• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

AL is certainly not holding the right people accountable on our ST.
    I didn't realize it was comparatively that bad....and they had their golden team of veteran special teams aces last year:

Zoobie, Watt, Phillips.... wait, Phillips was injured! You can blame it on that

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

You do realize the Chargers have been in the league for a very long time, have no superbowl wins and franchise have a overall losing record....and have had FG kicker miss game winners in post season. And, All of this was on Chargers franchise resume before Lynn ever got here. Anthony has been here 3 and half seasons. And he has a higher winning percentage in both regular season and post season than the entire franchise history. Let that sink in. Compare Lynn winning percentage vs the franchise winning percentage. Oh and Lynn has something Spanos doesn't. He has Superbowl rings. He has been to the top of the mountain in his football lifetime. Spanos have yet to do that.

I certainly hope if Lynn is replaced it works out.
      But what is your confidence level that the Spanos get it right with a next hire. And why should Telesco get a 3rd HC and more time when Lynn cannot even get a 2nd year with Herbert.

FFS, past FG kickers and past team history have nothing to do with what is going on now.

Anthony Lynn lost his lone game as an interim HC in Buffalo and has a losing record for us. The team is more than trending in the wrong direction. It is racing in the wrong direction. That other coaches have failed as well for the franchise is not relevant to what Anthony Lynn has done.

And by all means, let's give Anthony Lynn credit for his two carries for a combined two yards in his final two seasons for the Broncos. Clearly, he was a relevant, deciding factor in those Super Bowl wins--right up there with the Gatorade squirt bottle carriers. Here's to his mighty ascent to the top of the mountain for the Donkeys:
      isser::youaretheman:

Confidence level that the next hire will be better? About 100%.

I can't even believe that people cannot distinguish between the different performances of Lynn's clusterf*ck of a coaching job and Telesco's generally pretty good job of acquiring talent for the roster.

In game after game, we are the better team in terms of player talent and yet we keep losing because of poor game plans and terrible in game tactical decisions. The team should be 9-0 and is 2-7. That is when your head coach has to go.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not for me - the nightmare is we win a few games down the stretch, Lynn is extended and we endure more years of his mediocre coaching with Stewart and Gus as our coordinators.
        Come on man. We have already endures for decades as we watch a 14-2 HC dismissed so ownership could exert control. Already have endure numerous yes men they employeed. Already endures Boss Ross resigning upset at how front office does things. Already endured front office talent selections like Kaeding choked playoff FG. Already endure numerous 2nd and 3rd round reaches by front office Already endures silly holdout situation from a stubborn front office. Already endured Eli saying no I won't play for the Spanos. You have to have a think skin by now. What is one more year with Lynn going to hurt.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Come on man. We have already endures for decades as we watch a 14-2 HC dismissed so ownership could exert control. Already have endure numerous yes men they employeed. Already endures Boss Ross resigning upset at how front office does things. Already endured front office talent selections like Kaeding choked playoff FG. Already endure numerous 2nd and 3rd round reaches by front office Already endures silly holdout situation from a stubborn front office. Already endured Eli saying no I won't play for the Spanos. You have to have a think skin by now. What is one more year with Lynn going to hurt.
          Your entire discussion misses the point. Would the team be better off with a new head coach? The answer is a resounding "YES"!!!

Lynn is arguably the worst head coach in the NFL. Why would any team want to keep him as their head coach?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Depends on if Dean wants fans in the seats next season. Assuming they are allowed by then.
            If the team continues like this, nobody will be happy to see this staff back. Lose to the Jets and watch what happens.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Good point.

This is how one of the best players on team feels.

"I think it's unfair," explained Allen. "We are the ones on the field. We are the ones not making the plays. With the turnovers, the special team's blocked punt, and offsides on a field goal, that's uncoachable stuff. So, we got to fix our stuff first."

"Sh*t, it's been like this since I've been here," Allen said. "Pretty much the last eight years, we lose a lot of close games. When we do have the lead, we still losing."

"Obviously, we got a lot of talent," said Allen. "A lot of pieces. We got a lot of injuries as well, too. So, I think it goes hand in hand. A lot of our guys get injured, year in, year out, and then never recover, but it is what it is."

It seems like a yearly tradition that the Bolts will lose talented players in training camp and during the season. For the last two seasons, it has been all-pro safety, Derwin James. This season along with James, they have lost running back Austin Ekeler (five games), cornerback Chris Harris Jr. (six games), Ingram (three games), defensive tackle Justin Jones (three games), defensive end Joey Bosa (two games), linebacker Drue Tranquill (eight games), right guard Trai Turner (seven games), and right tackle Bryan Bulaga (three games, and only played in 10 snaps in two other games).

"It's not been the greatest of years, but I think we've done a good job of keeping our mindset straight and attitude right," explained Allen. "Just staying locked in."

Seems more like a Telesco issue or Spanos issue than a HC issue based on Allen's comments. Especially, the its been like this for 8 years comment.
              I feel sorry for Keenan. He’s never had a great coach. He doesn’t know what it’s like and is buying into Lynn’s penchant for blaming the players. Just sad for him really

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

The nightmare scenario is Lynn is fired and then gets hired somewhere else and has a bunch of success at his next stop. While Chargers continue to lose the close games.
                Which would be a very Chargerish thing to happen.
                :freakout:
                If that happens I’ll say good for you AL. Doubt that would happen tho. In any case, he’s not working out here

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I feel sorry for Keenan. He’s never had a great coach. He doesn’t know what it’s like and is buying into Lynn’s penchant for blaming the players. Just sad for him really
                  Yet he said 8 years. That is way way before Lynn arrived,
                  but Telesco has been here 8 years. We can make Lynn the scapegoat. But, other HCs Marty, Norv, McCoy were scapegoats...... are we really going to point finger at the HC again. Is there ever a sense that If HC was the real issue that the people who hire the HC are ultimately the most accountable for the product. And therefore the real fix is much higher up.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Yet he said 8 years. That is way way before Lynn arrived,
                    but Telesco has been here 8 years. We can make Lynn the scapegoat. But, other HCs Marty, Norv, McCoy were scapegoats...... are we really going to point finger at the HC again. Is there ever a sense that If HC was the real issue that the people who hire the HC are ultimately the most accountable for the product. And therefore the real fix is much higher up.
                    Unfortunately the owners won’t fire themselves. McCoy was a bad. Hire and so was Lynn. Norv only slightly better.

blueprint is hiring a HC who has been a successful HC elsewhere either college or pro. You know Chargers history. That’s the only time we’ve had success

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

If I felt Lynn was an average (middle of the road) coach I wouldn’t want to risk moving on.
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Unfortunately the owners won’t fire themselves. McCoy was a bad. Hire and so was Lynn. Norv only slightly better.

blueprint is hiring a HC who has been a successful HC elsewhere either college or pro. You know Chargers history. That’s the only time we’ve had success
                        I don't disagree. They have done better with former HCs who already had success before.
                        The problem is both Ross and Marty ended up resigning and getting fired because of issues with front office.
                        So the pattern is the more experienced and stubborn the HCs is..... the more likely the will get fired because Spanos will want to exert control over roster and coaching staff.

​​​​​​So ultimately the real issue is ownership. Not Lynn.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Lynn's the kind of coach that would have required no key injuries for any degree of success this season. TT's picks have been adequate and the young OC seems pretty adequate. On some bonehead plays, it makes one wonder if those were the OC's call or Lynn's. We can't know which.

Comment

Working...
                          X