• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

As mentioned in the other thread, the double standard on offenses needing to open it up late in desperation time is kind of funny.
    Why funny? We suck at it.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Why funny? We suck at it.
      No, people here are quite good with double standards.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

It's good to see Steichen is working out so well as the Eagles OC. He doesn't have the qualifications or pedigree of Joe Lombardi, but that doesn't seem to be stopping him. Good guy, am happy for him.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
          Chargers Hall of Fame
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          There cannot be a worse idea than to fire Lombardi now.

Herbert needs continuity now more than ever, while dealing with pain management and his ribs.
          Seems a random statement.

Herbert has had major success in the NFL without continuity. He's never had it. In fact, this season is the most continuity he's had. And, well...not sure I'm seeing the bonus of it yet.

Count me in on the "Lombardi is a problem" train. But, then again, I said it way back when he was hired. Was not a fan. And have yet to be won over.

Comment

• Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
            We had over 400 yds of offense. It’s not like we got shut down!? They took away the deep stuff and forced us to play underneath. Please stop with the T-Billy comments!!!! Please!
            They played us underneath quite a bit and we had plenty of opportunities to hit some long and medium passes. Honestly, I am not sure what game you were watching.

Comment

• Herbert is once again in the bottom 5 in intended air yards per attempt. Unreal. His completion percentage is 5.5% over expected based on his passes so far, meaning that things would be even worse but for Herbert.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Herbert has had major success in the NFL without continuity. He's never had it. In fact, this season is the most continuity he's had. And, well...not sure I'm seeing the bonus of it yet.

Count me in on the "Lombardi is a problem" train. But, then again, I said it way back when he was hired. Was not a fan. And have yet to be won over.
                Maybe it would be best to change the OC annually haha
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Continuity is what got us Norv

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    There cannot be a worse idea than to fire Lombardi now.

Herbert needs continuity now more than ever, while dealing with pain management and his ribs.

Intelligent football takes have been replaced by blind hatred of Lombardi.

I must respectfully say, this is arrogance and foolishness, my fellow TPBers and Charger fans across social media.
                    Certainly it would have been preferable to let Lombo go after the end of last season, then hire our new OC. It was painfully obvious Lombo was unqualified for the job. However, at this point the second best choice to save this season is to fire Lombo now, and promote one of the assistants who has a better feel for opening up our offense to include more deep and intermediate passes, which should open up our ground game and short passing attack. Hop onto a lifeboat before the Boltanic sinks...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Continuity is what got us Norv
                      LOL...and Milquetoast Mikey...and Lynn...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
                        Herbert is once again in the bottom 5 in intended air yards per attempt. Unreal. His completion percentage is 5.5% over expected based on his passes so far, meaning that things would be even worse but for Herbert.
                        Wow...further evidence Lombo is handcuffing Herbie...this is really sad...an elite QB like Herbie joined at the hip to an unqualified and unimaginative OC holding him back from greatness...and the team from a legit SB run...it would be like forcing Rembrandt to paint by numbers...like forcing Baryshnikov to dance with a ball and chain shackled to his ankle...like forcing Jimi Hendrix to play his guitar right-handed...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

The Chain Gang at work above
                          Theres a nickname to coin, but you are a member of it lol.

The continuous repeating is the trademark.

Comment

Working...
                          X