• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

My only thought on T Billy is that he must not be doing his assigned job and therefore has no spot on the team. Football doesn’t work when only 10 guys do their assignment.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Here’s the full article. It’s just crazy all the detail and nuance.

Thank you for posting!

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Sounds like they have the plan, now they just need to execute.

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Comment

• Lyth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

This is a great read on how to build an offense around a player and the incredible amount of detail that goes into it. Staley’s offensive coaches are not here by accident, they each bring parts of dynamic offensive systems to a new system that Staley is creating for Herbert’s skills.

This makes me excited for the season. That crap we saw in the exhibition games has nothing to do with what we are going to see coming up.
            I agree. I'm excited too after reading the Athletic article. We've hitched the wagon to Herbert completely. With this OLine I have hope they can keep him healthy. Not just preventing a major injury. He needs to be full strength all year. Too many times it looked like Rivers went downhill near the end of the season. Makes sense. Anyone who gets hit that often is going to show it somehow.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

I'm with you there, dmac, 13-4 for me. I don't think that's an unrealistic expectation for this crew. An upgraded defense & offensive line was all this team needed. The only real bone-crushing defeat was to the Patriots, and I'm hoping to see us return the favor this year.
              Right on, Berserker! Its possible, and that should be enough before the first snap. The Debbie downers think they are saving themselves from something - they are simply pre-punishing themselves for nothing. They won’t feel any better later.

some people walk around assuming the best, and some don’t. Those that do live happier lives, and we all get the same place eventually. Why consume 6 months of pain when you could just live happy for six months and take the same lump in the course of a long week.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

some people walk around assuming the best, and some don’t. Those that do live happier lives, and we all get the same place eventually. Why consume 6 months of pain when you could just live happy for six months and take the same lump in the course of a long week.
                To this point, Mac, I'm totally willing to give Brandon Staley grace and latitude for moves he's made that aren't intuitive for fans. I mean... He accomplished significant things in his previous NFL stops, and there are good reasons to believe that this trend will continue now, with the Chargers. No reason to think he's suddenly become a bumbling idiot who won't be able to get anything right.

And btw... IMO, Vizcaino's ability to pile up the touchbacks isn't getting the pub it deserves.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Right on, Berserker! Its possible, and that should be enough before the first snap. The Debbie downers think they are saving themselves from something - they are simply pre-punishing themselves for nothing. They won’t feel any better later.

well said.... I agree.... lets see how this new coach, staff and players do.... I realize I and most long term Chargers fans have witnessed years after year and decade after decade of futility and under performing, but assuming the negative is a horrible way to start .... we all, including me, should forget about our pathetic past, and look forwards to opening day in Washington...... to a new season, new team, new systems, and new results...... maybe after 50 years we got it right?...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

To this point, Mac, I'm totally willing to give Brandon Staley grace and latitude for moves he's made that aren't intuitive for fans. I mean... He accomplished significant things in his previous NFL stops, and there are good reasons to believe that this trend will continue now, with the Chargers. No reason to think he's suddenly become a bumbling idiot who won't be able to get anything right.

And btw... IMO, Vizcaino's ability to pile up the touchbacks isn't getting the pub it deserves.
                    ^ This. How about THIS for pub:

TOUCHBACKS
                    CAN WIN
                    GAMES!!!!!

Comment

• JustAnotherFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Touchbacks also make for fewer injuries, a VASTLY under rated thing.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This. How about THIS for pub:

TOUCHBACKS
                        CAN WIN
                        GAMES!!!!!
                        I'm just hoping that Swinton realizes that the short kickoff doesn't work with the inconsistent coverage by the Chargers in the past, and won't bring that out... ever. Much rather have a kickoff to the endline than the rare chance of pinning the receiver inside the 20, and let the D do its thing.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
                          Touchbacks also make for fewer injuries, a VASTLY under rated thing.
                          Touchbacks Win Games
                          Touchbacks reduce injuries

… cmon, lets just say it …

TOUCHBACKS SAVES LIVES!

who is in’t favor of that, eh? Right on Ghost, Right on Quack, Right On JAF!
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X