2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Keeping Storm on the roster was head scratching. The guy was so bad they didn't even trust him to be the back up and instead used Sarell. I don't know if it was a personal thing where they were emotionally attached to him or what but the team really could have used that roster spot for a useful player. Same with rostering 2 back up QB's who neither of which would likely give a team a good chance of winning.
    You wouldn't have any backup QBs?
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

their was a good article on bolts from the blue saying that pipkins market might not be as high as initially prognosticated, I'm not sure I buy it but the guy is saying 2 years 8-10mil with 5 mil in guarantees will get pipkins back in the building, if that’s actually the case, then it would be criminal to let him walk…we saw this play out with both nwosu and white last offseason, their markets turned out to be much lower and both signed for deals that would’ve been much friendlier for the chargers to keep them both rather than trade for mack and give up valuable draft capital in the process…the cap situation would not be what it is today had we kept nwosu and white, now white is helping the eagles win a superbowl…:shifty:
      True but do you really miss Kyzir? He only got a 1 year deal for 5 mil. He did have a good year for us but something don't jive and his 1 year deal showed that.

Frankly I wouldn't sign him in to come back. We can do better than him and Murray imo..

That said, I'd resign Pip for that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

they also had no interest in Salyer as a starter on the Oline, and gave Storm every chance in the world.... would restructure Matt F.
        On the contrary, they went with Salyer over Fieler at OT.

They could have put Pip at LT Salyer at RT.....or Salyer at LG and Fieler at RT but instead put Salyer at LT.

Says alot.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Why would fieler take a paycut? And 2mil? That’s not happening, he can probably do 3-4 or more if he hits the open market, but he’s not worth the 6.5mil he’s scheduled to earn in 2023…if the plan to finally move him to his natural RT position, then in that case it I’d be open to the idea of keeping him and letting pipkins walk…

IMO slater, salyer, linsley, johnson, fieler would not be as good as slater, salyer, linsley, johnson, and pipkins…but I’d be more excited for that plan than keeping fieler at LG and sliding salyer to RT in place of pipkins…fieler has been a mess at LG
          Last edited by Fouts2herbert; 02-04-2023, 05:19 PM.
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

anybody have his pff grade for last season, and how sure are we that he's not a better RT than LG ??

not to mention we have Storm, Jaimes and who else to fill in his blank if we off him....
            I don't even need to look up Feiler's PFF grade...just watching games, I've seen Feiler get beat like a drum repeatedly...let him go and upgrade...and Storm and Jaimes can join him...need QUALITY starters and depth, not weak links...

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I don't even need to look up Feiler's PFF grade...just watching games, I've seen Feiler get beat like a drum repeatedly...let him go and upgrade...and Storm and Jaimes can join him...need QUALITY starters and depth, not weak links...
              You are always so critical. Go look up your recent posts and see for yourself, you are more apt to criticize a player than you are to praise one.

Feiler is nowhere near as bad as you paint him. Does he get beat now and then - yes, but even the IDL that are all-pro lose one now and then. (I'm not suggesting he's all-pro). But, he's nowhere near as terrible as you claim. If we have someone better, why didn't they put Feiler on the bench?
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

apparantently PFF will not let you see player grades without a paid subscription? I'm searching for the web for grades and cannot find anything dammit

Comment

• rensoul
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

You wouldn't have any backup QBs?
                  No, I'm against keeping 2 backups on the active roster when neither of them likely give a team much chance to win if the starter goes down. Pick either Daniel or Stick for the active roster not both, if they really wanted a 3rd string emergency Qb then use a spot on the PS.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

No, I'm against keeping 2 backups on the active roster when neither of them likely give a team much chance to win if the starter goes down. Pick either Daniel or Stick for the active roster not both, if they really wanted a 3rd string emergency Qb then use a spot on the PS.
                    I'm in favor of going just the opposite way. I want them to make all teams have three QB's and be dressed for every game. Just add one more to the number on the teams.
                    I don't want to pay today's prices to watch some WR that played QB in HS suddenly be playing QB.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Tyree Wilson Texas Tech EDGE

Height 6′ 6″, Weight 276 lbs

Chunky monkey, this is good tape. Sets a devastating edge, twitchy, speed, power. Outstanding backside pursuit and got a nasty streak
                      and takes it out on tight ends and RBs behind the line of scrimmage. Plays angry.

Cons: Has one polished move.

Top Five in the draft.

KP_FBvsTexas_220924-183_Hr86i.jpg

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

I'm in favor of going just the opposite way. I want them to make all teams have three QB's and be dressed for every game. Just add one more to the number on the teams.
                        I don't want to pay today's prices to watch some WR that played QB in HS suddenly be playing QB.
                        Exceptions should be made for the qb position.
                        Great idea.
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

You are always so critical. Go look up your recent posts and see for yourself, you are more apt to criticize a player than you are to praise one.

Feiler is nowhere near as bad as you paint him. Does he get beat now and then - yes, but even the IDL that are all-pro lose one now and then. (I'm not suggesting he's all-pro). But, he's nowhere near as terrible as you claim. If we have someone better, why didn't they put Feiler on the bench?
                          Why did they ever start Storm? Questions we may never know the answers to.

Comment

Working...
                          X