First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I like to think he didn't just die, I like to think he went to heaven. I really missed him, he said some of the funniest things. He and I traded emails back then and he was a real nice guy . He had a dry sense of humor.
    Agree, I thought he was awkward at first but we found a common ground and messaged back and forth sometimes. I'd send him pics as he liked cigars and I have a decent sized humidor at home. Still do but don't have them very often as I did.

Leave a comment:

• chargeroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Foober died a number of years back.
    I like to think he didn't just die, I like to think he went to heaven. I really missed him, he said some of the funniest things. He and I traded emails back then and he was a real nice guy . He had a dry sense of humor.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Excuse me, but fuck, what kind of news is that?

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Oh damn,....had no idea.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Pepper
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I know, we lost a lot of them too. Wasn't sure which way I was going to go. I lost a lot of luster for the draft, the NFL in general so just had to see how I felt when the season started back up.

The CMB was too much for me in many ways. Too many posters, too much modding, too many kids,etc. It was over the top.
    Couldn't keep up with things as threads we're pages in by the time I'd even see the new topics. And i was on Charger boards a lot back then. Not as much now.

​​​​​I'm keeping up now even being around less, as we lost members and because I been off work since last August but that is changing back here in a couple weeks.

PS....hey what happened to Foober? His name just hit me as a flashback lol.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    Sorry about that post...I was really saying that I really enjoy the forum and wish more people would discover it. But I do recognize a number of members from the SDUT and official Chargers forum.
    No need to apologize man. It gets slow here. There is no other way to put it. Its just our truth. So many other platforms out there these days.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

It's slow there - even for this time of year. There are things I like better about this board and things I like better over there. I've started to bounce back and forth. Good Charger fans on both boards. Overall, put these two boards together and it's still a lightweight compared to the CMB in it's heyday. The move chased of a lot of us and then closing the CMB wiped out some more.
    I know, we lost a lot of them too. Wasn't sure which way I was going to go. I lost a lot of luster for the draft, the NFL in general so just had to see how I felt when the season started back up.

The CMB was too much for me in many ways. Too many posters, too much modding, too many kids,etc. It was over the top.
    Couldn't keep up with things as threads we're pages in by the time I'd even see the new topics. And i was on Charger boards a lot back then. Not as much now.

​​​​​I'm keeping up now even being around less, as we lost members and because I been off work since last August but that is changing back here in a couple weeks.

PS....hey what happened to Foober? His name just hit me as a flashback lol.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-08-2019, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chargeroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

More will migrate.
    Some just don't like change but if their forum isn't working out, you have togo to another if you want to talk about your team.

The UT is very slow so I would think some from there would come over here but the ones that still post have been there forever and it may be a post count thing for them, I don't know.

No idea how the Pro Board is doing but since I'm seeing Roo here more often , I'm thinking not so good.
    We are all Chargers fans so I don't see why they wouldn't come here. I've belonged to about 4 or 5 different ones and left some of them too.
    It's slow there - even for this time of year. There are things I like better about this board and things I like better over there. I've started to bounce back and forth. Good Charger fans on both boards. Overall, put these two boards together and it's still a lightweight compared to the CMB in it's heyday. The move chased of a lot of us and then closing the CMB wiped out some more.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Sorry about that post...I was really saying that I really enjoy the forum and wish more people would discover it. But I do recognize a number of members from the SDUT and official Chargers forum.
    More will migrate.
    Some just don't like change but if their forum isn't working out, you have togo to another if you want to talk about your team.

The UT is very slow so I would think some from there would come over here but the ones that still post have been there forever and it may be a post count thing for them, I don't know.

No idea how the Pro Board is doing but since I'm seeing Roo here more often , I'm thinking not so good.
    We are all Chargers fans so I don't see why they wouldn't come here. I've belonged to about 4 or 5 different ones and left some of them too.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Pepper
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Its great to have you as part of our family. I know you requested more members and discussions.....lol...it will pick up. Once camp starts. I think social media has had an impact on message boards. But i spent the day on twitter watching charger fans fight each other. Not former fans. Fans of the team are now going after each other. Its not really in depth discussion like we have here.

I put a lot of time and cash into this place. It brings me great joy to have you new members helping us rebuild. Totally worth every penny.

Cheers to you.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Pepper
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Congratulations on your pending retirement!

I too think this will be a very special season for our Bolts! Can't wait to share discussions, excitement, arguments, ideas, and speculation during TC through our SB victory!
    Thanks man!

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Now that I've been on this board for a while and made a few posts, I can say I am looking forward to this season and sharing it with all of you here. I think this is going to be a special season for the Chargers, and especially for those of us who are long-time fans. I am retiring at the end of this month at age 62, and that is going to bring about some life changes that will include having more time to follow this team, starting from training camp. It won't matter if the Bolts fail to win the Super Bowl, or even if they fail to make the playoffs, although that is unthinkable. It's going to be fun and I look forward to the discussions we are going to have this year.
    Congratulations on your pending retirement!

I too think this will be a very special season for our Bolts! Can't wait to share discussions, excitement, arguments, ideas, and speculation during TC through our SB victory!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X