• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Calling me names is one think but can you please not use racist Phrases? I’m sure fleet doesn’t appreciate racist phrases used on his board.
    Calling someone a spade is racist. Using that phrase is not:

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Calling someone a spade is racist. Using that phrase is not:

Incorrect, it started out not being but has been code switched. It has been used by racists and has been used to abuse POC and I can tell you it offends me. We need to not ok the use of this sort of language.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...-spade-a-spade

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Incorrect, it started out not being but has been code switched. It has been used by racists and has been used to abuse POC and I can tell you it offends me. We need to not ok the use of this sort of language.

There was absolutely nothing racist about the context as used here. If I thought there was, I'd have a very strong reaction against it. NPR is also about the last place I'd ever look to for advice about anything. But in this day and age of people looking for stuff to be offended about, I'll certainly refrain from posting that here (not that I can ever recall ever using that phrase before).

Let's get back to arguing about Herbert.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

There was absolutely nothing racist about the context as used here. If I thought there was, I'd have a very strong reaction against it. NPR is also about the last place I'd ever look to for advice about anything. But in this day and age of people looking for stuff to be offended about, I'll certainly refrain from posting that here (not that I can ever recall ever using that phrase before).

Let's get back to arguing about Herbert.
          It wasn’t you who used it and I appreciate you not using it. I respect you not liking NPR but the fact is the phrase offends People and for good reason. This isn’t looking for something, it actually is something and sweeping this stuff under the rug isn’t the answer either

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

It wasn’t you who used it and I appreciate you not using it. I respect you not liking NPR but the fact is the phrase offends People and for good reason. This isn’t looking for something, it actually is something.
            I have heard this phrase used many times and literally never heard it used in a racist manner, so clearly it's not always something to everyone.

But back to Herbert...

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

r

I have heard this phrase used many times and literally never heard it used in a racist manner, so clearly it's not always something to everyone.

But back to Herbert...
              Sweeping this stuff under the rug because you don’t find it offensive is how we empower this language but hey I’m not stopping anytime from talking about Herbert.
              Last edited by Budsman; 04-26-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

:smh:free r

Sweeping this stuff under the rug because you don’t find it offensive is how we empower this language but hey I’m not stopping anytime from talking about Herbert.
                That wasn't my point. My point was I have never heard that phrase used in a racist manner before and the context here was not racist either. It has nothing to do with sweeping anything under the rug. But now I am REALLY done talking about this.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

some bulletin board material for JH
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

/sigh

Really? I mean come on now. It was not racist, you know it! And citing NPR hurts your case, it does not help it.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                      Day One...
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Brentwood, 94513
                      • Send PM

All this bull about him coming out of Oregon is crap. What school did Rivers play for? Not exactly a juggernaut at fueling the league with Pros.

We are a an with all the tools I’d want in a qb1. He’s coming to an offense that has playmakers at wideout, tight end, and running back.

Believe it or not, but this is the Chargers qb. Bolt up or Shut up!!!

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

No, having a gif war is playing, calling people whiny bitches was just calling a spade a spade.

I'm sorry that you chose to keep whining about something that was completely out of your control and you couldn't possibly change. Not to mention that I think your analysis of him is a total joke. And I can assure you, that in "real life" if someone is being a whiny bitch in my presence, I will not hesitate to let them know. Sorry to disappoint you, but for better or worse, I am 100% the same person online or offline.
                        Yeah, I can't agree with calling people whiney bitches either. Goes against the sense of community I thought we wanted to foster. If someone can't handle another person's take then they have a problem. Simple as that. Throwing tantrums isn't good. Trust me, I've done it many times and it always does the most damage to my/yourself! And it can also disturb the rest of the community here as well. People might be afraid to comment due to the likelihood of getting personally attacked. That's my take, brothers.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bil...re-saying.html

some bulletin board material for JH
                          Not unless Herbert goes down with a career ending injury 5 years down the road. Fromm is the next Steve Deberg... a second string backup QB. I would like to make millions for riding the pine too! Take it while you can....

Chargers are not going to shove Herbert out there day 1 unless he just destroys Tyrod. And if he does we'll deal with his faults for a season.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X