Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thus let's just stop the Payton talk..
    You are probably right but in the mainstream NFL media Peyton wanting to coach Chargers is a story that isnt going away. Might get a little awkward for the Spanos family if the under achieving continues in a market they are desparately trying to get a foot hold in. When they came to LA no one gave a damn about the Chargers.

There is one reason and one reason only this team has a chance in the LA market. His name is Justin Herbert, a bankable blossoming west coast super star...if the Chargers dont fuck him up.

Personally i would have hired a Daboll or a Peyton to maximize the gift that fell to these bozos in the 2020 draft. It is more than a winning plan, it is a business plan.

Comment

• Eurobolt
      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      I expect Staley to be given a third year.

Our injuries will be mentioned.

We should flame now but hang in there for 2022. JMO.
      You are too positive in general, it may not be a good thing.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        When this season concludes, I shall want Coach Staley sat down and told his choice at DC isn't cutting it. A veteran like Vic Fangio or even a Wade Phillips is going to be brought in as defensive coordinator to bring a life and personality and force of will to that defense, which it presently lacks, week-in, week-out. When consistency is brought to the defense, the team wins will become self-evident.
        why wait? If it is clear this season is a wash, heads need to start rolling now. Can the OC and DC now and show prospects that the Chargers are serious about a change of culture for once.

This would also send a message to Herbert that his contract will not go to waste - I've said it before and I'll say it again - missing 3 years of playoffs with Herbert at the helm is unforgiveable. I could see Herbert leaving at the end of his first contract if this nonsense keeps up. He has seen what this organization has done to guys like Rivers.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          I expect Staley to be given a third year.

Our injuries will be mentioned.

We should flame now but hang in there for 2022. JMO.
          Given not earned unless he turns this ship around

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Herbert is going nowhere. He will sign a monster contract extension here.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

why wait? If it is clear this season is a wash, heads need to start rolling now. Can the OC and DC now and show prospects that the Chargers are serious about a change of culture for once.

This would also send a message to Herbert that his contract will not go to waste - I've said it before and I'll say it again - missing 3 years of playoffs with Herbert at the helm is unforgiveable. I could see Herbert leaving at the end of his first contract if this nonsense keeps up. He has seen what this organization has done to guys like Rivers.
              It's not clear yet !

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

You are too positive in general, it may not be a good thing.
                Yes. Admittedly true in season. I will crush and pulvarize in due course.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

It's not clear yet !
                  If Telesco doesn’t get a talented receiver in a few days, it’s clear.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Because it's not how you treat people. Rolling heads? I do not possess that mentality at all. You finish the season intact, and everybody honors their contract. The off-season is when changes are made. Not before, that is how I view this. A contract is a contract. Honor it.

Herbert ain't going anywhere and hasn't juice. He'll stay in L.A. and be on his way toward nearly half a billion in career earnings.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Because it's not how you treat people. Rolling heads? I do not possess that mentality at all. You finish the season intact, and everybody honors their contract. The off-season is when changes are made. Not before, that is how I view this. A contract is a contract. Honor it.

Herbert ain't going anywhere and hasn't juice. He'll stay in L.A. and be on his way toward nearly half a billion in career earnings.
                      The contract has terms and they have to be honored. Your post doesn’t make sense.

Whatever Lombardi’s contract is for, he’ll get paid even if he’s terminated tomorrow.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

The contract has terms and they have to be honored. Your post doesn’t make sense.

Whatever Lombardi’s contract is for, he’ll get paid even if he’s terminated tomorrow.
                        I have not mentioned the name Lombardi today so I have NO freaking clue what you're on about. You brought Lombardi into this. Not me. I also have no problem with the Chargers offense, unlike other people. I do have concern with WR depth chart, that is on Telesco.

Hell, sign Lombardi to an extension. I singled out the defensive coordinator before. I reassign him and sign Vic Fangio as DC. AFTER the season.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

100% correct. That's how this forum rolls. Heck probably after year 2 going 7-9.
                          Not so sure about that. It all depends on how the team performed in that year. If they were playing like the Chargers in '22 (although it's hard for me to believe a team playing as poorly as we have this year would win even 5 games, no less 7), then yeah, there would have been calls for his head, myself included. But it they were at least competitive, showing signs of improvement, seeming to buy into the program, didn't have the worst defense - and one of the worst offenses - in football, etc, etc...then maybe there would have been good reason(s) to keep him around.

That's why I'm puzzled - incredulous, really - as to how guys on here keep pointing ONLY at the scoreboard when it comes to evaluating this team, with no regard whatsoever for how they're playing. Even in their 4 'wins', a case could be made for them being lucky (missed game-winning FG; other teams stinking up the joint even more then the Chargers; wins coming against League's bottom-feeders).

Comment

Working...
                          X