• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

In the end Bosa needs to remember that Condon works for him. Getting into camp, getting the work that he needs to develop, and start to build his confidence is far more important that a couple of percent. That is noise compared to the total amount. And his rookie deal will be noise compared to his next deal, if he is good enough to get one. If Bosa starts to work hard and earns his next deal, he is looking at a $100 million payout in his next deal. BUt the longer he holds out, the less likely he is to see that. What is the cost of the holdout on the next deal? That is the part Condon never talks about.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      In the end Bosa needs to remember that Condon works for him. Getting into camp, getting the work that he needs to develop, and start to build his confidence is far more important that a couple of percent. That is noise compared to the total amount. And his rookie deal will be noise compared to his next deal, if he is good enough to get one. If Bosa starts to work hard and earns his next deal, he is looking at a $100 million payout in his next deal. BUt the longer he holds out, the less likely he is to see that. What is the cost of the holdout on the next deal? That is the part Condon never talks about.
      Condon and agents of his ilk convince the players it's all about the money. They convince them everything will fall into line and reporting late is no big deal. As we all know it's almost never good when a rookie reports late. Rivers may have cost himself the starting job from the get go because of his holdout. That holdout resurrected Brees's career.

The NFL did a good thing for everyone by creating this tiered slotting system, even the Union signed off on it as it also benefited the veterans who actually earned the right to ask for the moon. But assholes like Condon have to screw it up for everyone, there's plenty of money for everyone and having Bosa hold out over this issue is short sighted. I hope he doesn't make a stupid self-inflicted mistake because of his holdout.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        Condon and agents of his ilk convince the players it's all about the money. They convince them everything will fall into line and reporting late is no big deal. As we all know it's almost never good when a rookie reports late. Rivers may have cost himself the starting job from the get go because of his holdout. That holdout resurrected Brees's career.

The NFL did a good thing for everyone by creating this tiered slotting system, even the Union signed off on it as it also benefited the veterans who actually earned the right to ask for the moon. But assholes like Condon have to screw it up for everyone, there's plenty of money for everyone and having Bosa hold out over this issue is short sighted. I hope he doesn't make a stupid self-inflicted mistake because of his holdout.
        If he does, then fuck him. He can look back on how he blew it 20 years from now. No sympathy for anyone too stupid, greedy or both to take advantage when a golden opportunity is right there.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

It's just a way for dirtbag agents to negotiate what little piece of the contract that they can......which just fucks it up for everyone else. Condom is a dick.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

That's a great point, Boltjolt. With all the standardized, slotted contracts, why pay an agent? Guys like Condon must be shaking in their boots. So he has to make a big deal out of nothing to prove how necessary he is going forward.

I don't dislike Condon as much as I do Rosenhaus. He is the definition of a sleaze, almost a Hollywood typecast of what a sleazy dirtbag agent looks like/acts like. Condon at least used to play in the NFL.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Rosenhaus is cool. He's one of my fellow chosen people.
              Sports agents, in general, are cool. If it weren't for agents and the union, the owners would destroy these players for pennies like they do in boxing.
              It's a brutal sport, and, if these players didn't make every dollar they could, I'd feel worse about watching them get their brains kicked in on Sundays.
              Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2016, 10:21 AM.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
                Rosenhaus is cool. He's one of my fellow chosen people.
                Sports agents, in general, are cool. If it weren't for agents and the union, the owners would destroy these players for pennies like they do in boxing.
                It's a brutal sport, and, if these players didn't make every dollar they could, I'd feel worse about watching them get their brains kicked in on Sundays.
                In general you are correct about the role these agents play, and their pushing of the envelope did bring some sort of equity to the players, the real stars of the sport. But it's assholes like Condon who abuse the system, holdouts were once necessary but for rookies with a slotting system agreed upon by both the union and the league, Condon is trying to create an added-value in a spot that doesn't really need one. It's just greed on his part. Bosa would be getting paid by all other accounts. And Bosa, along with us fans, will lose in the end because he will be behind the eight ball, and just watch how he will cost us the game at Arrowhead.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  In general you are correct about the role these agents play, and their pushing of the envelope did bring some sort of equity to the players, the real stars of the sport. But it's assholes like Condon who abuse the system, holdouts were once necessary but for rookies with a slotting system agreed upon by both the union and the league, Condon is trying to create an added-value in a spot that doesn't really need one. It's just greed on his part. Bosa would be getting paid by all other accounts. And Bosa, along with us fans, will lose in the end because he will be behind the eight ball, and just watch how he will cost us the game at Arrowhead.
                  In general, I am correct? No, in general, I'm an idiot, but I think I'm right on this point.

Condon doesn't own the Chargers - his job isn't to worry about our success. He's trying to get his client the best deal possible because the best deal for his client is also the best deal for Condon.

I don't know shit about this contract negotiation; I'm not Donald Trump. So it's not like I know if Condon's deal-making strategy is fantastic or classy or terrific or what. But I'm just guessing Condon is trying to get his client the best deal possible because it's to his own benefit.

If you want to blame somebody, I'd say blame the Spanoses. This isn't their first failure in getting a first-round pick into camp on time. And - by the way - they tried to move the team to Los Angeles, so, as far as I'm concerned, the Spanoses are everything that's wrong with sports. I'll never take their side in any matter.
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-26-2016, 07:46 AM.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

In general, I am correct? No, in general, I'm an idiot, but I think I'm right on this point.

Condon doesn't own the Chargers - his job isn't to worry about our success. He's trying to get his client the best deal possible because the best deal for his client is also the best deal for Condon.

I don't know shit about this contract negotiation; I'm not Donald Trump. So it's not like I know if Condon's deal making strategy is fantastic or classy or terrific or what. But I'm just guessing Condon is trying to get his client the best deal possible because it's to his own benefit.

If you want to blame somebody, I'd say blame the Spanoses. This isn't their first failure in getting a first-round pick into camp on time. And - by the way - they tried to move the team to Los Angeles, so, as far as I'm concerned, the Spanoses are everything that's wrong with sports. I'll never take their side in any matter.
                    Be that as it may, I'm thinking that holding out your client over this language clause may not be in the best interest of the client when he is already going to be a multi-millionaire without even playing a down, using conditions and terms that were agreed upon by the union he is supposed to be joining. So yeah, Condon is a dick, he can already get enough to make Bosa super rich (and make a handsome commission himself), and the Spanoses are still assholes.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

I don't know shit about this contract negotiation; I'm not Donald Trump. So it's not like I know if Condon's deal making strategy is fantastic or classy or terrific or what. But I'm just guessing Condon is trying to get his client the best deal possible because it's to his own benefit.

Now that's the kind of post I can support! RACK HIM!!!
                      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

This isn't the Spanos fault. Its Condon trying to once again to alter the rookie scale that is already set. Trying To tweak it once again which would then set off every agent trying g to tweak something that is supposed to be an easy deal and get these guys signed. I blame the agents. They hate having a rookie scale and frankly with the scale, why would the players need an agent for their rookie deal? They would make more by not having to pay them.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-26-2016, 07:14 AM.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

The issue is what is the role between holdouts and player development. How many players who hold out end up struggling early in their career or are complete busts?

Until the link between holdouts and player development, no one will be able to say definitively. To think that Condon has the players best interest at heart assumes that short term monetary gain is the only thing that is important. But a lot of other agents have no problems getting all their clients into camp on time, and those agents/players potentially make more due to their 2nd and 3rd contracts.

Comment

Working...
                          X