• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I still want to trade back and get another #1 for next year. Next year we could trade up with 3-#1s to get our QB of the future. This year’s QBs are just too risky.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

CHI stupidly chose trubislky(shocking everyone watching the draft) even though trubisky was never great or special in college...... Burrow and Tua clearly;y were elite and special and against by far the best defenses in college football......

Just because a bad organization drafts a QB even high does not mean they are great players or that it was a good decision.....

Just look at how many horrible QB decisions teams like CIN, CLEV, DET and others have made over the years...... and those were obvious bad decisions before they made them.......

Guys like carson palmer, alkali smith, Joey harrington, mariota(who was better then Hebert), couch, manzel, klingler, ware, shuler,..... (and list goes on and on and on.....)..... all were ne ver great to begin with..... many racked up empty exaggerated stats against bad competition because of systems that generate a ton of RAC....... but they never had to make clutch plays against great defenses...... so they never were great..... I would not have drafted any of them......
      Guys like Goff with the rams plays well when his team is running for 150 and he has all day to throw but give him any pressure and require him to make a play and he folds like a card house..... same with most of the QB's in college and pros......

That is why it is so important to grab an elite QB the extremely rare times when one or 2 are actually available........ Teams can draft OL, DL or any other position anytime, but elite QB's, liker Burrow and
      Tua are EXTRENELY RARE!!!!......

Passing on them would be a huge blunder that would set our team back 5-10 or more years....... what is the amount of time between Fouts and Rivers?????....who wants to wait that many years again?????? ....sadly, some of us will not live that long........ elite QB's are worth multiple drafts worth of picks....... having an OL is worthless unless you have a great QB to protect..... because of the current offensive oriented rules there will never again be a defense like the steel curtain, 85 bears, or the ravens team that won without a QB........

if we try our best to trade up to get one of the 2 elite QB's, Burrow or Tua and fail, so be it........, but TT has to try the best he can and he knows it...... .. then we have to draft BPA which would likely be Okudah, Simmons, brown, or the best OT......... but please Chargers do not do what the media wants and reach for Hebert (who will never be anything in NFL, like all the extremely over rated QB's from that gimmick oregon stat machine system)... or any of the other not great QB's in this draft who will never be anything.......
      If we're talking just college career, Johnny Football was one of the best to ever play.

Him taking Texas A&M on the road to beat Alabama was one of the greatest performances by a college QB ever.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        I still want to trade back and get another #1 for next year. Next year we could trade up with 3-#1s to get our QB of the future. This year’s QBs are just too risky.
        Asside from Lawrence, next years will be as well. So no different than this year. Not sure how Fields can be much better next year after only throwing 1 INT. Look for him to not be as good. Seems to be the pattern lol.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
          Day One...
          • Mar 2019
          • Brentwood, 94513
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          If Simmons is gone, I'm all for trading back to get more picks. I don't it give us another 1 next year. Next years qb is what I want. Lawrence, only cause that's my name and he is pretty good.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post

If Simmons is gone, I'm all for trading back to get more picks. I don't it give us another 1 next year. Next years qb is what I want. Lawrence, only cause that's my name and he is pretty good.
            If Simmons is gone - I like the idea of trading back - my ultimate goal would be 6 to 9 (survey the board) and if Tampa still wants to get OT ahead of Cleveland, 9 to 14.

probably could get a 2, 3 and maybe an extra 5 or 6

if Simmons is there - don't be stupid - pick him. he is a playmaker on defense - -

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
              like all the extremely over rated QB's from that gimmick oregon stat machine system)... or any of the other not great QB's in this draft who will never be anything....... [/B]
              I've read that bs before - each of those QB's played for a different coach and in a different system. I'd agree that the system the Ducks used when Mariota was there was a gimmick offense that made him look better than he was but Herbert played in a pretty standard kind of offense based on the running game and short passes to the RB's. I'm not holding up Herbert, I hope the Bolts do not draft him but to bunch those players together because they went to the same school is way wrong. You forgot to throw Fouts in there.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

It’s great that all your posts are archived.
                In a few years they will be priceless.
                Haha... Right?

His QB talk always gives me a hearty chuckle.Linking a guy like Carson Palmer to the likes of Couch, Manziel and Akili is beyond ignorant.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Whoever the qb is, keep in mind we’re depending on Shane stitch to develop him, and he’s busy learning on the job OC duties.
                  we need t stay away from big qb projects and herbert falls into that category imo
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

No he is a fool who believes in absolutes and continues to expound upon them even though it’s been shown false multiple times like an apologist.
                    Yep. And he conveniently never responds to the posts that call him out and paint him into a corner on his ridiculous BS. It's comical...

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

In the McGinn piece that has question marks about Tua -- one scout said of Herbert - if he had played with the talent around him that Burrows and Tua did - he would have put up numbers like they did.

QB is a tricky one - as talent around you - does help.
                      Not only talent, but that system Herbert played in was a fucking dumpster fire.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Yep. And he conveniently never responds to the posts that call him out and paint him into a corner on his ridiculous BS. It's comical...
                        Spot on.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          Whoever the qb is, keep in mind we’re depending on Shane stitch to develop him, and he’s busy learning on the job OC duties.
                          we need t stay away from big qb projects and herbert falls into that category imo
                          Yeah but......they all need developing. Too bad Philip isnt still here to help out. Just sitting in the film room with him would help.

Comment

Working...
                          X