• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thatst not to say that the offense can't improve and you can cherry pick all you want but the problem for the 2021 chjargers was on defense and special teams
    Yes it was. And I don't see the Chargers in search of an expensive offense weapon.
    Unless a Jery Rice type is there at 17. Then, fix that defense with FA, 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Yes it was. And I don't see the Chargers in search of an expensive offense weapon.
      Unless a Jery Rice type is there at 17. Then, fix that defense with FA, 2nd and 3rd rounds.
      I would like to see speed on offense but I also think having a better RT, CB or run stuffer is a higher priority. I am not turning down "fast talent" in R1 or R3 or R7 for that matter.

But all things equal, I think if the Chargers give big dollars to Mike Williams, that is not a good use of resources to than draft a Jameson Williams. But, if Mike Williams is not back, they take those resources for say CB and RT or CB and IDL - than sure, a fast WR becomes something to discuss at 17.

But for a team lacking a CB, RT and IDL help - to have Allen signed, Josh Palmer, probably Guyton, bringing back Mike Willams AND finally adding 17 with a WR - that is not balancing resources to build a team.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would like to see speed on offense but I also think having a better RT, CB or run stuffer is a higher priority. I am not turning down "fast talent" in R1 or R3 or R7 for that matter.

But all things equal, I think if the Chargers give big dollars to Mike Williams, that is not a good use of resources to than draft a Jameson Williams. But, if Mike Williams is not back, they take those resources for say CB and RT or CB and IDL - than sure, a fast WR becomes something to discuss at 17.

But for a team lacking a CB, RT and IDL help - to have Allen signed, Josh Palmer, probably Guyton, bringing back Mike Willams AND finally adding 17 with a WR - that is not balancing resources to build a team.
        All depends what they do in FA.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Watching the games, we need better talent.
          Hard to disagree with this.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I really really hope they hit FA hard, and are coldly judicial about the many players we have hitting FA. Sad if 2022 is a lather rinse repeat of this season, cuz all the same guys are brought back + rookies. Not gonna dethrone KC like that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

A top five O that failed to put up a final score to close out, what, five games? They were the problem.
              Nope I'd say a defene that gave up the second most points in the league was the problem.

Only the Jets gave up more.

That was the problem.

The offense scored the 3rd most points in the league. Tough to win and make the playoffs while scoring 474 points and giving up a whopping 459.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Both. Problems ahoy, everywhere.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I know Bryan Bulaga is a bad word in Chargerland at the moment, but...
                  any hope that he's both healthy and willing to restructure his last year on his deal to play essentially free?
                  Vs getting cut and getting nothing while looking for a deal no one will give him.
                  He can be our penciled in starter if we can't find an upgrade via draft/FA.
                  both sides know he's been massively overpaid proportionate to what he's produced so we get a low risk high reward deal
                  and he gets a chance at a prove-it deal.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

I really really hope they hit FA hard, and are coldly judicial about the many players we have hitting FA. Sad if 2022 is a lather rinse repeat of this season, cuz all the same guys are brought back + rookies. Not gonna dethrone KC like that.
                    Exactly.Time to be all about a superbowl appearance.Cut whoever ya got to to get us there.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      I know Bryan Bulaga is a bad word in Chargerland at the moment, but...
                      any hope that he's both healthy and willing to restructure his last year on his deal to play essentially free?
                      Vs getting cut and getting nothing while looking for a deal no one will give him.
                      He can be our penciled in starter if we can't find an upgrade via draft/FA.
                      both sides know he's been massively overpaid proportionate to what he's produced so we get a low risk high reward deal
                      and he gets a chance at a prove-it deal.
                      No restructuring. He gets cut. And then maybe you bring him back for vet minimum.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

NO!!!! That's where Lombardi needs to go!!!!!
                        Don't you get tired of being wrong?

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

With a glaring need along the defensive line, here are five pending free agents the Chargers could target.

My dude is #1.

Comment

Working...
                          X