• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
    Look at that TD pass. All of our receivers ran the same depth routes and curled. Way too bunched up. This offense is garbage.
    Right. It was Allen breaking out and up after the play had collapsed and Herbert was rolling out that made it work. That was not a Lombo design.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

I agree with your point. in fact, i am not a fan of Lombardi - no creativity when we are having trouble moving the ball. however, the constant "fire X" and "fire Y" threads get old at some point.
      To me what got old a long time ago was having Dan Fouts, Philip Rivers, or Justin Herbert at quarterback and not even reaching a Super Bowl. Herbert hasn't even been to the playoffs yet. That is downright ridiculous.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

gonna blame Lombardi for Clapp getting schooled by Tillery?

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
          gonna blame Lombardi for Clapp getting schooled by Tillery?
          So whos to blame if not the coaching staff?Injuries are not an excuse they are symptom of a bigger problem.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

So whos to blame if not the coaching staff?Injuries are not an excuse they are symptom of a bigger problem.
            Take 4 starters out of any offensive line in the league and watch what would happen. Hint, it would look like our performance today.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Yes and no. Lombardi runs all his plays at the same depth, most short of the end zone or 3rd down marker. Other teams run multiple depths and spreads. Lombo makes it easy on the players to defend. That is opposite of what he should be doing.
              Look, I've been a big critic of Lombo, but he doesn't run ALL his pass plays at the same depth...
              (However, MOST of them are short stick routes...)

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Take 4 starters out of any offensive line in the league and watch what would happen. Hint, it would look like our performance today.
                Draft better,work FA better,coach better,train better,run physical therapy better.There is no curse except for the curse of cheap shortsighted ownership.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

I just told you

I cannot blame Lombardi for Will Clapp getting schooled by Jerry Tillery. I know Corey Linsley wouldnt have been schooled.
                  I cannot blame Lombardi for Sayler letting Chandler Jones have career day. I have see Rashawn Slater stonewall stronger pass rushers.
                  I cannot blame Lombardi for DeAndre Carter dropping the 4th down pass. I have video of MDub making these catches

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

I just told you

I cannot blame Lombardi for Will Clapp getting schooled by Jerry Tillery. I know Corey Linsley wouldnt have been schooled.
                    I cannot blame Lombardi for Sayler letting Chandler Jones have career day. I have see Rashawn Slater stonewall stronger pass rushers.
                    I cannot blame Lombardi for DeAndre Carter dropping the 4th down pass. I have video of MDub making these catches
                    Agree, as I said during the game, Lombardi isn't blocking.
                    Herbert was harassed the whole game. Not every pass but most of them, right from the first series.

Again I say, we ALL knew our OL depth wasn't very good. It's quite bad.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-05-2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Look, I've been a big critic of Lombo, but he doesn't run ALL his pass plays at the same depth...
                      (However, MOST of them are short stick routes...)
                      Point well taken. Not all routes, just all that matter in crucial situations.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Agree, as I said during the game, Lombardi isn't blocking.
                        Herbert was harassed the whole game. Not every pass but most of them, right from the first series.

Again I say, we ALL knew our OL depth wasn't very good. It's quite bad.
                        My problem with yesterday is Lombardi didn't seem to account for the fake he had back-ups in the game

Last year, it was a cold monday night game. Patriots against the Bills - . Mac Jones passed three times. The Patriots ran the ball over 40 times ( I just looked it up)
                        Patriots ran a lot of two TEs where the second TE was actually an OT. So the patriots decided weather was a factor, we are going to run the ball, field position, punt, all of that.

Lombardi coached yesterday like he had a normal roster. That tells me all I need to know about the guy

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Nothing is going to change. The injury excuse will be played like every year and we will have the same GM and coaches next year.

Herbert is so good, he masks how terrible the rest of the team is. If Chargers had Carr or many other QB’s in the league they would have 0 wins and Spanos would be forced to clean house as there would be nobody attending the home games but visitor fans.

Comment

Working...
                          X