• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    I think I heard TT say during a very recent radio interview that they have enough cap to do what they want to do. Of course, that could be just standard GM speak.
    Options:
    Put it into players
    Put it into a new stadium
    Put it into Dean's pocket

Hmmmm.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

If he is smart and wisely puts it into his team with good results he will also be putting into his stadium and his pockets.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        If he is smart and wisely puts it into his team with good results he will also be putting into his stadium and his pockets.
        If my Aunt Betty had a dick she'd be my uncle.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          are you kidding? Fouts needs more targets to keep this Super Bowl winning, high flying, Air Coryell offense firing on all cylinders! Floyd is retired and we need a replacement, Pronto! Somebody has to stretch the filed and be the vertical threat downfield.

Seriously, this ownership has been living in some kind of time warp where they think everything revolves around a "Franchise" passing QB that puts up big stats and creates "excitement" like it was in the late 1970's. All they keep talking about is keeping Rivers happy and comfortable because as long as we have him- we always "have a chance" and just think about "where would we be without him?".

They have a terminal blind spot to the fact our best TEAMS ran the ball well and had the most success, playoff appearances and AFCWest Championships. We had our most competent OLines then too.
          No offense, but Rivers is really, really good and we should really build around him.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            If my Aunt Betty had a dick she'd be my uncle.
            Look, work out your family issues on your own time. God bless you.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
              Wow. I didn't think what I wrote would be controversial.
              Weed blinds you to the circumstances around you, WeedHopper.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                Weed blinds you to the circumstances around you, WeedHopper.
                Perhaps it helps me see the obvious. Anybody pining for spending big money on a wide receiver for this team is blind or just hasn't paid attention over the past four or five years. Sorry.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Las Vegas, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Theres a chance the cap goes up 10 mil i read.
                  Plenty of room to go after a couple O-linemen, a safety and maybe a wr if the right fit is there. Focus draft on Defense and depth.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                    Perhaps it helps me see the obvious. Anybody pining for spending big money on a wide receiver for this team is blind or just hasn't paid attention over the past four or five years. Sorry.
                    You're both right....bottom line, this guy is a slot WR/return guy.....not a LOT OF MONEY.....we can sign him and still have enough money left to keep both u chuckleheads happy
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      You're both right....bottom line, this guy is a slot WR/return guy.....not a LOT OF MONEY.....we can sign him and still have enough money left to keep both u chuckleheads happy
                      I'll believe it when I see it, bonehead. The only way we sign somebody else's free agent wide receiver is if we pay more than anybody else is willing to pay. Nobody is coming to our team to win a championship or to play for our beloved owner. If we're going to overspend, let's do that for linemen and defense.

Signed,
                      Chucklehead #1

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
                        Plenty of room to go after a couple O-linemen, a safety and maybe a wr if the right fit is there. Focus draft on Defense and depth.
                        A couple linemen and a safety? A couple linemen may be enough for the offense. But the defense needs a lot more than a safety. We need a couple pass rushers.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                          • Send PM

None of our position groups are so good that a top talent would be a waste. We need a receiver, the question is do you draft one at 3 overall? I personally don't see the value there but if we drafted a Treadwell I wouldn't consider it a waste. You could also argue that we desperately need interior o line but, there is always good value in round 2 and 3 for them. This year the same goes for DL. The best value in my opinion for #3 overall is to trade out and grab more picks in a draft that has plenty of value in our main areas of need in rounds 1-3. Gates was undrafted. 32 teams considered a 7th rounder too risky for him. After the draft the only concern on where they were picked is between the gm and the agent for negotiations and contract length.

Comment

Working...
                          X