• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Chief's released Danny Shelton.

Anyone remember the guy who considered Shelton as one of the reasons why the Chiefs will win the division,
    along with Frank Clark's 15 sacks?

Lucas Niang was place on the physically unable to perform list.
    That places NFL journeyman Andrew Wiley at starting RT; an improved version of Storm Norton, so i'll give the Chiefs the nod there.:tongue:
    Kinnard busted at RT just like I told them would happen.

The only above average NFL group on their D are the safeties & Chris Jones;
    maybe the linebackers - not that they have any difference makers there.

Chris Jones is not Aaron Donald.

The only above average NFL group on their O is their oline, qb and tight ends: the backups to Kelce are garbage.

Average runs across the majority of that roster.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Supposedly not completely guaranteed, not sure what the deal about that is. Wilson said he wants to play to 45, I guess he could, but if he does keep on getting beat up, its a big ask. The key is that at least the entire contract is not guaranteed, like Watson's was, so there is some flexibility in the upcoming contracts for Herbert and Burrow.
      He’s looked like he is already deteriorating imo, until he proves it was all SEA and none him, i think that deal is insane. Perfect Bronco front office move.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
        Chief's released Danny Shelton.

Anyone remember the guy who considered Shelton as one of the reasons why the Chiefs will win the division,
        along with Frank Clark's 15 sacks?

Lucas Niang was place on the physically unable to perform list.
        That places NFL journeyman Andrew Wiley at starting RT; an improved version of Storm Norton, so i'll give the Chiefs the nod there.:tongue:
        Kinnard busted at RT just like I told them would happen.

The only above average NFL group on their D are the safeties & Chris Jones;
        maybe the linebackers - not that they have any difference makers there.

Chris Jones is not Aaron Donald.

The only above average NFL group on their O is their oline, qb and tight ends: the backups to Kelce are garbage.

Average runs across the majority of that roster.

Their OL is above average with Andrew Who-ley? starting at RT? Huh.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

I'll say one good thing about the Raiders. Them signing Davante Adams drove Tyreek Hill out of the AFC West. The Adams deal, and the Jaguars signing Christian Kirk to the contract they signed him to, setting the WR market.

We may gotten one threat out of the division in exchange for another.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
              I'll say one good thing about the Raiders. Them signing Davante Adams drove Tyreek Hill out of the AFC West. The Adams deal, and the Jaguars signing Christian Kirk to the contract they signed him to, setting the WR market.

We may gotten one threat out of the division in exchange for another.
              This is true. And I'm taking a wait and see approach on the Carr to Adams connection. Adams was a great WR with Aaron Rodgers as his QB. I don't think it's automatically going to translate into the same with Carr. Plus, the Raiders' OL is a complete mess. I just read they only have two OL positions locked down. They're still trying to figure out the other three, and they might not be done with the waiver wire. Plus, the Raiders have a new coach and offensive scheme, along with the growing pains that come with it. So **maybe** the Carr to Adams connection does develop at some point, but I highly doubt it's going to start clicking Week 1, or even the first half of this season.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This is true. And I'm taking a wait and see approach on the Carr to Adams connection. Adams was a great WR with Aaron Rodgers as his QB. I don't think it's automatically going to translate into the same with Carr. Plus, the Raiders' OL is a complete mess. I just read they only have two OL positions locked down. They're still trying to figure out the other three, and they might not be done with the waiver wire. Plus, the Raiders have a new coach and offensive scheme, along with the growing pains that come with it. So **maybe** the Carr to Adams connection does develop at some point, but I highly doubt it's going to start clicking Week 1, or even the first half of this season.
                The Raiders have 2 college FA at C and RG in Andre James and Lester Cotton. James played OK last year, and Cotton had a good camp. John Simpson is a very up-and-down guy at LG. He has had some OK games but is mostly a poor starter.

Who knows who is going to play RT for them. Their choices are Thayer Munford (7th round draft pick this season), Jermaine Eluenmunor (5th rd 2015, 1006 snaps in 4 seasons with 3 teams, only half of them at OT), Jackson Barton (signed off the Giants PS this week) and Dylan Parham (rookie 3rd round pick out of Memphis this year). Brandon Parker was supposed to be their swing OT, but he is on IR right now. He was a 3rd round pick in 2018, and he hasn't played all that well in any of his 4 seasons.

Kolton Miller has turned into a pretty good LT, but I have the mental image of him being the dutch kid with fingers and toes in holes forming in the dyke while water is pouring in from all holes springing all around him.

Their D isn't much better. Everyone seems excited about Chandler Jones and Maxx Crosby, who are a pretty good duo at DE, but the only other decent starters they have are Trevon Moehring (FS), Rock Ya-Sin (CB) and Nate Hobbs (slot), none of who have played in this scheme before. Divine Deablo and Perryman are both much better run defenders than pass coverage guys, and their DT situation is not good. They are not very deep.

They have some weapons in Waller, Adams and Renfrow, but how will Adams respond to not being the #1 target after several years of being the #1 guy in GB. Plus, who would you double? Renfrow is a productive WR, but he is going to be the guy facing single coverage, not Adams. How will Adams take Carr going to Renfrow because that is what the D is giving them?

I am not sure that they are going to throw the ball like they did last year. Carr had 626 attempts last season, I don't think they are necessarily going to throw that much this season. I don't know that their OL is going to be great run blocking, but we know a lot of them can't pass protect. And while Carr makes a lot of plays, he also makes a lot of mistakes. He takes a lot of stats. He makes a lot of questionable decisions. I could see the Raiders playing it closer to the vest.

Their running game seemed like it might be OK, but they cut Drake, so are left with Josh Jacobs, Ameer Abdullah and Zamir White (rookie from GA with pass protection issues). Checking out the preseason highlights from the Raiders, most (all) of their decent runs came out of 2 RB sets behind a FB, which might be tough to repeat in the regular season, since NFL teams are going to pick up on that.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

The Raiders have 2 college FA at C and RG in Andre James and Lester Cotton. James played OK last year, and Cotton had a good camp. John Simpson is a very up-and-down guy at LG. He has had some OK games but is mostly a poor starter.

Who knows who is going to play RT for them. Their choices are Thayer Munford (7th round draft pick this season), Jermaine Eluenmunor (5th rd 2015, 1006 snaps in 4 seasons with 3 teams, only half of them at OT), Jackson Barton (signed off the Giants PS this week) and Dylan Parham (rookie 3rd round pick out of Memphis this year). Brandon Parker was supposed to be their swing OT, but he is on IR right now. He was a 3rd round pick in 2018, and he hasn't played all that well in any of his 4 seasons.

Kolton Miller has turned into a pretty good LT, but I have the mental image of him being the dutch kid with fingers and toes in holes forming in the dyke while water is pouring in from all holes springing all around him.

Their D isn't much better. Everyone seems excited about Chandler Jones and Maxx Crosby, who are a pretty good duo at DE, but the only other decent starters they have are Trevon Moehring (FS), Rock Ya-Sin (CB) and Nate Hobbs (slot), none of who have played in this scheme before. Divine Deablo and Perryman are both much better run defenders than pass coverage guys, and their DT situation is not good. They are not very deep.

They have some weapons in Waller, Adams and Renfrow, but how will Adams respond to not being the #1 target after several years of being the #1 guy in GB. Plus, who would you double? Renfrow is a productive WR, but he is going to be the guy facing single coverage, not Adams. How will Adams take Carr going to Renfrow because that is what the D is giving them?

I am not sure that they are going to throw the ball like they did last year. Carr had 626 attempts last season, I don't think they are necessarily going to throw that much this season. I don't know that their OL is going to be great run blocking, but we know a lot of them can't pass protect. And while Carr makes a lot of plays, he also makes a lot of mistakes. He takes a lot of stats. He makes a lot of questionable decisions. I could see the Raiders playing it closer to the vest.

Their running game seemed like it might be OK, but they cut Drake, so are left with Josh Jacobs, Ameer Abdullah and Zamir White (rookie from GA with pass protection issues). Checking out the preseason highlights from the Raiders, most (all) of their decent runs came out of 2 RB sets behind a FB, which might be tough to repeat in the regular season, since NFL teams are going to pick up on that.
                  Really good summary. I should share this with my Raiders fan friends who are drinking the kool aid, but I think I will just let them discover for themselves in a few short days how over-hyped the Raiders have been.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

My gut says McD is going to try to go deep a few times to Adams just to try to open up the run game. I dont think they will be a consistent offense to move the ball downfield on long drives so going big or go home may be their motto initially. I think if we can be stout against the deep plays and force them into the shorter plays we will fair well as I just dont think their OL will hold up. I expect a lot of false starts and holding by their OL if they are truly that new to playing together under a new offense to boot. I'd keep our DL aggressive to putting pressure on Carr and I think they will make some mistakes. We just need a few good stands to give our Offense more opportunities and we can win by that alone. We dont need a great D Sunday....we just need a keep it in front of us D and hold them to FGs or less.

It will be interesting to see how their D shows up. A newer D and suspect talent is going to mean opportunities for Herbert. I feel sooo much better knowing our offense is near fully intact from last year. Pip likely the weak link at RT is really not bad in my opinion...we can't have pro bowlers at every spot and I think Pip can hold his own enough to give Herbert time to maneuver...compared to combined weak link last year of Schoefield and Norton we look much stouter on the right side.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Throwing deep to Adams may be a want but doing it is another Q. No particular speed there and the pocket won't last long. They are not Aaron Rodgers and the very good Green Bay OL.
                      RaTurd OL isn't much vs Chargers D front pass rush. Carr needs to get the ball out in 2-3 seconds. Only way they get open deep is if some body falls down and Carr makes the throw on the run.
                      They'll live on dink-dunk & run and hope for a busted coverage.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                        Throwing deep to Adams may be a want but doing it is another Q. No particular speed there and the pocket won't last long. They are not Aaron Rodgers and the very good Green Bay OL.
                        RaTurd OL isn't much vs Chargers D front pass rush. Carr needs to get the ball out in 2-3 seconds. Only way they get open deep is if some body falls down and Carr makes the throw on the run.
                        They'll live on dink-dunk & run and hope for a busted coverage.
                        Getting Carr in is natural fetal position helps. Bosa knows this.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Getting Carr in is natural fetal position helps. Bosa knows this.
                          This is a real possibility given their weakened oline of the Raiders. Carr will have to get rid of the ball in three seconds or less or scramble for yardage. Could be ugly for them if we continue to get to their QB quite frequently!
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X