• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Gilbert Manzano's analysis, with Staley press conference : https://www.ocregister.com/2021/08/3...rius-bradwell/
    Keeps wanting me to sign up so can't read it. No biggy.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Me too

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        No misses here, either. A lot of you were surprised/upset about Pipkins making the roster after the 2019 third-round pick struggled in the preseason. So I asked Staley why Pipkins is on this roster.

"With Trey, there's still aspects of his game that certainly need improvement, but we felt like he's been invested in trying to improve," Staley replied. "What we're trying to do is solidify him in a comfort zone. He's been going left and right, right and left, and we just felt like, for now, he's a player that we can still hang with. And we feel like he's earned that with us, with how he's invested in his game. And although he's had some tough moments that I think a lot of people have seen, there's been other moments where we feel like, hey, there's still more in there that we can tap into. So we're just going to hang tough with him, and he certainly has to improve, but we feel like he gives us depth at that position that we feel like we'll need moving forward."
        Yep...this confirms my earlier conclusion that Staley thinks the Bolts can coach Pip up...Pip has had a different O-line coach in each of his three years...in 2019 Pat Meyer...in 2020 Happy Campen...now it's Frank Smith...not excusing Pip for his play, but sure is a whole lotta lack of continuity...

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          Defensive line (5)
          Justin Jones, Linval Joseph, Jerry Tillery, Christian Covington, Forrest Merrill

Who’s out: Cortez Broughton, Breiden Fehoko, Joe Gaziano, Willie Yarbary

This was my worst position group. I had two misses here. [/url]
          There's a good reason why defensive line was his worst position group: it's the worst position group.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Keeps wanting me to sign up so can't read it. No biggy.
            I have some problems with copy and paste for some reason on this site with apostrophes, so my apologies. Here are screenshots:

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

I'm half convinced Telesco and Staley kept Ogbongbemiga just to torture announcers.

Og
              bong
              be (bay)
              miga

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                I'm half convinced Telesco and Staley kept Ogbongbemiga just to torture announcers.

Og
                bong
                be (bay)
                miga
                Let's just call him "Oggie"...

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

You perceive that they got worse. you don't have a freaking clue, you have a mildly informed opinion just like the rest of us. None of us have watched all the practice reps and broken down all the film. We are not running the same offense. T Billy very well could be making a lot of errors in practice on a daily basis. You talk about Palmer shortcomings.... How about your wait and watch a season of real games before you start labeling players. My guess? Palmer could get 6O catches for 700 yards and 6TDs touchdowns and you'd still b**** about it.
                  I do know that Johnson is much better than KJ Hill. We all saw that last year, so pretending like that is not the case is contrary to what we all know.

I would simplify the offense for Johnson and let him run what he ran last year. It worked very well.

If Palmer gets the 90+ targets that would be necessary for him to get the 60 receptions, then Herbert and the offense will likely regress this year statistically. I suspect Palmer will be an INT magnet if he gets a high number of targets.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I do know that Johnson is much better than KJ Hill. We all saw that last year, so pretending like that is not the case is contrary to what we all know.

I would simplify the offense for Johnson and let him run what he ran last year. It worked very well.

If Palmer gets the 90+ targets that would be necessary for him to get the 60 receptions, then Herbert and the offense will likely regress this year statistically. I suspect Palmer will be an INT magnet if he gets a high number of targets.
                    1) the roster was not constructed by looking at each position in a vacuum. There is a big focus on positional versatility as well as special team coverage units and death for those units. Personally, I also believe Johnson is a better wide receiver than Hill, but he'll has a roll as of right now returning punts and kickoffs. T Billy as zero value to special teams. I don't think Hill will be on our roster all season. I think it is a position that will be upgraded, but I think it will also include a player that can provide both receiving and return duties.
                    2) simplifying the offense for one player goes directly against their entire philosophy on offense they installed of multiple position groups and multiple formations. They have a plan for offense, which is different from the offensive philosophy last year, and perhaps "hey you just run straight and fast" isn't part of it.

3) I use the word IF.... As in even IF he had those numbers you would still bitch about it. Nowhere was I implying that that was my projections for his production. This guy can have a stellar career and you're never going to like him likely because you wanted someone else on draft day.

4) come clean.... Your T-Billy's agent aren't you?

Comment

• kgbpasha
                      #болтап
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I disagree with everything you just said. I believe in the exact opposite.
                      I knew T Billy would make the team last year. I had a suspicion that
                      he wouldn't have the ability to stick with this year's offensive scheme.
                      He has the speed that can't be taught so he'll definitely get scooped up soon.
                      Simplifying an offense for one player is not done for obvious reasons.

Palmer is a stud. He'll have constant separation because of his route running. Zero INT's
                      off of his targets this year.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Congrats to guys like Rountree and Hall and Webb and Merrill and Amen who worked their butts off and showed the coaches enough to keep them (at least for now) on the 53. Kudus to you, my new Chargers!

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Congrats to guys like Rountree and Hall and Webb and Merrill and Amen who worked their butts off and showed the coaches enough to keep them (at least for now) on the 53. Kudus to you, my new Chargers!
                          "Fireplug" Forrest Merrill making the final cut was a mild surprise...but I kind of like the high motor and push this kid brings to the D-line...almost like a poor man's Jamal Williams...

Comment

Working...
                          X