter about his career vs Aaron Rogers who he was selected ahead of.
    Herbert has a top OC and QB coach installing O, calling plays and coaching him, both of whom were NFL QBs.
    Alex' BS does not apply to the 2023 Chargers.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Herbert went from the best looking jerseys in college to the best looking jerseys in the NFL, why change?!?
      For the best looking trophies in his accomplishment case?
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Alex Smith is still bitter about his career vs Aaron Rogers who he was selected ahead of.
        Herbert has a top OC and QB coach installing O, calling plays and coaching him, both of whom were NFL QBs.
        Alex' BS does not apply to the 2023 Chargers.
        I mean I just don't know where your coming from. I'm talking about defensive minded coaches versus offensive minded coaches and who's better at developing them (QBs). So far he's 75% right which makes your thinking 75% WRONG.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I mean I just don't know where your coming from. I'm talking about defensive minded coaches versus offensive minded coaches and who's better at developing them (QBs). So far he's 75% right which makes your thinking 75% WRONG.
          Alex is ignoring who is coaching Herbert. If D minded HCs are bad luck why have several won SBs?

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Thoughtful or considerate person who wants to make things succeed or... someone defined as a Putz...

Dictionary
            Definitions from Oxford LanguagesLearn more
            putz
            noun
            1. 1.
              INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
              a stupid or worthless person.
              "I'm not some two-bit putz who doesn't know the difference between Ouzo and Dom Perignon"

verb
            1. INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
              engage in inconsequential or unproductive activity.
              "too much putzing around up there would ruin them"
            I quite literally can't figure out the point you are making... You highlighted the comment about Herbert being an introvert and then posted the definition of a putz. Are you saying Herbert is a putz because he is an introvert? Or I am a putz for saying Herbert is an introvert? Or am I just a putz in general? Come on gzubeck - you smack isn't nearly as effective if we don't get the point!

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Interesting QB debate started by Alex Smith about defensive minded coaches which really applies to our situation in a big way...I think?
              That's an interesting question. Every coach is different and the dynamics and personalities of the players on every team are different so I'm not sure there is a hard and fast rule. And it would also matter what role the the defensive HC took and how good his OC/QB coach was. If you have a good offensive staff and let them do their thing it shouldn't matter. If you mettle, it might matter a lot. For a guy like Belichick getting Brady going - that clearly did not matter.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Some of the best all time HCs had a defensive background and didn't seem to damage their QBs success. Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Bill Cowher to name a few.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

We'll have to agree to disagree regarding Philip Rivers, because I don't think you have a clue.

But here's something else Herbert can learn from Philip Rivers--and nearly every other franchise quarterback in the NFL for the past 30 years. Send a text or call your first-round pick the night he's drafted, especially if he's a wide receiver.

5. Johnston said quarterback Justin Herbert has not yet reached out to him. “He followed me on Instagram when I first got drafted,” Johnston said. “I ain’t really get a chance to talk to him yet. But hopefully soon.”

Herbert is a nice guy, and I'm sure they'll get along just fine, but that is odd. Although I could be wrong, I think nearly every quarterback I've heard of, with the exception of maybe Jay Cutler, hasn't taken long to welcome the first-round pick to the team.
                  you don't have to agree - that history book is already written.

I agree he should have made a call to QJ, Just don't go all Phil Rivers on it and start running around like a wounded giraffe in a bolo tie.
                  Glad they seem to be getting along now, plenty of time to build that bond.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I quite literally can't figure out the point you are making... You highlighted the comment about Herbert being an introvert and then posted the definition of a putz. Are you saying Herbert is a putz because he is an introvert? Or I am a putz for saying Herbert is an introvert? Or am I just a putz in general? Come on gzubeck - you smack isn't nearly as effective if we don't get the point!
                    his putz popper is puckering up

for the record, i hope he was calling you the putz. If I apply myself, he'll call me one too.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I didn't say it was a big deal. It is odd, though. I'm not saying he was intentionally insulting Johnston, or Johnston even took it that way, but all it takes is punching the following into a text: "Hey, Quentiin. Glad to have you. Looking forward to throwing you passes. Let's go win a Super Bowl."

But you seem to think Herbert is beyond reproach and doesn't need to do anything to improve. I guess you think there's nothing to Ekeler and Allen saying Herbert needs to take control of the offense and make it his team.
                      what are you getting at - that Herbie isn't a good QB? where are you going here - innuendo 1, 2, 3, ... how do they add up to you?

Herbie is The Golden God, btw.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I meant that Herbert can be quiet and resourceful and not a Putz like say Wentz...this was all meant to be a positive spin on Herbert. You guys are so sensitive around here. LOL!

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Alex is ignoring who is coaching Herbert. If D minded HCs are bad luck why have several won SBs?
                          really good OCs on their staff?

Comment

Working...
                          X