• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Brandon Staley just doesn't have it! He got knocked out of the playoffs by a team with a losing record. I knew as soon as he said this team is going to be about relationships first that he didn't have the right stuff and we were in trouble. TT needs to go too really he should resign he's been stealing money from the Spanos.
    In the first quarter - I truly think he should have taken the three, on the road
    than in the third - he should have gone for it and not had Dicker try a 52 yarder

but more than that - it was the lack of maximum pass protection all game and the lack of commitment to running the ball

the Chargers needed to use clock - shorten the game

Comment

• Air Coryell
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2021
      • Carlsbad, CA
      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

In the first quarter - I truly think he should have taken the three, on the road
      than in the third - he should have gone for it and not had Dicker try a 52 yarder

but more than that - it was the lack of maximum pass protection all game and the lack of commitment to running the ball

the Chargers needed to use clock - shorten the game
      All of the above.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Comment

• northerner
          Charger fan since '79
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

yes on the 3. yes on going for it instead of a 52 yard try. both of those were fairly textbook, but Staley fights against the textbook decisions.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
            Harbaugh is saying right now he'll be back at Michigan next year. I'm sure he is saying this because he is about to play for a Championship, but he could mean it.

IF so Payton jumps to to top of the list.

Comment

• northerner
              Charger fan since '79
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Since I am also a fan of Sean Payton (and since his Saints contracts run for 2 more season - 2023 and 2024) here are 2 questions for Payton fans:

1. how steep will the payment to the Saints be? one first rounder? first and a second?

2. how much would people actually want to give up?

I think it could be a high as 2 first round picks or one first and one 2nd round pick in the following year.

My limit might be one first and one 2nd rounder. Or possibly work in trades of picks so that we don't lose picks outright: our 1st round for their 3rd round, etc.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
                Since I am also a fan of Sean Payton (and since his Saints contracts run for 2 more season - 2023 and 2024) here are 2 questions for Payton fans:

1. how steep will the payment to the Saints be? one first rounder? first and a second?

I think it could be a high as 2 first round picks or one first and one 2nd round pick in the following year.

My limit might be one first and one 2nd rounder. Or possibly work in trades of picks so that we don't lose picks outright: our 1st round for their 3rd round, etc.
                If there is a good will from Spanos and good will from Payton to build here for years to come.
                2 x1st rounders is a peice I woukd pay.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

If there is a good will from Spanos and good will from Payton to build here for years to come.
                  2 x1st rounders is a peice I woukd pay.
                  Do you really think the Saints would not be more reasonable? He is never coaching again in NO anyways

a 2nd round pick is pretty high draft capital in the NFL and seems like enough to me

Unless thje Saints are bitter he walked out after Brees retired and didnt want to hang in for a rebuild and would rather make him sit on the sidelines for 2 more years. But arent they are the hook for his contract of he signs another?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

I would give a FRP for Payton and probablyu another future 2nd rounder

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Harbaugh is saying right now he'll be back at Michigan next year. I'm sure he is saying this because he is about to play for a Championship, but he could mean it.

IF so Payton jumps to to top of the list.
                      Harbaugh or Payton
                      if the Chargers make a change
                      needs to be an established winner

Hell I would take Jim Caldwell - who was the top guy on my list two years ago

Comment

• Eurobolt
                        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Harbaugh or Payton
                        if the Chargers make a change
                        needs to be an established winner

Hell I would take Jim Caldwell - who was the top guy on my list two years ago
                        Caldwell is 70 years old, cant see him coachin Herbert for next 10 years

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

The injuries have been merciless but I have concluded Staley's coaching is also a problem and this position needs to be addressed this off season.

He sticks with his system stubbornly even though hs defence has been pathetic for both his seasons now. The Raiders had 2 weapons and they both went off, he coudnt stop either one of them. Adams is elite and went off as we all saw but the next receiver Hollins had 35 passing yards. How was Staley sticking to single coverage on Adams instead of doing everything possible to take him out of the game more.That is what good coaches do.

The most telling thing has to be how bad this team is in 3rd quarters when all the adjustments are made. There is no coaching going on.

Injuries are not, this team still doesnt have a single victory this year over a team with an above 500 record.

Comment

Working...
                          X