Clear All
  • Jorgecasas10
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2020
    • Send PM

With our cap i think there is a chance to sign the 3 top oline
    OT trent williams OG joe thuney and C corey linsley
    and cut/trade trai turner, casey hayward
    With those moves we could go BPA in the draft(pitts, waddle, farley)

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
      I dont think so, but im not a capologist either.
      First i dont think we would sign three top money FA's, just isnt our thing but if we did, thats eats up a lot of the cap and all those guys will be expensive and we also have to account for resigning our RFA's, ERFA's, draft picks, PS players.

That all addsd up too and dont know if they want to cut Hayward and then we have to resign Davis or we have huge holes in the secondary. And we know TT wants to keep MW however that comes about and then there is HH.

If they can fit it all in great, but those guys will be expensive, especially TW.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think so, but im not a capologist either.
        First i dont think we would sign three top money FA's, just isnt our thing but if we did, thats eats up a lot of the cap and all those guys will be expensive and we also have to account for resigning our RFA's, ERFA's, draft picks, PS players.

That all addsd up too and dont know if they want to cut Hayward and then we have to resign Davis or we have huge holes in the secondary. And we know TT wants to keep MW however that comes about and then there is HH.

If they can fit it all in great, but those guys will be expensive, especially TW.
        But it's sure a nice dream.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
          I think that would be asking a lot actually from a cap perspective because to fit them this year - probably would have to really push out numbers the next couple years. I would be happy with say Thuney for OG and Austin Blythe for C or Linsley + a solid OG prospect. Than in the draft, get your franchise OT.

As if you get rid of Hayward - you still need Mike Davis and probably draft a CB. So your three main corners are Davis, Harris and the rookie QB - that works.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think that would be asking a lot actually from a cap perspective because to fit them this year - probably would have to really push out numbers the next couple years. I would be happy with say Thuney for OG and Austin Blythe for C or Linsley + a solid OG prospect. Than in the draft, get your franchise OT.

As if you get rid of Hayward - you still need Mike Davis and probably draft a CB. So your three main corners are Davis, Harris and the rookie QB - that works.
            guess I got things bass ackwards as would be looking OC/G in the draft and then cross my fingers that we nab some late offseason surprise cut for a solid LT....

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

TT has a lot of options for Domers this year: Eichenberg in the 2nd, Tremble in the 3rd, Aaron Banks in the 4rth.
              Hell, he might be tempted to take Owuso K at 13.

They'll take at least 1 Domer this draft.
              hope and think that Telesco stays clear of the Domers this go 'round, and.... wouldn't be surprised if Gilman's roster spot is up for grabs/in jeopardy as well.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Just thinking that if Gabe's former coach vouches for him and he can be had for relatively cheap contract then he is an upgrade. And adds an experienced player to the group.

Same with Villanueva-OT. Another experience player that if his former coach vouches for him is an upgrade. Hard to count on Bulaga and Pipkins seem to struggle as the swing tackle. Tevi seems to be improving. Do they they resign him?

It will be interesting to see how it all works out from who they re-sign, who they may get in UFA and who they may draft.

Whoever the group is.... some durability from the starting 5 and playing all 16 would be huge boost for the team.
                would venture a guess that the both of Sam and Pips are not here on opening day, and that Telesco nabs a vet tackle somewhere during the process and that we get a day three OT to fill in @swing.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

I wonder that and I agree and not just OL. I mean, a lot of names I have mentioned in free agency is because there is a familiarity with that player plus that team also has cap issues and might not be able to bring everybody back. I just don't mean in terms of on the the field but off the field as well. ARe they good in the locker room or a pain in the butt to deal with

Villanueva and Matt Feiler: Sarret
                  Gabe Jackson: Smith
                  Nick Easton: Lombardi

from the Rams: Floyd, JJ3, Blythe, Troy Hill , Morgan Fox or Brockers from the DLine, Everett at TE - STaley knows them all and assistants like Swinton and Day scouted them hard
                  Linsley: played with Bulaga and Coach Kuger

Now other guys mentioned for OL like Feliciano, Nick Martin - may not have the connections. But it can't hurt to have true inside knowledge on these players.

For SPecial TEams - I am hoping Swinton and Staley have some "ringers" they have coached in the past they can bring in. Its really a clean slate with this coaching staff - I expect there to be a decent amount of turnover more so than if Lynn were back.
                  think Troy Hill is the most likely outta that bunch, as will be surprised by any of the others becoming Chargers....

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I think the Chargers have the cap space - its just can they come to an agreement. Hunter might be wanting closer to KelceKittle and the BOlts want to pay closer to Austin Hooper.

At worst Telesco should be working the phones for a possible tag/trade scenario. Would rather do that than hope for a comp pick.
                    mentioned $31m/3 years for Henry, and.... still think hedging our bets @TE would be a good idea.... like Njoku for us in that role (is there a trade possibility perhaps ?)

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Looking at PFF - I get its only one metric but just a way to compare players. I am just looking at Centers, OG and OT. The OGs seem to be a cluster - even Thuney, though higher, is not as high as Linsley compared to Austin Blythe. Now again, style of play matters - who fits the scheme. I didn't include Scherff as I think he will be franchised.

But if the Chargers could get LInsley and a serviceable OG like Gabe Jackson -- I have read Feiler is a priority for the Steelers - would be a nice combo in free agency. I wonder if the Raiders have any interest in Harris or Hayward for a trade. And by this, Trent Williams is the player to get at LT followed by Linsley. As just one metric but they are SO MUCH better than the other possible options
                      Centers PFF OG PFF OT PFF
                      Linsley 89.9 Thuney 74.2 Trent Williams 91.9
                      Blythe 69.3 Feiler 65 Villanueva 74.2
                      David Andrews 67.4 Feliciano 64.6
                      Pocic 62.4 Gabe J 63.7
                      Nick Martin 56.1 Easton 59.6
                      Feeney 48.2 Lamp 49.4
                      Warford n/a
                      OG John Miller 61.1
                      OC Alex Mack 65.9

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

We can sign a Jared Cook on a short term deal and add a Tommy Tremble, Hunter Long, or Pat Freiermuth in round 3.
                        think we can get Cook for about $4m/year....

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I think TT gets nobody for $0.00 per year. He already has these great guys he drafted ready to take the next step.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X