X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

I did not mean to offend.. Herbert has grown since college. Can we at least agree on that? He was not a consensus number 1 pick. There is a very good chance if the Chargers do not take him with the sixth pick, then he might have done an Aaron Rogers fall in the draft. There were some glaring issues with Herbert’s game coming out of college and I am sure his growth was over time and was not overnight. Again, if it were obvious from the draft that Herbert was ready from day one and he would play at his current level, then he would not have been so polarizing coming out and he would have even went higher if not number one.

There were many uncertainties about his trajectory as well. Absolutely no one.. or rather very few saw all of this coming so quickly, including Lynn. It’s one thing to flash in practice, it’s a complete different story to consistently do it in games. When it comes to a young QB, especially with the instabity of the OL.. I can’t blame Lynn with the more conservative approach here. And again.. just like with Herbert, in this revamped offense, maybe Tyrod was looking pretty good also.
    There was no offense taken at all. I was indicating a strong degree of surprise by my response, not offense. I am sorry if my response caused you to think otherwise. That is my fault.

I disagree with the Rodgers scenario as I think Jacksonville at #9 is as low as Herbert was ever going to fall.

My issue with your comments is that Lynn had the chance to see Herbert side by side next to Taylor before the season began. I am thinking one practice should have been a pretty strong indicator of what needed to happen. We are talking about the physical skills of Justin Herbert, not the skills of Nathan Peterman, who was only maybe (or maybe not) better than Taylor. A coach should be able to tell when one player is vastly superior to another and not a close call at all. I think that is what we had going on here between Herbert and Taylor.

I have seen lots of Taylor over the years and that and Herbert are just a whole other world apart when it comes to ability. That had to be obvious. Like I stated previously, I do not think Herbert just suddenly morphed into greatness seven days after the Cincinnati game.

Comment

• Biggestfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Lynn is not a reliable evaluator of talent. Aside from the myriad of other reasons I don't think he's fit to be a head coach

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Crusher. Nobody needs to quote anyone's walls of subjective opinion to respond to it. You, me or anyone. Also, your ignorance of what subjective means speak for itself.

Bottom Line. Lynn would have done just as well as Tomlin did in Pittsburgh. They are very similar styles of HC.

I don't care how many posts of your opinion you make to detail why you think Lynn is terrible. it's just your opinion. Nothing more. Keep it up. I'm just never going to buy it.

Lynn is a very good HC. Period.

​​​​​

​​​​​​
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Crusher. Nobody needs to quote anyone's walls of subjective opinion to respond to it. You, me or anyone. Also, your ignorance of what subjective means speak for itself.

Bottom Line. Lynn would have done just as well as Tomlin did in Pittsburgh. They are very similar styles of HC.

I don't care how many posts of your opinion you make to detail why you think Lynn is terrible. it's just your opinion. Nothing more. Keep it up. I'm just never going to buy it.

Lynn is a very good HC. Period.

​​​​​

​​​​​​
          Are you crazy?

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Are you crazy?
            Well, he also thinks Lynn is a better coach than Belichick so you can make up your own mind.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Are you crazy?
              For having the opinion that Lynn is a very good HC? Yes!!!! clearly my opinion is considered crazy to many who post here. You know that and I know that.

Or

For calling out people who think their subjective opinion are facts? No!!! Its crazy for posts that are clearly just subjective opinion to be called facts. I would hope you know that because I know the difference between opinion and fact.

Fact is Lynn team has a losing record last 2 seasons at this point. Fact is Lynn team hasn't beat an AFC West opponent in the last 9 games. I'm not denying any of these facts. And I really do get people have an issue with the results and most calling for his job.

I simply have a different opinion of it all. Fact is he is 29-29 and 1-1 in playoffs going to LA. And going Rivers to Herbert. I don't see poor coaching as much as a see lack of talent in part because of injury. I know last time Lynn had a healthier and more experienced team they went 12-4 tied for best record in all of AFC and he had no real home field advantage. That is also a fact. Just one and a half seasons ago he was part of that. So I think Lynn is fully capable winning in this league.
              ​​​​​​
              What I don't like seeing is all this criticism of the recent struggle place completely on Lynn in a team game. And what he did in first couple years discounted and disregard and dismissed. If he gets full blame for what's happening now, he should get full credit for what happened then. Yet I'm seeing a lot of discredit of any success but full blame for any lack of success. And to me that reeks of hypocritical bullshit.

Ive already owned being the crazy person who still thinks Lynn is a very good coach and I gave my reasons why. And I don't need anybody to buy it. I've already said I will stay out on this limb by myself until the day he is fired.

​​​​​
              Last edited by Critty; 11-23-2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Lynn sucks straight up.Him and his whole regime will be gone next season,thankfully.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

For having the opinion that Lynn is a very good HC? Yes!!!! clearly my opinion is considered crazy to many who post here. You know that and I know that.

Or

For calling out people who think their subjective opinion are facts? No!!! Its crazy for posts that are clearly just subjective opinion to be called facts. I would hope you know that because I know the difference between opinion and fact.

Fact is Lynn team has a losing record last 2 seasons at this point. Fact is Lynn team hasn't beat an AFC West opponent in the last 9 games. I'm not denying any of these facts. And I really do get people have an issue with the results and most calling for his job.

I simply have a different opinion of it all. I don't see poor coaching as much as a see lack of talent in part because of injury. I know last time Lynn had a healthier and more experienced team they went 12-4 tied for best record in all of AFC and he had no real home field advantage. That is also a fact. Just one and a half seasons ago he was part of that. So I think Lynn is fully capable winning in this league.
                  ​​​​​​
                  What I don't like seeing is all this criticism of the recent struggle place completely on Lynn in a team game. And what he did in first couple years discounted and disregard and dismissed. If he gets full blame for what's happening now, he should get full credit for what happened then. Yet I'm seeing a lot of discredit of any success but full blame for any lack of success. And to me that reeks of hypocritical bullshit.

Ive already owned being the crazy person who still thinks Lynn is a very good coach and I gave my reasons why. And I don't need anybody to buy it. I've already said I will stay out on this limb by myself until the day he is fired.

​​​​​
                  ok. So you’re crazy. I can respect that

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Before the Cheifs game, Saint game, Bucs game, Raiders game. Most of the post I was seeing that were against Lynn said he was going to get blown out because he such a terrible coach. That he had no chance with a rookie QB vs Mahomes/Reid, Brees/Payton, Brady, Arians. Carr/Gurden.

They were supposed to lose. And get blown out because Lynn sucks.

I posted before all those games. Lynn will have a good game plan and have them prepared. They will have opportunities to win these games, each and everyone of them and I got trashed for that opinion. But then they did have chances in all of them and got leads in many but didn't cash in and make a play to win those games.

Then the goalpost moved from he so bad they won't have a chance in those games......to he is so bad they cannot win the close game....from the same people who said it was going to be a blowout.

My position and my reasons hasn't changed. He is a great HC and with a little better health and time he will win plenty of games with Herbert at QB.

It would be nice if a few came back and said....I thought we would not even have a chance in those games but Lynn had them ready to go and they were right there with a chance to win. I'm disappointed but it was nice to see they were ready to play. And also admit. What if Allen and Bosa stayed healthy in that Saints game. What if we had James available to play or Harris. Nope. It was immediately .....see even he can't win the close game, he sucks. And other have injury too.

And even statement of Herbert statistical success is in spite of him. Nothing but complete discredit of any bits of success.

Its easy to throw shade. Its easy to wait for results and then shift opinion. How about sticking to the take. Stick to the he was going to be blown out in certain games. And then admit being wrong because they played much better than your expectations. I'm not seeing much of that from the Lynn haters.

​​​​​​

​​​​

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Imagine if Lynn situations was flipped with Flores.

​​​​​​There would be walls and walls of text explaining why Lynn is such a poor coach. And how he handled the QB situation shows his incompetence. And there would be walls of text about the GM and HC making the wrong choice.

You know it and I know it. They would be pointing out he is 11-15 as a HC. A losing record. And complaining that he could have had Herbert. But instead we have Tua who may be injury prone and he looked lost out there vs Denver. And now your benching him. Just shockingly poor.coaching. He should have been released after starting 0-7 last year. Get an experienced HC.

Because that is the rhetoric that gets leveled at Lynn.

Yet Flores will be called a better HC. Even though he is 4 games under at 11-15. And Lynn is .500 at 29-29
                      ​​​​
                      I think they are both good HCs. And I think they both need plenty of time with their rookie QB before being judged.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Imagine if Lynn situations was flipped with Flores.

​​​​​​There would be walls and walls of text explaining why Lynn is such a poor coach. And how he handled the QB situation shows his incompetence. And there would be walls of text about the GM and HC making the wrong choice.

You know it and I know it. They would be pointing out he is 11-15 as a HC. A losing record. And complaining that he could have had Herbert. But instead we have Tua who may be injury prone and he looked lost out there vs Denver. And now your benching him. Just shockingly poor.coaching. He should have been released after starting 0-7 last year. Get an experienced HC.

Because that is the rhetoric that gets leveled at Lynn.

Yet Flores will be called a better HC. Even though he is 4 games under at 11-15. And Lynn is .500 at 29-29
                        ​​​​
                        I think they are both good HCs. And I think they both need plenty of time with their rookie QB before being judged.
                        That's BS. Miami had a fire sale. Lynn didn't have to deal with that.

China doll Tua was sacked six times and the last one was bad looking one that tweaked an ankle so he pulled him because he was holding the ball too long.
                        Fitz didn't get sacked once.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

More power to you Critty, but I’m sincerely confused as to why you think you’re in position to stir any pot after today? Because of the result?
                          what has Lynn proven other than he takes no responsibility for leading the proper attitude with statements like today that throw his players under the bus
                          ”they act like they’re doing me a favor”
                          why is the leader of men complaining about the perceived attitude from his own players.
                          Absolutely the opposite of leading, it’s abandoning
                          not sure if I've thrown in the towel on this season, but will admit that I opted for the bike ride and yard work instead of watching/following the game, and....

not sure of the context or the whatever, and.... if Lynnsannity broke out that beauty.... how much deeper does he want to dig his hole ??

not sure if peoples get it, and.... negative reinforcement does not work.

how does he continue to throw peoples under the bus like that ?? ....would be in shock if the locker room is not a total schizm/shizzle show.

and once again.... he has had the players.... he was 12-4 w/a likely HOF QB that he decided it best to get rid of, and now what.... he had his guy for a game, that was forgettable, and now he has been overgifted w/a rook phenom and still has troubles closing out games w/a guy who has shown he knows how to get the football in the end zone.

he thought he had problems @MLB and @SCB, and our FO got him new studs there.... a first rounder and a Pro Bowl replacement, and what.... the latter gets injured and he still insists on sending a very necessary cog to our D outta town.... his feelings/beliefs are more important than the team/org ??

for the life of me, can't see the one iota that he adds to the vibe 'round here, coz it is failing/falling, and badly so.

ps. just a friendly reminder.... he had the both of Bosa and James (two names I read repeatedly on this thread as the reason for our record), and went 1-4 to close out last season.
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X