• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So you want our special QB to have 122 carries with the ball?
    If he got hurt you would be one of the first ones to call Lombardi an idiot for that.

The QB with the most SB wins doesn't have 122 carries in his career. Neither does Payton and he has 2 SB wins.

We just need a QB that can run, he doesn't need to run often with designed plays.

Creative? Or being reckless?
    I’m not saying he has to run as much as Josh Allen but with a guy like Herbert a designed run once in a while would be effective. What creativity did you see from Lombardi. What’s the identity? Who are the Chargers offensively? I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I’m not saying he has to run as much as Josh Allen but with a guy like Herbert a designed run once in a while would be effective. What creativity did you see from Lombardi. What’s the identity? Who are the Chargers offensively? I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking.
      The Bills scored 483 points this year.
      Our offense scored 474.

What are you asking again?

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

The Bills scored 483 points this year.
        Our offense scored 474.

What are you asking again?
        Obviously we needed that extra 9 points given our close losses to LV, KC down the stretch

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Obviously we needed that extra 9 points given our close losses to LV, KC down the stretch
          No bro. I will once again let you know what the problem is.

The Bills defense gave up 289 points.
          Our defense gave up 459 points.

Simple math but some of you have a hard time understanding the real issue.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Oh I get it. That’s why I said fire Hill. Did you watch the Raider game? I won’t lose any sleep if the Yexans hire Lombardi

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I think Herbo definitely has to have some designed runs or more RPOs especially for short yardage
              gives him more time to survey the field
              And he's very good at throwing on the run.
              and he can be trusted to end with conservative slides.

I predict getting Herbert moving his legs will be a point of emphasis next season, makes too much sense.
              I don't neccesarily buy that he'll be any more at risk than from a pocket
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Oh I get it. That’s why I said fire Hill. Did you watch the Raider game? I won’t lose any sleep if the Yexans hire Lombardi
                Have you considered who we could feasibly hire that has as good or better an understanding of the offense?
                or are you wiling to yet again change the offense on Herbert?
                playcalling isn't everything.
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

What Defense? We have six players doing their job properly and the rest were just Fillers in our roster to make 11 on the field. LOL!

:wtf:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

I think they hired him because they thought he was the smartest best guy. I bet he interviews like a champ. They may have interviewed him based on what he did as a DC but I bet he got hired for what he said about team building or whatever in the interview. In any case, the bloom is off the rose as far as Staley’s defensive prowess. He ain’t that good. So I say again if the guy is smart and he seems to be and wants to keep coach g in the NFL he’ll get some help. Otherwise he’s gonna be the guy that went for it on 4th down sitting on a couch somewhere. And we will be the fans who saw another good QBs career wasted
                    What do you think being interviewed for an NFL HC job means? https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-not-x-os-ceos

I think coaching interviews are guys selling a owner and GM on their vision of how a team gets from being the Chargers to a SB champion. You are buying the vision. But it also means you are buying how he implements it. Again, I don't understand how you think we got Staley, if he wasn't supposed to sell himself on his body of work.

Again I don't know what you think team building is supposed to entail? To me, it seems to mean selling someone on an integrated plan, which means you can't just mix and match and plug-in pieces (necessarily).

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Who said anything about firing Staley? If Staley is as smart as he thinks he is, he will realize that he’s be better off surrounding himself with people as smart or smarter. I doubt Hill is that guy. Find someone better
                      Based on what?

Again, he might be the best DC in NFL history in the waiting, but he was running Staley's D, not necessarily doing what HE wanted to do.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Well Staleys defense was the best in the whole NFL last year.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

So ...

There are a lot of reasons a D can underperform. Coaches can only control so many of them, and it is not clear that Hill is even the guy controlling them.

One big problem coaches run into was running the ideal D for the personnel for the team they just left. Was last year's Ram's D close to the ideal for Staley's D?

Personally, I think it had a lot to do with the Rams being a pretty experienced D when Staley got there. Meanwhile, the Chargers D has a lot of younger players who don't have the same experience and understanding of the game to fall back on.

Comment

Working...
                          X